Vote Steve in First TImer

I'll give up bacon if you vote for me...

21 to 40 of 190 messages
05/12/2012 at 21:09
Green and white tigger wrote (see)

Actually anyone tried sausages with cheese and red? yumm yumm!! Eggs should be poached never fried perfection in a shell!! even better added on the top of grilled bacon topped with salt and pepper!

I do love a poached egg - eggs benedict is one of my favourite breakfasts...

I've just had dinner and I'm hungry again!

05/12/2012 at 21:11
Steve: on the marmite front, wrong answer. I weeped tears. I've not cried since April... Oh well... Like the cheese answer though, this process is highly emotional. Seen the videos from last year? That's how it. You've for my vote.
05/12/2012 at 21:17

I do hope that if you do get in you share your daily food intake!!

05/12/2012 at 21:17
melaniejayne wrote (see)

Hey Steve......amazing we got through...!!!...wahhhhh....just all seems a bit wierd and surreal!!!.....look forward to following your progress.....!!..good luck!!!.....xx

Hey Mel,

I know! I can't believe I'm up against you and Aaron! It is the strangest feeling, isn't it?! We were lucky enough to have a fab group at bootcamp - whichever of us gets through fully deserves it

Good luck!

05/12/2012 at 21:20
BoDuke wrote (see)
Steve: on the marmite front, wrong answer. I weeped tears. I've not cried since April... Oh well... Like the cheese answer though, this process is highly emotional. Seen the videos from last year? That's how it. You've for my vote.

Haha - that does raise a question as to what you usually weep... presumably some sort of yeast-based product? Look at it this way - if I don't buy marmite, it's less likely to sell out and leave you wanting...

It is surprisingly emotional, and there's still a week to go! I haven't seen the videos - where are they?

Thanks for the support and taking the time to comment

05/12/2012 at 21:21
Green and white tigger wrote (see)

I do hope that if you do get in you share your daily food intake!!

Tigs, my daily food intake would sustain a small herd of elephants... so I reckon I can spare at least a little

05/12/2012 at 21:48
Steve loves bacon wrote (see)

Where did your forum name come from - I have vague science class recollections that it means plant-like or wood-like or something?

It means having the quality or nature of wood.  (I'm a bit dense!)

05/12/2012 at 21:57

Steve - I ran 3:49 at Loch Ness (not the easiest of courses) and then have been slower ever since but then of my other 3 maras - 2 have been LAMMs (google it sometime) and then I did Langdale this year (sold as the toughest road mara in the world)!  So I reckon you should be on for quicker than that in Paris!

Mayo with everything except bacon - when it has to be red and the bread deffo has to be buttered! (Oh but apple sauce with chips - don't knock it til you've tried it!!!)

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 22:04
05/12/2012 at 22:02
Totally agree with SB on the bread bein buttered thing!

The link: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/tv/ I'm on phone. So not a hyperlink, soz.
05/12/2012 at 23:01

Awww Steve - your thread is making me so hungry!!! I'm already on about Day 10 of my advent calendar ...

So ... if you don't get into Paris through the thread will you be doing any other marathons this year? Or have you got any other races planned?

06/12/2012 at 09:47

I used to eat bacon like it was my last meal.  Loved it so much that I couldn't get enough of it, including the rinds and dipping my bread in the fat for good measure.  A nutritionists nightmare.

In the last couple of years I suddenly find that I can barely eat it.  I still love the taste and smell as much as ever, but I can't eat it very much without feeling physically sick.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine, so maybe it's age-related.  Or maybe the wife is slipping arsenic into the grease.

I'm not trying to make a point.  This has been upsetting and I thank you for the opportunity to share some of my burden.

06/12/2012 at 09:49

I don't think I've had bacon this year either!

How old are you Steve? If you don't mind me asking - let's test Prof. Ten's hypothesis...

06/12/2012 at 11:28

Please ... tell me Tenjiso's hypothesis isn't right!! Does that mean I need to get all my bacon-eating in now before I get older and go off it?

06/12/2012 at 11:37

RRR - just look on it as a reason to eat as much as possible, guilt-free.  Other reasons include "Oh, I'm just following the Atkins diet for breakfast".

One of my favourite lines from Homer Simpson was when Lisa explained that becoming a vegetarian meant not eating bacon, pork or ham and that they all came from the same animal.  "Right Lisa, some wonderful, magical animal!"

mcs
06/12/2012 at 12:14

JOnny Morris will be turning in his grave all this "Animal Magic"......starving give me a bacon sandwich please.

06/12/2012 at 13:54
Sleepy Bear wrote (see)

Steve - I ran 3:49 at Loch Ness (not the easiest of courses) and then have been slower ever since but then of my other 3 maras - 2 have been LAMMs (google it sometime) and then I did Langdale this year (sold as the toughest road mara in the world)!  So I reckon you should be on for quicker than that in Paris!

Mayo with everything except bacon - when it has to be red and the bread deffo has to be buttered! (Oh but apple sauce with chips - don't knock it til you've tried it!!!)

Wow, LAMMs sound absolutely amazing! My sister's husband did a quadrathlon in Scotland recently and loved every minute, so I reckon I could even bring a team along with me!

Apple sauce and chips?? I'll certainly give it a go...!

06/12/2012 at 13:55

Thanks BoDuke, most appreciated - no sound on the work PC so will defo check it out this evening - I have my son round so we can watch it together and see what Daddy might be facing!

06/12/2012 at 13:56

RRR haha I know - me too! I thought entering would make me super-fit... I reckon I'll be spherical come the spring!

06/12/2012 at 13:56

Xyloid hmmm... sounds like rather a cleverly worked out name for someone who claims to be dense

Your name kicks ass at Scrabble, too...!

06/12/2012 at 13:59

Tenjiso - you have actually terrified me at the very thought of going off bacon! I'm 31 now - how long do I have left??

But I do appreciate the heartfelt post - you sound like you've lost an old friend.  It's good to talk about these things and, perhaps, with closure will come acceptance...

21 to 40 of 190 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.