Vote Steve in First TImer

I'll give up bacon if you vote for me...

101 to 120 of 190 messages
10/12/2012 at 21:33

Tigs - actually drew that one a while back but thought you'd appreciate it Doing a big mural in my impending niece/nephew's nursery very shortly so been digging through old pics with my sister and figured you might appreciate it I won't expect royalties if you want to use it haha

ps you might have mentioned that you love pictures of Tiggers... I think

10/12/2012 at 21:38
sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)

Loving the photos. Its so nice to read about people on here. Obviously the medical bit caught my eye to. Having read about carcinoid tumours, ive never actually met anyone with one/whose had one before. I love to raise money for charity, I try to do it at least once a year (as any more often friends tend to walk in the opposite direction when they see you coming)

Yes, they are not common apparently (though I'm sure you know much, much more than I do on the subject!). Luckily for me, for some reason it was causing me some pain and they thought it was appendicitis, then they didn't, then they did - spent two days in hospital then got sent home, went back again three weeks later and spent three days on a ward with each shift of surgeon changing their mind or not as to whether to operate or not...

They eventually did (I think just to prove, by that point, that I was malingering!) and by chance found the tumour, so the operation was... a little more invasive than first planned!

I know what you mean about fund-raising! Think my friends are sick of me metaphorically rattling the collection pot by now! Who have you raised for?

10/12/2012 at 21:39

Awesome drawing Steve! And Tigger certianly likes it judging by the amount of bouncing going on

MelanieJayne - I was looking at Trailwalker too but from a runing point of view. I think you have to pay about £400 to enter but betwwen 4 of you that shouldn't be too terrible ... Might be interesting!

10/12/2012 at 21:51

RRR - Aw thanks only a pencil sketch tho - the paintings are better!!

11/12/2012 at 12:21

Just want to point out that if anyone notices that #AFewGoodBacon is trending on Twitter, it's nothing to do with me, promise.

11/12/2012 at 12:50

loved your drawing of tigger!

11/12/2012 at 12:57
So what are your last minute tactics to get some votes in then?
11/12/2012 at 12:58

Good Morning Bacon!

We want to see photographic evidence of the paintings! 

11/12/2012 at 14:29
Green and white tigger wrote (see)

Good Morning Bacon!

We want to see photographic evidence of the paintings! 

We want pics!

11/12/2012 at 14:55
RunnyRunRun wrote (see)
So what are your last minute tactics to get some votes in then?

Hmm... not sure... how about a new campaign slogan?

"#TargetFreeMincePies", "Will strip for votes" or "Vote Steve Or I'll set my sister on you" (she's six months pregnant and rather hormonal)

11/12/2012 at 15:11

Bit of a random assortment, but you did ask:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/744786/gallery/four_arms.jpg?width=350

Four Arms from Ben 10...

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/744786/gallery/powerpuff_girls.jpg?width=350

The Powerpuff Girls (!)

11/12/2012 at 15:12

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/744786/gallery/south_park.jpg?width=350

A massive 8ft South Park mural I was asked to do...

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/744786/gallery/never_forget.jpg?width=350

Um... an elephant...!

11/12/2012 at 15:14

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/744786/gallery/abstract.jpg?width=350

Someone asked me to do them "something abstract". I obliged.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/744786/gallery/chicken_little.jpg?width=350

Me if I get chosen to go to Paris!

11/12/2012 at 15:14

I like them!

How about #ParisNeedsBacon ?

11/12/2012 at 16:20

wow they are wicked!! Fancing doing spiderman on Olivers wall??

loving the #ParisNeedsBacon!!

11/12/2012 at 17:09

Tigs - I'd love to and while I'm up your way, guess we might as well go and run a race!

RRR - looks like #ParisNeedsBacon is the winner!

11/12/2012 at 17:57

OMG, your pictures are amazing. Im loving the South park and Steve going to Paris ones, your really talented

That was so lucky that they removed your appendix and found it. You probably know far more than me about that kind of tumour. Due to them being quite rare I would need to read up on them. My brain can only take so much, the rest is filled up with blondness and running!

Ive just noticed they have christmas faces now aswell!

I tend to raise money for a few charities and dont have a specific one. Ive raised alot for Marie Curie with collection tins, name the bear, abseil down hallamshire hospital, zip slide and absail at bramall lane etc. I did my first 10 k for macmillan. I did a sky dive for cystic fibrosis after working with someone with the condition, I did my first half for BHF (as my husband department at work was trying to raise money for a new echo machine) and then I did London for help the hospices. I also try and buy things from charity magazines eg christmas cards and decorations, calendars etc and their raffle tickets. Ive just bought some tickets to go on a steam train (to raise money for York against cancer) for me, my OH and both my parents. Its supposed to have been used in Harry Potter, I cant wait!

11/12/2012 at 18:13

Sarah it will take you to gothland station that was the harry potter station and home of Heartbeat!

11/12/2012 at 18:23

Hey tigger its on the 30th of December so im hoping and prayer that the weather holds out!

11/12/2012 at 19:00

Wow, thanks Sarah  Yeah, the South Park one was fun to do - took a while though! lol

I know - so, so lucky! From what they told me, it is usually symptomless and you only know about it once it has start causing major probs... Haha well you can't be expected to remember everything!! It just amazes me how much you have to know to do your job. (I can't find the christmas smilies!)

You've done an amazing amount for charity! I'm the same in that I don't have one specific charity - I've raised money for GOSH, Cancer Research UK (obviously!), Havens Hospices...

Bramall Lane as in Sheffield United? 

Train ride sounds great - enjoy!

101 to 120 of 190 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.