Vote Steve in First TImer

I'll give up bacon if you vote for me...

141 to 160 of 190 messages
12/12/2012 at 22:47
In France they have a race where you get alcohol/wine at the drink stations.....we could give that a try?

I love Whitby, but I do only go for a day/weekend about once a year. What was it like around Halloween? I've always wanted to experience it but everywhere is always booked up.
12/12/2012 at 22:52

Tigs - haha Essex squeals?? What have people been saying about us Essex boys?

Sarah - Phew! Glad you're willing to forgive and forget! My whole family have been West Ham supporters for years - I reckon if I hadn't followed suit, I would have been disowned!!

12/12/2012 at 22:53
That's how I ended up a blade....blame my dad the most though!
12/12/2012 at 23:01

Ooh yes - isn't that the Marathon du Medoc? I would be TOTALLY up for a race where there are alternative refreshments..! There was a stand at this years Reading half where they were hanidng out beer and pork scratchings ... I wasn't brave enough to give them a go though!

12/12/2012 at 23:04
We would have to start drinking on training runs just to see if it agrees with us!

I really don't think I could do it....I love my water too much!
12/12/2012 at 23:07

Sarah - Haha my mum was the same - I remember going to a Liverpool match many, many (many, many) years ago and she was jumping around, cheering and hugging strangers so much... was proper embarrassing!

She used to work in a pub in Green Street (where our stadium is) when she was 19/20 and used to serve all the players after the game, back when after the match they used to pile into the pub and drink a few pints of bitter (!)

RRR - Alternative refreshments sound good! I'm hopefully doing the Artemis Quadrathlon next year (http://www.artemisgreatkindrochit.com/) and they have an Bikini Island halfway down the canoe route where you get a pina colada... sadly it's non-alcoholic

13/12/2012 at 10:02

Steve - That looks amazing! I read an article in a running mag a few months ago which covered something similar - looked really tough but a huge achievement! Wow!

Non-alcoholic? Well what's the point of putting a cocktail umbrella in it then?

Sarah - Well if you're *really* good then we'll let you take some water along as well. Just as a treat, mind. Don't expect to be allowed water EVERY time

13/12/2012 at 12:24

Congratulations Steve, i will be following you on your journey

13/12/2012 at 12:47

WHOOO HOOOOOO I CAN HEAR YOU SQUEALING YOU BUTCH ESSEX BOY!!!!!!

mcs
13/12/2012 at 12:49

Is the news out then? Who is in?

13/12/2012 at 12:50

Sarah Whitby in Halloween isn't too bad, if you really want to see some sights hit the goth weekend!!! It's..... erm.... interesting! Really busy all the charity shops (and they have a lot) dress the windows in Gothic clothing!! really funny! interesting when you have toddlers asking you loudly what are they wearing!!

13/12/2012 at 12:52

Well done Steve .  

Now hurry up and get started, so I can commence stalker-mode 

13/12/2012 at 12:57

Thanks so much for all the kind comments guys... I'm just totally blown away!

I'm still 75% certain that I am going to wake up in a minute!

Thank you all so much for your votes and your support and thank you for being so wondefully warm and welcoming on the forum - you've all made this whole process a pleasure from start to finish!

Promise I'll keep you all up to date with the whole journey from here to Paris and fell free to ask me absolutely anything about it - I'd love to share!

Training starts Monday!!

Thanks again

13/12/2012 at 12:59

Monday ? You're slacking already

Good luck and let us know how you get on with no bacon !

mcs
13/12/2012 at 13:18

Congrats to you send me your bacon!!!

13/12/2012 at 13:20

Well done Lurpack!!! Your the new me!

13/12/2012 at 13:27

Well done Steve (going to grill not fry) bacon

13/12/2012 at 14:21

Does anyone know what the symptoms of bacon withdrawal are?

seren nos yn canu    pirate
13/12/2012 at 14:24

right we will all be around to finish the bacon off........

Green and white tigger wrote (see)

WHOOO HOOOOOO I CAN HEAR YOU SQUEALING YOU BUTCH ESSEX BOY!!!!!!

hang on..no one told me he was an essex boy

well done and good luck

13/12/2012 at 14:45

Hey Steve, well done. Look forward to working with you and cracking this first marathon. I'll email you direct to find out when good to have a programme planning chat.

141 to 160 of 190 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.