We're bloody miserable bu**ers here in London

I know it's been said but...

41 to 47 of 47 messages
07/03/2003 at 17:43
Steve, do you go on any long runs on weekends? Would you mind too much if I tag along?
09/03/2003 at 23:04
I used to live in Hull, where going out running would just get me abuse from all and sundry. Compared to that, London is paradise; here I just get ignored! I regularly run in Richmond Park and find most people tend to stare through my friendly "hi"s and smiles. The only two times I've been spoken to is by blokes passing me who said hi on their way past. Hmmmmm.....
10/03/2003 at 01:38
I did a long run today (2 hours, which is long for me). I intentionally set out to say hello to everyone I met. I was quite supprised by the response. About 8 out of 10 gave me a response, most said hello or morning, with one or two a nod of the head.

Must have been the sunshine.
10/03/2003 at 08:34
Scouse

Me and a friend try to do at least one long run (at least 2 hours) each week, normally a Saturday or a Sunday morning. Feel free to tag along. E-mail me if you fancy it, and we can arrange to meet up somewhere.

Steve
10/03/2003 at 16:35
I did 3 laps of Richmond Park this morning and I have to say I was absolutly shocked at the lack of initial response from 8 out of ten people. I think most people were so shocked that when we crossed on the other side some managed to offer a form of salutation. However by the last lap could barely raise a grunt in response.

10/03/2003 at 16:37
Steve, that sounds good. Unfortunately, your email link isn't enabled. And I'll be going back to Liverpool this weekend, so won't be able to join you. But weekend after would be good.
10/03/2003 at 16:40
Steve ignore that last post....email is on the way.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.