What if Good for your Age?

5 messages
LT
21/11/2002 at 18:01
I sent a letter (not a form) asking for a place in the London Marathon and proof of my time for the NYC marathon last year, but I'm worried that I should have sent something else. Should I have sent a check? Do you have any idea when I might hear from them?
21/11/2002 at 18:38
You should have sent proof of time and proof of i.d. (e.g. photocopy of driving licence/passport).
The above should have been sent by 18.10.02.
You should not have sent a cheque.
They ought to have got back to you by now (1) stating that they accept that you are who you say you are & have done the time that you claim to have done; (2) providing you with an entry application form (3) requesting a cheque. It might be worth giving them a call.
22/11/2002 at 17:03
The cheque would have had to be with them by the 18th November.
22/11/2002 at 19:57
Yes Lindsay - get onto them double quick. they've screwed up in not sending you an application form by the October deadline.

PS. they've already cashed my cheque.
LT
22/11/2002 at 23:51
Thanks, guys! I called them today, and they said that they had already sent the acceptance and application stuff, but i never got it. They are re-sending it all tomorrow, and everything seems to be ok! Thanks again, and happy running!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.