What if it's raining on marathon day?

What to wear...

21 to 23 of 23 messages
24/03/2014 at 09:09

I have it on very good authority that if there's a chance of rain the event will be cancelled. So I wouldn't worry

24/03/2014 at 12:31

Once, it started sleeting in the middle of a marathon. Then, I was glad I had a Montane windjacket balled up in one pocket (size of a grapefruit). In the infamous Manchester of a couple of years back I kept on a binbag for quite a while. Other than those exceptional conditions I'd do what the others say. Note that if you have flappy shorts and they get sodden through then you may get chafing problems even if you don't normally have them.

27/03/2014 at 23:19

Yes, you might want to wear tight shorts.  No need for coats in April.  Getting cold is the enemy, not wet, which you won't get if you keep moving.  Would recommend a running cap though which makes you feel a bit more comfortable and keeps the rain out of your eyes.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.