what to do instead

7 messages
30/11/2002 at 16:28
Soon as i saw the parcel i new i was rejected. after being pissed off for the day decided to hunt around for alternatives. Does anyone know about any of the following, if they are good etc, difficulty and so on
Leeds marathon
Paris marathon April 6th
Edinborough 15th June
30/11/2002 at 16:34
Paris is a popular choice. Thats what I am doing and many other forumites. Least the fleece wasnt bad eh? (ALthough I'm now covered in blue fluff;-))
30/11/2002 at 16:38
Shakespeare marathon in Stratford, usually a week or so behind the FLM.
30/11/2002 at 16:46
The fleece is quite smart have not warn it yet, will take your advice and wash it before i wear to minimise fluffage. Also do you not think people will look at you knowing you did not actually get into the marathon if you wear the fleece.

Maybe a rival marathon could be organised where an entry requirement is a rejection letter and a bequethment fleece. What do ya reckon.
30/11/2002 at 16:55
Rotterdam is on the same day and has a very good reputation. I am going for that one.

Simon
30/11/2002 at 17:16
Also on the same day is the Tresco marathon - eight laps of one of the Scilly Isles. RW did a review not so long ago.
30/11/2002 at 19:22
I haven't been rejected yet but i am a bit pessamistic considering the odds, but being a first timer i would like it to be something a bit special. So Paris is looking very attractive.

Website is www.parismarathon.com/marathon/2003/us/index.html

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.