Where is the start?!

5 messages
15/12/2003 at 20:34
I am just about to book my accomomdation for the FLM weekend but as this is my first one, I don't know where the start is? Can anybody tell me so at least I can try to get somewhere close! Much appreciated
15/12/2003 at 20:47
The start is at Blackheath, but a lot of people try to be near the finish as you don't feel much like travelling across London afterwards!

We stopped in Victoria last year.

You get free public transport to the start with you marathon number.
15/12/2003 at 21:01
Cheers for the prompt reply. As I live in Spain I wanted to get the accommodation booked before it's too late. I have just booked into a Thistle hotel in Euston. Not too sure where this is in relation to the finish but hopefully somebody can let me know! Presumably there are post race parties!!!!
15/12/2003 at 21:07
Gareth - you're not too far away, but not quite walking distance, esp after 26 miles of running. You'll want to get a taxi from trafalgar square back to your hotel I should think...
15/12/2003 at 21:10
I might walk as I am sure there'll be a few 'watering holes' on the way back. Although I might need a wheelchair....
Thanks for the useful info! At least I kinda know where I am going!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.