Where to go next

Wanting to improve

4 messages
02/06/2008 at 22:08

Hi all,

I've just completed my first marathon (London) and loved every minute of it, including the training. I completed it in 3hrs 21 and am looking to improve on this time next year. I am 23 years old and would be open to any advice as to where to take my running from here. Since the marathon, I have kept my fitness ticking over and now feel that I am 100% recovered so am looking to progress in strength and speed. Any ideas? 

Thanks

Aims

03/06/2008 at 08:48

Have you joined a running club? That might give you some new ideas and a new challenge.

08/06/2008 at 15:21

Brilliant first effort.

Try to improve your speed over shorter distances during the summer and autumn.

Plenty of 10k or half marathon schedules and races around or Join a club if you haven't already.

If possible try a few cross country races in the winter (great for increasing stamina).

Then plan for your next marathon and if all goes well you should be able to beat the 3:15 barrier.

Good Luck

08/06/2008 at 20:46

Thanks for the good advice.

I have been a member of a running club and have recently relocated and am looking to join a local club. 

I also have a 10k race next Sunday which should be a good sign as to how fit/fast I am at the moment.

Thanks again folks!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.