Who's brave enough to test run their fancy dress before the day?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
01/04/2004 at 22:21
just toying with the idea of fancy dress , i did have sensible approach to flm but as time getting nearer getting very giddy and have purchased wonder woman outfit today. do i wear just fancy dress outfit or put running stuff underneath . Please advise
01/04/2004 at 22:43
I've never done a marathon in costume, but I'd guess that two major concerns would be getting too hot (so don't wear both) and yet you don't want chafing, so maybe wearing some other kit underneath would help.

You could try a run without kit underneath and see if it's a problem for chafing, but that means going out on your own in your costume :-O
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
01/04/2004 at 23:34
Once did Reading Half as a baby, complete with dummy, Bonnet, and towel as a nappy.

1...30....with extra chaffing....

And got 2nd prize in the fancy dress, £75 Nike voucher :)))))))))
01/04/2004 at 23:56
Who won first prize Nicko? Probably your mate in his stilletoes I should think.
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
02/04/2004 at 00:26
No it was 4 dr.s that ran as a team to raise cash for the hospital they worked in actually. Bloody fix.....Just cos they wore surgical masks.
Try running with a fekkin dummy in your gob and all the kids taking the piss...little bastards.
02/04/2004 at 09:30
Bet you made a very fetching baby Nicko! Did all the mummies want to kiss you?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.