10 weeks off - best way to restart?

5 messages
22/12/2007 at 10:12

I've been unable to run for 10 weeks due to foot surgery but am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Thought I might start with 1 mile and see how it goes, gradually build up.

Anyone been in a similar situation and if so how did you return to your running routine?

Any advice appreciated.

22/12/2007 at 11:17
Liz, did you ask the surgeon when you could run again? Are you seeing a physio? How far can you walk?
22/12/2007 at 13:44
surgeon said 10 weeks onwards and to see how foot felt.  Can walk ok but still getting used to it - try and walk my two dogs for about 30 minutes every day.  Fitness level has obviously gone out the window and did think I might start with run/walk routine although don't usually do that - just run!
22/12/2007 at 19:47
liz u can go in  water to get  or fitness lever  40 mis  a  day u can run in water   good look
22/12/2007 at 19:55
liz  rowing machine good for u i was off for   15 weeks   so i did  rowing machine  6 days a week  for  50 mis   got fitness lever  black  my 1 race back  i did  a 10 k  and  time  was 37 33  so the rowing machine  help me  liz gave  a go  u be ok   take care

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.