10k/HM improving training

2 messages
Blue Peter    pirate
24/10/2012 at 14:27
Hi, looking for some advice on improving my training for 10k/hm's over the next 12 months. I started running last August after stopping smoking. Ran first 10 k last November in 50.47. Then first HM in march this year in 1hr 58m. Trained and ran a marathon in October in 4hr 7m. I am looking to structure my training more for the shorter distances over the next 12 months with the possibility of doing another marathon in autumn. I am currently doing around 30 miles per week but have to juggle this with a shift pattern of days/nights-12hr shifts. I have a 10k race this Sunday and a HM on 3rd nov which I intend on using as my bench marks for these distances. I am aiming for 47mins for the 10 k and 1hr50 for the HM. Targets for the next 12 months would be 42m 10k and 1.40 HM. With a marathon aim of 3.50 if I enter one. Just after any advice on best way to structure training, should I train for 1 distance etc Cheers, and apologies for the long post Pete
Blue Peter    pirate
25/10/2012 at 19:41
I think I may have killed my own thread!!????

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.