10kis in two weeks time, can/should i do it?

4 messages
19/01/2013 at 21:37

Hi all, after training for and running a 10k on November 18th last year in 51m.28s

(which i was very pleased with) I soon entered another, unfortunately I have been unable to run since due to various issues (not fitness)

My race number came through today and I've realised its two weeks tomorrow!

I thought I had another month for some reason.

will i have lost all the fitness gained from training for the last one or should I go for it?

I don't want to injure myself or do anything stupid having not run for 9 weeks

your thoughts greatly appreciated.

Edited: 19/01/2013 at 21:38
19/01/2013 at 21:49
You should be able to run it if you take it easy. Just don't expect an amazing performance. Might be worth going out a couple of times a week just to get your legs turning over.
19/01/2013 at 23:35

Agree 100% with Millsy.  It is only a couple of months ago since you ran well. Get out and do a few nice slow miles to get back into it...  I'm sure you'll be fine.

21/01/2013 at 17:33

Do a few runs before the race.I wouldn't like to go flat out in a race and pull something in this weather

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.