2 Marathons in 2 Weekends

3 messages
Golden Boots    pirate
27/04/2012 at 11:33

After being unable to run London last weekend because of a late injury (Sprained Ankle) in training, I am now looking at doing an Autumn Marathon instead. I am thinking Amsterdam, but also like the idea of doing Frankfurt the weekend afterwards.

At Amsterdam I would be looking at going under 3 hours (for comparison, I did 3:20 last year but have come on a lot more, was aiming for 3:10 at London, and that is running only 2/3 times per week through triathlon training, and recently set my first sub-36;00 10k pb.) but I would be happy with anything sub 3:30 at Frankfurt

Has anybody done this? I know I could do them both and just get round, but I will give everything on the first one to try and break  hours (and definitely get a GFA time of 3:10 if I dont) and don't know how much it will take out of me. I won't start training properly until mid July as I have an Ironman on 1st July and will need 2/3 weeks to fully recover

27/04/2012 at 11:42
You might be best advised to stick this query on the long running 'sub 3' thread in the spring marathon section.  I've PB'd a marathon (3:48) and then run one for 'fun' the following weekend (4:03) but I think at sub-3 for the first one you will likely be more broken than at my more modest pace. 
29/04/2012 at 11:22
there is Chester in October

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.