2012 Marathon thread

5,101 to 5,120 of 6,126 messages
04/10/2012 at 10:15

Stuart well done for getting out to the gym

jason nice track session

mace- thanks - yes, the last 2 miles were 8.41 and 8.04

AGF yup, agreed and thanks - just don't want to hit 95% too early (and repeat my past few failures...)

OH good luck tomorrow

---

13.10m this morning, slow start, then kept to a 75% ceiling for the rest - 1h58 so pretty happy. 

04/10/2012 at 10:56

Tek - Today actually! but think I will be fine.
sounds like you're well prepared this time

04/10/2012 at 21:13

Ah well, finished work too late so missed group run but did easy 3.6 with no ill effects

04/10/2012 at 21:45

OH well done for getting out there...glad you're ok

HM - is it blowing a gale down there with you?

05/10/2012 at 10:11

Reading back:

OH thats a massive PB well done I enjoyed your race report.

YC well now thats the first out the way what have you got planned for your next one? well done the marathon club is a great one to join.

Teknik some nice training going on there sir.

Fiona nice to see the speed building up not sure about the socks in bed.

Jason looking great for that 2:4** I thought that I had got myself close to that for London this year, but as you know it ended with that bloody stress fracture thats also one reason why I am using Dublin marathon to build a nice base going into Christmas. I cant wait to see how you go on Sunday.

Well thats my week in the SUN over managed a few runs  but dont recommend drinking French Coffee and Brandy Alexanders the nigh before. Did have a slight panic when 10 miles into my LSR I put my left foot in a pot hole and twisted my ankle a touch, thankfully everything is ok. Now where did I put my gloves and hat...............

05/10/2012 at 13:07

Teknik hope that cough is better.

Stuart, good to use the recovery time to mix up the training a bit. Nice to see you back to running already OH!

jason can't wait for the report already.

NP good to hear you enjoyed the sun. That's dedication doing a LSR on hols! 

Booked the London flights last night for VLM!   Got out for a run last night (work got in the way Wednesday) and did 8 miles at av 7:46mm pace. Set out to go slowly but a bit chilly so just ran without bothering what the pace was. Also entered the Aviemore 10k which is 14th.

Who are all the racers this weekend?

F

05/10/2012 at 13:29

welcome back NP

thanks F - I think it's nearly over

Week-end Races

07-Oct Chester Compo, Jason D, GazOC

07-Oct Chicago Gary Dyer

05/10/2012 at 14:00

Good speed at the weekend folks

05/10/2012 at 15:07

AGF: R U still going for Abo??? had to pull out myself. Injury from March still niggling.

05/10/2012 at 16:08

Np-starting some base mileage over the next few weeks as that was lacking pre mara training this year.Next race will be Alloa half in March,then another block of base in prep for an autumn marathon(venue undecided)

Abingdon sounds a good course ,anyone on here ran it before?

05/10/2012 at 16:47

Hi Solent, really sorry to hear that. Thats a long time out and must be hard. I have pulled out too. After the really good training period for me in the summer I picked up a niggle that has sidelined me for 6 weeks. So I am building again now for spring...... ( I see no point in doing abingdon again without a PB shot ) 

YC, it is a nice race. Very flat and friendly feel - although the race is top heavy with faster club runners. Always sells out fast and there a reason. Course is nothing special in terms of scenary - but you do not run it for that !!

05/10/2012 at 17:27

Hi Solent...sorry to hear you're crocked. Hope you shake it soon...

YC - good plan, I think

Hi AGF

---

8.66m easy this afternoon...all ok

05/10/2012 at 18:54

OH - Well done on getting out for a run. 

NP - Glad nothing serious came of your 'accident'

Fiona - Nice running

Tek - Well done

-----------

Gym again for me. Upper body pull exercises this time. I have a bit of an injury to my right quad so I'm a while away from running again, hopefully be clear in the next couple of weeks.

Had a look at running a marathon early next year (despite everything I said on Sunday), and if I can get back to running soon I think I'm going to sign up for Lochaber in April. Although datewise, Blackpool the weekend before is absolutely perfect for me.

05/10/2012 at 19:13
Quite good to look forward to a weekend without any commitment to run (race or training). Brief swim on west side planned for morning and probably kayaking on Sunday.
Probably an end to racing for 2012 although I haven't entirely ruled out fraserburgh half in November. No holiday left for anything else!
Good to see my fellow Nessies are looking towards next one already

Good speed for Chester to JSN GazOC and Compo
Likewise to Gary for Chicago
HM4
05/10/2012 at 19:36

Tek,

Most definitely is.  At least it's not been too rainy.

SR,

Hope that clears up soon for you.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.

05/10/2012 at 19:53

Think i might be overdoing the " take it easy this week " advice

Since last weekend's race i've done just the 3.5M easy on Weds evening.

Quads felt slightly tight then and have since recovered nicely so no problem other than my right achilles. It's not swollen or painful but still feels a little stiff/sore. Was going for a 5M tonight but decided against it and will see how it is in the morning.

I'm bloody gagging to get out ..... 

05/10/2012 at 20:12

NP - sounds like you had a good holiday.

OH - Nice to relax!

SM - Take care.

Solent - Sorry to read you are still injured.

Tek - Good running as usual!

Mace - lol.

I am taking taper to the extreme! had to cut my LSR short @ 5 miles yesterday as felt awful. Woke up this morning with my left cheek swollen and numb, eye streaming, and generally feeling lousy. I broke a tooth a few weeks ago( what I now realised is months ago - July!) and it is now infected. Tooth cleaned up and dressed with that awful tasting/smelling clove stuff, and a 5 day course of pennicillan(sp) that I am sure are large enough to be torpedoes!! Imposed rest for next few days. Better to rest and recover now, I think, since its only 2 weeks until my hols...........

05/10/2012 at 20:41

Cheers guys

NP- when's Dublin?

5m plod for me tonight. Might do a slow 4 in the morning, but might not. Then it's time to jump in the car for the drive across the border. Getting real now

Will, of course, report back on sunday night sometime, but if anyone is bored, you can check my splits at 10k and half distance apparently. Number is 1157.....

05/10/2012 at 22:12

Go Jase !!!

06/10/2012 at 07:27

Good Luck to all racing/running this weekend.

I will look forward to the reports.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.