2012 Marathon thread

5,121 to 5,140 of 6,126 messages
06/10/2012 at 07:43

Kaz - sorry I missed your post last night...nothing scares me more than tooth problems - hope you feel better soon; rest up.

06/10/2012 at 09:05

Kez hope your feeling better soon.

Jason Dublin is at the end of the month (Mon 29th) I will be doing a LSR this Wednesday so I can do it with the girl that I will be running with, she has been very consistent and has been doing 50+ miles a week and Wednesday will be her 5th 20 mile run. It will be nice just to run and enjoy it rather than race, I got my VLM pack and need to book flights but we might also take in a holiday after London so we are looking at a few options at the moment.

Teknik when do you start your taper?

Fiona nice to see your on the ball with your flights are you staying in the same hotel? we got booked in again at the same place I have put all my plans together now which will finish with the world police and fire games in August next year so I hope to do the half marathon in that and the biathlon.

06/10/2012 at 11:33

Good luck to all those racing this weekend.

Weather is glorious today which meeans for my usual Sunday run tomorrow it's bound to be raining!

06/10/2012 at 12:06

jay - LOL

NP - I'm on the P&D 12/70 so this is my last 70m week - next three weeks are 57m, 39m, 11m race week (I'm tapering more than the plan says)

---

9m easy with (a) stride() at the end.  Happy that the club run is now turning into an 'easy' run.

06/10/2012 at 12:58

Good luck to all this weekend's racers

Tek - i've been looking at some of them P&D plans and the last few weeks look brutal, not surprised you're tapering more than they say, i would too !!?

(a) stride()  .... you've lost me with that one, what does it mean ?

06/10/2012 at 13:01

4.5M ( 6M intended) this morning, supposed to have been easy but my HR was up and down like a yoyo.

Felt easy though so maybe a contact problem ... achilles felt fine having iced it last night, right quad seemed to be remembering last weekend a tad at about 4M hence cutting the intended 6M short

06/10/2012 at 13:02

Blimey, just realised .... a whopping 8M for the week as i won't be doing anything tomorrow due to me having to consume too much alcohol for the rest of today

06/10/2012 at 13:38

Good luck jason!

SR sorry to hear the niggle is still there, hope it is on the mend.

AGF hope your recovery is still going well. Good that your run went well Teknik and the lurgy has gone. kaz hope the antibiotics work soon!!

mace good that the achilles and hope the quad is ok.

SM and OH, nice just to enjoy some cross training.

NP I have not booked it yet but will, always a scary number but I should just do it as that is where we will be staying. Where are the World Games being held?

Still considering if I should do P & D for London, might take bits of it and adapt it.

A beautiful morning here, only 7 degrees and an icy wind but blue sky. Did 14m very undulating, av pace 8:09mm. Really enjoyed it.  

F

06/10/2012 at 13:46

First run since Nessie.3 mile plod legs felt ok if a little heavy,heart rate was a wee bit higher than usual for a slow run(10.26avge).

Just glad to get back out on the road again and planning a few easy jogs again for next week,then start on my base training the following week,

Good luck to all the weekend racers.

Jason-your in the best possible shape for a pb ,nows YOUR time fella

HM4
06/10/2012 at 13:47

Kaz,

Ouch, hope the tablets to the trick.

Fiona,

Well done.

----------------

Good luck with everyone's races this weekend.

I'm not sure if I'm out for a run tomorrow given how my shoulder is feeling.  I think we must have had buckets of rain overnight and it felt really cold this morning.  I'm definitely going to be doing a lot of stretches for it this weekend and keeping it as warm as possible.

06/10/2012 at 14:37

mace - sensible decision to cut it short.  I was meant to do some strides (plural) i.e 6 x 100m relaxed sprints, but did a flat out 300m instead, racing some clubmates. Enjoy the week-end

fiona - nice 14m, speedy stuff

YC well done for getting out there

HM - sorry to hear the shoulder is playing up again - have you tried a heat pad on a run?

Gaz - long time no hear - hope you're ok, and good luck to both you and Jason tomorrow.

HM4
06/10/2012 at 14:45

Tek,

When my shoulder gets like this I need heat front & back as the bone I broke was my upper arm right near the shoulder joint.  I've got a wheat bag on it now & this is easing it.

06/10/2012 at 15:23

mace - as far as I am aware strides are meant to be short, fast repeated sections usually within a planned slower run, where you should concentrate on maintaining good form.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/qa-what-are-strides/2193.html

http://www.runquick.com/corcorn/strides.html

Having said that, I'm still unsure if I do them "right"

Tek -sorry didn't notice your reply to mace's question. Doh!

Fiona - nice run. Will get out later myself, just have to paint my son's bedroom door beforehand

Edited: 06/10/2012 at 15:25
06/10/2012 at 18:39
Evening all from sunny Chester. Weather is looking perfect for tomorrow, so no excuses! Off to eat usual pre race jacket potato and beans in a bit, then an early night
06/10/2012 at 20:16

Good luck Jason,smash it lad

06/10/2012 at 22:03
Cheers Tek. I'm fine thanks and have been lurking in this thread. glad Loch Ness went well for people and your training is still going to plan. Taper for you soon eh?
06/10/2012 at 22:30

Well done YC
Sleep well and run well JSN

06/10/2012 at 22:59

Did my hill run this morning

Teknik nice running P&D is a good plan even if you alter it to suit yourself.

Fiona- I saw your hotel during the mens marathon in the olympics, massive crowd on the steps. Nice 14 miles for you today. Details of the games are here: http://www.2013wpfg.com/ I have run the half marathon course before it's very hilly and not a PB course thats for sure.

YC Just go easy for the first couple of weeks back.

Jason all the best for tomorrow mate, bring home that PB, your in great shape looking over your training on Fetch. Looking forward to the race report.

06/10/2012 at 23:49

Good luck tomorrow Jason, and nice running everyone else.

----------

Voluntered at parkrun this morning, it's nice to see others busting a gut while i'm nursing a slight hangover Hillwalking in the afternoon, got 3 more munros out the way, just the 272 more

My sore quad feels much better today, so might even get out for a run next week

HM4
07/10/2012 at 07:56

Stuart,

Well done.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.