2012 Marathon thread

5,201 to 5,220 of 6,126 messages
11/10/2012 at 22:30

AGF - it's all about enjoyment really. It's all downhill when that stops!

Kaz - good to hear you're over the worst of it, 15k is a fair distance for a recovery run! Fingers crossed that your recovery continues and you're back 'on it' in a few days.

Fiona - nice intervals. After a spin session too!!!

I've added a few more t the list, didn't want to push into Dec as it'll get a bit long... I'm guessing it's a "rolling list"

6.5 mile cross country today... a couple of rest days now before Sunday [although I'll probably go out on the mountain bike tomorrow evening!].

Mentioned it a few days ago, but now the entry forms for Exe To Axe 2013 (20 mile BL Fell race) are on the Sidmouth Running Club website (link below should work):

http://www.sidmouthrunningclub.co.uk/races/Exe%20to%20Axe/Entry%20Form%202013.pdf

Some more details here:

http://fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=2260

3,999ft ascent.

Edited: 11/10/2012 at 22:35
12/10/2012 at 17:43

Kaz - hope you're feeling better now - well done on the 15k!  Scary stuff so close to Amsterdam...

F nice intervals...speedy stuff

HM great you've got another race on the list

jayc nice running. Exe to Axe with 3,999ft of climb??? Might pass on that one...

---

Pamper day!!!  Massage, hot yoga, then 6m steady sub75%max (8.42mm). Managed to burst a tyre coming home, so don't know if I'll risk going up to Harwich for the 10k without a spare...

HM4
12/10/2012 at 18:37

Tek,

Thanks.  This will be the last race of the year for me.  Not too sure on your description of pamper day though!

Jay,

Well done.

12/10/2012 at 19:35
Hello everyone hope you are all well. Sorry ive not been around lately, been really really busy then couldnt remember my password when i changed to the iphone5! (I always stayed logged on, on my other phone)

With only a couple of days to go till my marathon im finding injuries i havent actually got and im sooo nervous! x
12/10/2012 at 19:47

Hi Kez!!  It's normal, don't worry...plenty of sleep and plenty of fluids, remember...

12/10/2012 at 20:26

Kez - it's taper madness - stay strong. Take it as easy as possible till the big day. What marathon you running?

12/10/2012 at 20:31
Kez- totally normal.
Rest day here today before Sunday!s LR Then it!s taper time again
Edited: 12/10/2012 at 20:31
12/10/2012 at 20:32

JayC and Tek - thanx. I must admit I was/am pretty worried about it being so close with 'it' being so close now........Still feeling pretty wiped out by night, but I suppose thats part of the recovery. Bad things is I just want to eat sweeties and more sweeties........Anyway been out and did another 4 Hilly miles in strong wind this afternoon followed by a 3 mile brisk walk with my dog. Run felt ok and pace was quite good considering conditions. Trying to stay positive.

Tek - Whens frankfurt.......I know I did read the list but short term memory must be part of being ill!!!

12/10/2012 at 20:35

If I was to use manual lap during the marathon instead of  auto lap, what do I do if I miss a marker???

12/10/2012 at 21:17

I went for my first post marathon run today and I am definately not recovered....going to take the weekend off and try again next week.

12/10/2012 at 21:39

kaz - Frankfurt is a week after your Amsterdam - 28th...why are you turning off autolap???

12/10/2012 at 21:44

Tek - Not sure about it.......... someone told me to turn off auto lap and manual lap at every km so that its more accurate??

12/10/2012 at 21:55

kaz - bugger that - one more thing to worry about, on top of that old Km to Mile conversion when running abroad...

12/10/2012 at 21:58

Tek - That was kindo my opinion too.........Think I will just stick with what I know!!!

12/10/2012 at 22:19

Done 3 short runs since my marathon - kinda slow and wooden legged. Hoping it's just post marathon lethargy

12/10/2012 at 23:07

kaz I turned autolap off for one London and made a complete dog's breakfast of it. When you forget to press lap you then press twice at the next one or as soon as you remember but now I stick to autolap but also keep an eye on cumulative time against target.

4 miles easy today on the treadmill...far too much water around.  

F

13/10/2012 at 08:38

RMK - Good luck! Stop worrying, you'll be fine!

Kaz - That sounds like a really, really bad idea to me... Unless you are absolutely certain the mile(km) markers are in the right place. 2 of my 3 races this year have seen mile markers out of position, infact in Alloa I swear down the last marker was almost 500!!!! metres out of place.

Good running everyone else

-------------

Parkrun for me this morning But I'm only helping out, still not running Hillwalking this afternoon, which might be a bad idea. My back isn't sore now, but it just doesn't feel right. Maybe try a short run tomorrow or Monday...

HM4
13/10/2012 at 13:11

Stuart,

Good luck.

Fiona,

Don't blame you.

-------------

Went out taking some photos for a calendar I'm going to give my parents next year and spent about 3 hrs walking around including up & down Butser Hill (will link to the photos later).  So hopefully that will have loosened me up for a run tomorrow.  It's been nearly 2 weeks since my last run!

13/10/2012 at 13:16

Blustery day here in Orkney but the heavy rain hasn't come. Quite enjoyed my 12 miles out in it.

Really popped in to wish Kaz a good run next weekend in case she is off soon.

Need to find something else to enter myself soon.

13/10/2012 at 13:46
Hi elspeth - I saw you out on it today, I was having a motorbike lesson!! And Thanx, right now things are a bit 'iffy' after the infection but hopefully by another week things will be 'ok'.

SM- I now totally agree, really bad idea and enough other to think about!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.