OH well done for getting out

F nice treddie session

Stuart hope the hill walk goes ok

HM well done on Butser Hill...good luck for the run tomorrow

Elspeth nice windy 12 miler

Kaz hope you're feeling a little better

Kez GOOD LUCK tomorrow

---

Ran my first 10k at Harwich today. PB!  44.04 - really happy - that was my 5k pace a few months ago.  Splits 7:00 7:23 7:25 7:19 7:09 6:57 (6.00 eq).  Long run of 17m tomorrow will be slow, methinks...

13/10/2012 at 14:34
Thanks everyone, im never normally like this before a race

15west - im doin Liverpool, well done on your post marathon run.

Kaz - have you thought of a pace band as a back up?
HM4
13/10/2012 at 14:37

Tek,

Thanks & well done to you.

13/10/2012 at 15:40
Kez - ran Liverpool last year. Great race, enjoy the tunnel!
13/10/2012 at 15:48
Thankfully i know what to expect as i done the tunnel 10k before, well I say thankfully lol! x
13/10/2012 at 19:10

The tunnel was the highlight for me - loved it. That was my first marathon....hopefully they've got the roads sorted this year as there was an hour delay last time. Looks like you've got good weather...good luck. What time you aiming for?

13/10/2012 at 20:04
Hi, I have a quick question but did not know who to ask...can you take carb and protein supplements on a plane in your luggage??
13/10/2012 at 20:09
15 west - i would love a sub 5, ive been injury prone after starting back in Feb after having my daughter so just to finish will be a massive achievement for me x
13/10/2012 at 20:20

Tek- that's a fantastic improvement- well done, matey!

Kez- pre-race nerves are a GOOD sign- you'll probably run a blinder

Evening all

Managed 6.4m this evening and legs feeling better, although right hamstring is still stiff. Nice bit of internal bleeding at the bottom of right hamstring too- no doubt associated with my yelp of pain on the final "sprint" last weekend Last long run for me tomorrow, then it's taper 2 time!

13/10/2012 at 20:34
Teknik. Congrats on a brill PB... Your hard work and dedication is going to be rewarded. Your are fitter now than my 3:34.. Go smash it
HM4
13/10/2012 at 20:39

Jason,

Well done.  Hope the hamstring settles down.

13/10/2012 at 20:53

Kez -dont worry you will be fine.

Tek-another beaut of a run fella,trainings certainly working for you,well done on the pb .

Few easy jogs for me this week after a full weeks rest post mara,even persuaded mrs Yc to come with me on the first one and although she has never run continuous before,she has a decent fitness level fron her gym/classes.Pleased too say that she managed 2 miles without stopping,twas all done at easy pace (for me) ,afterwards she said"and you do that for fun" lol.

She kept on at me to tell her the pace we  were running ,although i waited till we got home and told her(10.36 avg).Then she said "would that make me come last at Falkirk parkrun?".Had too smile at that as i feel she may just like this old running lark more than she is letting on.I am so proud of the effort she put into it and i would like to encourage her along the way but only if she enjoys it cos at the end of the day youve gotta enjoy what your doing when running.

13/10/2012 at 21:05

Tek - Well done, that's a great time!

RMK - Is this your first marathon?

-------

Hillwalking was ridiculous this afternoon, the last 1000 or so feet was massively exposed to the wind. I'd be surprised if the wind speed wasn't over 50mph. Also the fact that we were inside the clouds for much of it reduced visibilty to tens of metres at best in place.

It took us 4h30 to cover 7 miles with 3850ft of ascent (albeit mostly on grass),which makes me makes question jayc's sanity if he's planning to enter a race with 4000ft of ascent!

I'm going to run tomorrow. Or try anyway

13/10/2012 at 21:33

Kez - just start with a sensible pace and stick to it...make sure you take on water and whatever carbs you are taking with you or will be provided with....and be prepared for the mental battles....and enjoy. Use the crowd.

13/10/2012 at 21:55

RMK all the best for you tomorrow. Echoing what others have said pre race nerves and worries about injury are normal. I used to make fun out of runners before I started running myself only to be as bad as any before my first marathon! The only reason I didn't before my first half was that a family crisis eclipsed pre race worries.
Go and enjoy and don't set off too fast.

Tek Well done! Is it taper now before the big one?

SM6 envious! Miss the hills here.

Edited: 13/10/2012 at 21:55
HM4
14/10/2012 at 08:10

Stuart,

Well done.

14/10/2012 at 11:51

jason hope that hammy fixes itself quickly...ouch

thanks AGF !

YC well done for getting out, and for encouraging Mrs YC. Happy running

Stuart wow...really impressive "hill" walk. Hope you're ok to run today.

OH - yup, taper now for 2 weeks. I was "tapering" this week, apparently, (according to the P&D plan) but I don't count 57m (down from 71m) as much of a taper

HM thanks - hope the run went ok today

15West - enjoy the week-end's rest

---

LAST long run today - 17m - hard after yesterday's race, but kept it controlled (sub75%max) then pushed the last mile.

HM4
14/10/2012 at 12:26

Tek,

Well done.  My 3 miles was cut short to 2.45.  Unfortunately I woke up with tired achey legs from yesterday.

14/10/2012 at 13:28

Tek - Nice run

HM - Well done

-------

3.1 miles for me, unlike last Sunday I actually managed to run my planned loop! Legs felt very very heavy, I feel unfit and my back still isn't right. But it's an improvement!

Had my HRM on for the 1st time while I was out, readings seemed quite a bit off though...

14/10/2012 at 14:16
Hope to hear race reports from today. An lovely day today. Crisp and misty this morning.
33 miles for the week and now starting to get back to fitness. Gym and swim this morning
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.