23/10/2012 at 17:52

jayc - really impressive hill run

jason nice recovery, sounds like you're in shape for the week-end

mace be careful mate...as AGF says

AGF good bumbling

HM glad you're feeling better

Kaz hope you're home safe and sound

----

Got out for the first time in a couple of days. 3m recovery, went off a bit too fast. All the twinges were phantoms...

23/10/2012 at 18:09
Tek- homeward bound, only another 5 hours on the boat!! Can't get the sick face on my phone!!!

Junior got contact lenses fitted in Aberdeen today, so she is one very happy young lady- no more wearing glasses for her various sporting activities! But it also means a day trip to Aberdeen in a months time for her check up and another awful return boat journey!!
HM4
23/10/2012 at 19:20

Kaz,

Hope you feel better soon.

Jay,

Well done.

Tek,

Well done.

----------

No running from me for the next week or so.  I usually take a complete break at some point for a week or 2 so now appears as good a time as any and then will start back from the beginning.  I would have needed to do that anyway with how the past month had gone.

23/10/2012 at 20:01

Jay- well cdone

Kaz- GWS

Tek- ignore the Taper Twinges

8.01m of confidence restoring running this evening. Easy pace run in the dark with a couple of miles at pMP (not Snod mp!) thrown in and it felt oh so smoooooth 8.01 m in 55.21. Splits: 7:53 7:40 7:02 6:54 6:53 6:09 6:11 6:35 3

23/10/2012 at 20:13

NP-????? Best of luck for Sunday! Anyone else racing this weekend?

23/10/2012 at 20:28

5.7 miles @ 9.45 for me tonight. Easy

23/10/2012 at 21:00

AGF, Tek - cheers, i appreciate what you're saying

Tek - nice recovery, glad you're twinges were phantom  i think i'm getting butterflies for you . How are you finding the taper ??

jason, Stuart - niiiiice

HM4 - enjoy, how often do you take that sort of time out ?

kaz - 5 hours !! i'm feeling that

Nervous of recent niggles i decided on a flatish 1.3M lap of the block tonight with the intention of baling out at the first sign of trouble. Happy to say all suspect body parts got through 5 laps without complaint and i treated them to some ice after

23/10/2012 at 21:15

Race List

27-Oct Snowdon Jason D

28-Oct Frankfurt Tek, JennyE

29-Oct Dublin No Pain, Ian Boyd

04-Nov New York  Mon

04-Nov Rutland: JEvaNs

04-Nov Bog & Bryn Challenge 20k  Jayc

20-Nov Sleepwalker (Night Race)  Jayc

---

Kaz take care

HM enjoy the rest

jason wow nice splits again

Stuart - I'm guessing that's 5k +3....on the flat?

mace - well done. Taper was driving me nuts but I'm happier now I got out after 2 days of nothing. Rest tomorrow, 6m Thursday, then that's it...

23/10/2012 at 21:21

Tek, Jenny and Ian - best of luck! So there are 3 marathon races on consecutive days? Must be some kind of record 

23/10/2012 at 23:30

Tek - good to hear all the twinges weren't anything to worry about. The older I get the more "twinges" I feel. My knees are forever clicking, especially first thing

Stuart - 1.3 x 5. Good going.

Jason - nice run. So what is the MP for Snowdon? I'd probably put you in the 7:30ish avg range, given the 2500ft+ ascent? (I've not looked at previous results so I could be wrong either way!!)

HM4 - a break is a good thing more often than not. I've really enjoyed my few easy weeks, it's reinvigorated me in some ways. Take it easy and come back strong!!

Good luck to all doing marathons shortly... look forward to the reports

I've been putting together a shortlist of marathons for next year. I think (pass pending) I'll try and fit in 2 or 3. Currently favouring North Dorset Village Marathon (May 5th), Edinburgh (May 26th) and New Forest (Sep 22nd). Although I'd like to do Clarendon and Snowdonia...

I'm off for an MTB weekend on Dartmoor (there is a group of us who arrange one or two 'weekends away' over the year). My shout this year, so two tough rides with plenty of technical descents and lots of climbing:

Sat - North Bovey. 25 miles 4750ft ascent

Sun - Okehampton & Lydford. 24 miles 3100ft ascent

My legs will be aching next week. All good fun though!

No running today. A nice MTB night ride over the local mountain, picking some decidedly dodgy descents given the damp conditions. Only 10 miles but fitted in 1500ft ascent. Trig point on Machen was spectacular, rolling mist meant the top of the mountain was visible but anything off the 'edge' was grey blankness

HM4
24/10/2012 at 17:49

Mace,

Usually after my last race of the year.

Jay,

That's the plan hopefully.  Hope you enjoy your weekend away.

Tek,

Thanks.

24/10/2012 at 17:58
Jay - not a course for even splits, that's for sure! I'll be running on effort rather than pace, but turned out at 7.24 av last year, after my 2.56 in Chester 3 weeks earlier. hoping for quicker this year, given my Chester time was 7 mins quicker.
6.52 av would be nice
24/10/2012 at 19:22

Tek - Good Luck for Sunday. Enjoy.

Good Luck to anyone else racing this weekend too, I seem to have gotten a bit confused with everything

I have been to the docs today for a check-up, and it looks like I am going to have to take a break for a while until things are sorted out Hopefully be back to it in the New Year......

Probably still lurk thou!!

24/10/2012 at 19:35

Good to everyone racing this weekend. Esp. Tek, I've been lurking in this thread and from the running you've been doing I reckon you're an absolute cert to crack 4 hours. Probably by quite some margin if you wanted to.

24/10/2012 at 21:09

jayc enjoy the biking!

jason good luck to you, too

Kaz hope you're feeling better soon. Good to get home...

Gaz thanks.  I'm feeling pretty confident this time...(but I think I said that in May...). Just checked my stats for the Kent RoadRunner mara - I'm now 30 bpm lower for the pace I set out on that one.

NP hope you're ok for Monday's jogaround Dublin

25/10/2012 at 10:30

Good running folks

Kaz - Hope you're better soon!

----

7.4 miles @ 10.03 this morning. Bit more hills in this run than Tuesdays, hence it being slower. Still ran too fast though.

25/10/2012 at 11:06

Go JSN Go!

25/10/2012 at 12:03

Stuart well done...I hope it's of some comfort that I was jogging much more slowly than that at the start. It's ok to put in a few strides (eg 5 x 100m) if you're bored...

10k at 75%max this morning. A few spikes uphill meant I was going too fast, but basically ok at 8.29mm.

25/10/2012 at 16:49
I hope that's it now Tek... Long sleeps and plenty of food good luck and enjoy the race. It's enjoyable when you are at 20 miles and know you will pb no matter what

A run along the canal today. A kingfisher seemed to fly next to me for about 300 metres. Lovely for such an elusive good looking bird... . Made a dull looking day very bright ...
25/10/2012 at 20:17
AGF- sounds great
No running today, but all packed and ready to travel north tomorrow afternoon
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.