HM4
25/10/2012 at 20:20

Tek & Stuart,

Well done.

25/10/2012 at 20:26
Good luck Jason...
26/10/2012 at 09:07

AGF - fantastic, what a wonderful thing to happen

Good luck to all runners this weekend and COME ON TEK !!!!!!! 

Little update on my recent achilles problem.

Although it hasn't been painful it's been feeling tight and was really starting to bug me. When i ran it felt as if something was rubbing the bottom of my calf, really strange. Yesterday evening i was icing it and felt further down at the top of my heel and there was some tenderness there , not immediately obvious but on pressing around i found it .... i put my shoe on and it then clicked that my shoe has been ever so slightly rubbing on that spot but the rubbing sensation was felt further up.

It turns out that the shoes are half a size smaller than my usual size - my fault, somehow i ordered wrong and didn't notice , i think i may have got confused with US size.

This morning i got my old shoes out of the cupboard and ran in those .... hey presto, no rubbing sensation and no problems.

Valuable lesson learned.

26/10/2012 at 09:55

Great news mace - glad you got to the root of it, and thanks

HM thanks, hope you're enjoying the rest

AGF thanks...just a little 1.5m jog after the massage this morning. No yoga in case I pull something. Now off to pack...am looking forward to a new experience in the last 10k

GO Jason!

Hope everyone is ok

26/10/2012 at 10:41

AGF - sounds like a pleasant sign during your run

Jason - Good luck!

Mace - Glad to hear it's nothing serious! Shame about the trainers however!

Tek - Good luck!! Not that you're going to need it

------

6.50 miles @9.30m/m (77% MHR) for me this morning. A good 10-15 seconds faster than planned, but it was soooo cold. Shorts and a thin long sleeved top (no gloves or hat) isn't the best clothing option when the temp is only just hovering above 0

On another note, has anyone ran either the Lochaber or Manchester marathon? Trying to decide what to do in April...

26/10/2012 at 11:08

SM6 Not done Lochaber myself, but my wife and a lot of the other local runners have.
It's a flat, fast, there-and-back course with nice scenery. Not huge numbers and fairly informal.

26/10/2012 at 11:41

Stuart - cold, wet and windy here ... 6.5M @ 9.11 @ 69%max so similar to you

Tek - fingers x'd for the last 10k, hopefully you'll be on a big pb and like Ovett waving to the crowds

26/10/2012 at 13:23

Good luck all racing this weekend!

Great news on the achilles mace, I need different sizes dependant on which brand I order and it all gets very confusing once the size has rubbed off the old pair.

Cold here too Stuart but I'm now into gloves, hat, long sleeves etc etc. Makes me cold just thinking about going out in shorts!

Got out for 8 miles on Tuesday then a couple of treadmill runs the last 2 nights - 5 on Wednesday and 6 last night with the middle 4 at 14k/hr. Decided not to do the 10k on Sunday as you had to enter in advance and still feel a bit of the cold but there is a hilly short trail race that I could enter on the day...

F

26/10/2012 at 13:59

Mace, Great to hear that the leg is sorted and you found the issue. Schoolboy error there

Tek - you are ready enjoy.   I have taken a leaf out of your book and planned a german marathon next year. Berlin !Registered, Booked flights and hotel already. Committed. Just need to make the start line now. Aiming for a PB - dream goal = GFA. ...we will see - I have a year.

Nice Running Stuart. I love this fresh weather !!

Go for it Fiona- Nice to hear your coming out the other side.

Good luck for Sunday Jason.

I am nowhere near as fit as I was before I had my niggling injury a few months back. Am roughly 100 beats higher per mile and noticably slower on my 140BPM aerobic runs. So today thought I should draw a line in the sand. Did a SLT run of 10 miles.   10 miles @ 82%Max = 8:10 per mile with no HR drift.  Lets hope the Winter mileage sees an improvement in that over the coming months !!

Edited: 26/10/2012 at 14:28
26/10/2012 at 14:56

Wow great stuff AGF!  3.2X Brighton then 3.14 Berlin? I think for a GFA I'll need to either wait 13 years or get a sex-change

26/10/2012 at 15:12
Aim for the stars Tek....
26/10/2012 at 16:31

OH - Lochaber was my original plan, but considering Manchester as its a couple of weeks later, and I'm pretty sure extreme weather is gonna derail training at least for a few weeks over winter. And LSRs on a treadmill are simply not happening.

Both courses look fast, but uninspiring routes. I don't like out and back runs, I don't do them in training, so I don't really want to race them!

Mace - Nice running. I'm not sure if I asked before, but are you planning to run a full marathon next year?

Fiona - A few good runs in there! Don't think I'll be ditching the shorts, but I might have to go down the gloves/hat/jacket route imminently. Hopefully its absolutely freezing for parkrun tomorrow though

AGF - Nice run, and good to hear you already know what you'll be racing next year.  I should get round to doing the same.

26/10/2012 at 17:40

SM6 Had planned to do Lochaber 2012 myself for 1st marathon but yes, training got derailed and on to Plan B.
Brass monkeys running around here today with bitterly cold north wind.

Tek LOL All the best for Frankfurt
JSN All the best for Snowdon
NP All the best for Dublin

26/10/2012 at 17:43

oops, nearly forgot

#6893 if you're bored on Sunday

26/10/2012 at 19:18
Stuart - yes, Brighton

Tek- can you get online updates ? If so where do I get it ?
26/10/2012 at 19:32
Anyone use a foam roller ?

If so, any recommendations ?
26/10/2012 at 19:43

mace - should be on here somewhere tomorrow (my start is 0910 uk time)

http://www.bmw-frankfurt-marathon.com/en/home.html

26/10/2012 at 20:28

Good luck all  racers this weekend.

Tek -its your time fella,take your chance on Sunday and smash it,solid consistent training these last few months has put you in a great position fitness wise right now.Good luck

HM4
26/10/2012 at 21:44

Tek,

Too right I am!

---------

Well done on everyone's training & good luck for the weekend's races.

27/10/2012 at 09:10
Go JSN Go
(hopefully not through the snow!)
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.