2012 Marathon thread

5,601 to 5,620 of 6,126 messages
16/11/2012 at 18:14
Just read your blogs Gobi nice 14th place in the half marathon even with little or no running its still in there, I hope the ankle keeps improving never say never.
4 miles easy for me today 10k race tomorrow.
16/11/2012 at 18:23

Fiona nice 5m. My knee is still aching but I think gentle jogging is loosening it up.

NP good call on the roller - but 15 mins each side is a looong time.  Good luck tomorrow on the 10k

AGF nice 6m

HM hope the antibiotics work quickly

Gobi hi. Sorry to hear the ankle's still not right

Stuart hope yours is feeling better today

OH well done on the 6.25m. Hope everything's ok...

jason hi!

---

Short 4.5m recovery at 70%max, and 1.5 hours of hot yoga today.

16/11/2012 at 19:27
No running here today- pouring and CBA. Think I'm going to take it easy for a bit.....but maybe I'll do tomorrow's hilly 10 m race first.....
HM4
16/11/2012 at 20:00

Jason,

Sounds like a perfect excuse for a cba day.

---------

Thanks guys.

17/11/2012 at 14:40

Hope the 10k went well NP - technically that should be a PB if you've never done a 10k in plaster before!

Hope the knee is still behaving Teknik.

I've had a bit of CBA this week too jason so just taking it easy - good luck with the 10m!

Had a strength & conditioning induction at the gym last night. A seperate room with lots of weights, not for body building but athletes of all disciplines use it for s & c. Started off squatting with 30kg, should be 50kg to get to (almost) my body weight but will build to that. Also deadlifts and other things I cannot recall.  It's all so much more complicated that putting one foot in front of the other but the theory is it'll injury proof me by strengthening the big muscle groups and make me faster.

14 miles this morning mostly in the woods. Muddy, ice on the puddles and a really cold wind but a beautiful day.

Hope the drugs are working HM4!

F

17/11/2012 at 16:00
Sounds like your on the right road Fiona...

A 10 min 1/2M pb today on a hilly muddy cross country course. Legs were zapped on the main hill... But pleased the fitness is coming back. 1:37:59. Nice to update a yr old pb.

Ran without watch too as I forgot it ... Doh !!
17/11/2012 at 17:17

Fantastic AGF! What a great time, in the mud and hills too !

F thanks - knee a little better today...nice 14 miler

---

Finally dragged myself out today in the dark...5.6m easy

17/11/2012 at 17:41

AGF - Great running. Fantastic new PB

Fiona - Nice training

Tek - Well done

----------

7.5 miles inc 20.55 parkrun for me today. Only my 2nd run of the week, and probably my last!

Hillwalking tomorrow, early start and our proposed route has, as near as makes no difference, a mile of ascent... So likely won't run tomorrow. 

17/11/2012 at 18:06
Tks Chaps. Am doing Silverstein half in march and would be good to PB again after winter training

Nice easy run Tek... Pleased knee a little better..

Another sub 21 Stuart.... You are knocking them out with ease now
17/11/2012 at 19:02
Fiona sounds like a great weights session well done on the 14 mile run it was bloody cold here.
AGF fantastic result on the half marathon PB that a great result sub 1:30 on a road next
SM6 nice park run.
Teknik nice run nice to hear the knee is on the mend.

Well I think I left a bit to much in the interval session last Monday as the 10k didn't go any where near to plan, I forgot my Garmin so ran on feel, I went off a little too hard I knew that when a rival informally run close with passed me after after 2.5 miles and I was running through treacle. Very cold with a strong head wind for a good part of the run didn't help came home in 39:22 nearly two minutes off what I thought was on... But a PB for running with the arm in plaster.
17/11/2012 at 19:05
Fiona- I'm exhausted reading your post! Lol! Well done!
AGF- WOW!! That's a helluva PB, mister! Well done!
Tek- glad the knee's getting better Nice running!
Stuart- well done on the Parkrun

Elan Valley 10 done and dusted here! I'd forgotten how hilly it was- lol! But around 1 min and several positions better than last year, finishing in 65.45 and 2nd M40 ( although no 2nd prize, despite 140 runners....)
Just found out about a local 15k tomorrow..... Hmmm....
HM4
17/11/2012 at 19:17

Well done guys

17/11/2012 at 19:32
Jason great running.
17/11/2012 at 21:29

That's good going AGF
You too Jason

Planned slack day today (and on call)

18/11/2012 at 12:47

12.61 Miles this morning all nice and easy this is the pre base building Stage for VLM .

18/11/2012 at 13:11

Stuart another good parkrun - well done. Enjoy the hills!

NP - I'd blame the extra weight for the 10k  Well done on the easy run today

Jason great running at Elan Valley

OH hope you enjoyed the easy day

---

Terrible run this morning. Knee hurt, HR elevated (although I could blame the two bottle evening on Saturday). 12.68 miles, now back on the roller.

18/11/2012 at 15:59
NP- nice running
Tek- take a break and get the knee properly sorted, mate....
Hope recovery is swift, Mr Rex
Bill McFarlane memorial 15k for me today, raising funds for the RNLI. Only a small field and despite yesterday's Elan Valley 10m in my legs managed to win fairly comfortably. First prize was ??100!! But seeing it was for charity and the size of the field, I just kept petrol and entry money and donated ??80 back.
A good run and one that is worthy of more support, so I said that I'd do my bit to raise the profile. this was the third running and it will be back same time next year. Entry is a donation to the RNLI. Race is long however- everyone clocked it at at least 9.5m. I ran 1.00.03 ( D'oh!)
18/11/2012 at 17:19

Jason - Great running, Well done Nice touch donating the majority of the prize money too

NP and Tek - Nice runs!

------

Woke up stupidly early, so got a wee 3 mile run in at 7am. Pretty slippy outside.

Hillwalking later on, our original plan fell apart when we saw the extent of the snow on our proposed climb. A good 15 inches, possibly more, in places. So just climbed one of the 2 planned and came home. Just over 3000ft ascent in there I think.

18/11/2012 at 18:57

Fantastic PB AGF!!

Careful with that knee Teknik, might be worth a bit of rest. What Gobi said is so true, a bit of rest can keep you running in the long term.

Stuart the snow here is getting a bit too low on the hills! A biting wind chill too. Where were you walking?

NP amazing to get sub 40 in plaster - wish I could do that now!!

Well done on the win jason and very generous donation.

Did my weights session this morning (had the room to myself as Scottish Institute of Sport do not use it at weekends ) then gym work for 30 minutes followed by a 4 mile run. A nice easy day washing the car (brrr), baking and setting mouse traps.

F

18/11/2012 at 20:27

Blimey, cracking 10 min pb AGF

jason - thought you was taking it easy  great running and a nice touch with the winnings, fair play.

Tek - time to nail that knee for good. If it's spoiling your runs something has to give  good luck with it mate

My plan was to build base for the rest of the year and i've averaged 50M per week the last month so happy with that. But a 10M race on 2nd December is tempting me more and more as it gets closer so i think i'm going to go for it .... i'm very tempted to set a fairly ambitious target and ignore HR as well to push myself.

17M this morning for a 51M week.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.