2012 Marathon thread

5,661 to 5,680 of 6,126 messages
24/11/2012 at 15:32
Nice Tek!
OH- you've definitely got the best of the weather again. Not very nice at all in We(s)t Wales....
24/11/2012 at 15:40

OH - brrr,I take it that was an open water swim? The ground is white here where the sun has not reached it.

Nice pressie Teknik!

AGF a long run, hope the fish & chips were good!

NP I'm sure you'll feel better after the run.

14m for me, a few miles of it were really muddy (cattle had been there) and my poor Kayanos did not do well and look a bit green!  Then a few miles on a narrow path that bikes had churned up. Suppose it's all good training for something!

Shame about the rain there jason, hope it clears up.

F

24/11/2012 at 17:01
You Scottish lasses are made of stern stuff Fiona. Good tough running. I went out early to avoid this rain that is hitting England. Got back 3mins before it started...... What a southern softie !!!
24/11/2012 at 17:25

I'm the biggest softie out AGF but needs must etc  Had 2 pairs of gloves on!

Nice timing on the rain.

F

24/11/2012 at 18:15

Good running guys!

----

Bit of a packed day for me today. Didn't do parkrun, went hillwalking instead early this morning. Climbed Meall nan Tarmachan which is 1043m, albeit the start of the walk is at 400 or so metres. Now, I'm not very tall, but the snow was well beyond my knees in places! Walking was very difficult for most of it, but it was great fun Just under 3 and a half hours up and down.

And then just in from the gym, 3.1 miles on the treadmill and then some quick weights. Watched the F1 qualifying while running, otherwise I'd have got bored in a few minutes.

Fast run of some sort tomorrow, providing I'm not too hungover in the morning.

24/11/2012 at 19:12

Stuart- busy day

Fiona- nice running in the mud

6.52m recovery for me this evening through the wind and rain

25/11/2012 at 09:08
Great run yesterday up my hill first couple of miles where a bit tight with the sore head but very cold.
Teknik great cuff links wait till you get the Sub 3 pair
AGF well done on your run nice for a southern softie lol
Jason looks like we are getting the best of the weather over here in NI it makes a change.
SM6 well done on the hill climb and gym session
Out now for 12 miles on the trails.
HM4
25/11/2012 at 09:12

Tek,

The plan was/is to do 1k, howevr yesterday it chucked it down. The wind even woke me up during the night & usually the only things which wake me up are the cat jumping onto/off the bed and the alarm clock.  This morning looks better however Chris was to go Xmas present shopping and I'm not going to argue on that point, particularly as I get to drive his new car back from Portsmouth (a MGF Trophy 160).  Like the pressie from the club.

OH,

I don't think the run is going to happen, however I'm not working on Tuesday so fingers crossed.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.

25/11/2012 at 11:22

Fiona nice 14 miler. Two sets of gloves?!

AGF good planning

Stuart great hill walk in the snow!  Hope the head's ok to run

Jason good recovery run

NP - well done on the hill and hope the 12m trail run goes ok

HM I thought the weather was going to hit you hard. Enjoy the new car!

---

11.17m run today - very windy, tripped over on a broken branch - had to cut it short as my knee hurts again...frustrating.

25/11/2012 at 11:23

NP - I think that will be on Xmas 2013 wish list!

25/11/2012 at 14:47
Tek- look after that knee!
NP- good run. Make the most of the weather!
Uneventful 12.03m with 200m ascent in 1.24.54 for me this morning, although my legs could still feel yesterday's 5k. Splits: 7:28 7:22 7:26 7:26 7:28 7:22 6:45 6:40 6:45 6:44 6:40 6:36 11
Weather turning nasty here again now....
25/11/2012 at 17:10
Teknik hope Santa brings what you want
Fiona only 2 pairs of gloves
Jason nice running
HM4 nice car, I got myself a midlife car a 3.2 V6 crossfire just wish I was as fast.
We got a bit lost and ended up running just over 14 miles after the fog lifted it was a very sunny day here.
25/11/2012 at 17:15

Teknik/Jason/No Pain.... some good runs there...Nice One !!

Today we bought a 15 Month old part trained gun dog. ( Labrador bitch).....I now have a new running companion !!  We go back to pick her up on Weds Evening !!  

HM4
25/11/2012 at 18:41

Tek & NP,

The car was nice to drive however I'll stick to my own a MG Zt.

Tek,

There was absolutely no chance of a run when we got back as it was starting to chuck it down.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.

25/11/2012 at 18:53

I couldn't afford the Porsche (or the blonde) ... so I took up running and outdoor swimming (and kept the ford focus)!

Jason - Uneventful? - if I achieved that, it would be front page news!
but as you say, uneventful fotr Jason_d

Stuart - I'm envious! one of the big disadvantages of Orkney is its distance from the hills

HM4 maybe a swim instead?

No run for me today but got out in the kayak for a quick round of Cava (~6nm). Very overcast but no wind to speak of.

25/11/2012 at 19:56

Sounds like a good day yesterday Stuart.

A speedy hilly run jason, hope the rain clears up soon for you and HM4.

A good weekend of running NP, no fog here but just rain and gloom.

Teknik did the knee hurt because of the trip or just the run in general?

AGF sounds like fun with the new run partner.  You'll have to post a photo.

Cava normally in a glass for me OH!  

Only a 3 mile revovery run today as a bit achey, makes another 40 for the week. Think the combination of weights on Friday night and off road running on Saturday was a bit much! I'll probably get back to doing the weights on Sunday.

F

25/11/2012 at 20:51

Jason/NP - Good running guys

Tek - Nice run, hope your ok from your fall

OH - Kayaking sounds a bit better than swimming! Still wouldn't fancy it in Scotland, in winter...

Fiona - Good training for the week

-----------

Just done 6.5 miles with 2x1mile intervals (6.41,6.34), meant to be 3 but that would have been pushing it with a mild hangover. Also got a quick gym session in earlier in the afternoon, so despite the hangover, not a bad days training.

Only 19.5 miles for the week, hoping to get a 12-14 miler in tomorrow afternoon then probably won't run til Thursday pm as I'm 13 hours for the next 3 days.

26/11/2012 at 08:25

jason nice splits!

NP well done on the 14 miler

AGF enjoy the dog

HM hope you/we get better weather this week

OH well done on the kayaking

Stuart nice day's training

Fiona well done on the week's work.  The fall didn't help but the knee was hurting before that...

---

...so I think I'd better call it a day for this month and rest up again

26/11/2012 at 11:33

Tek, Sorry I missed the fall. I hope you are OK and repair well !!!   You said "enjoy the dog" ....its nota chinese you know

I used to have a mid-life crisis Convertable BMW - but now gone for comfy middle age 4x4 Volvo 

Enjoy todays onger run Stuart ....the reduced week may well help you in the long run !!

Well done on another 40 miles Fiona !!

26/11/2012 at 17:20

12.08 miles @ 9.17 for me today. Couple of rest days up next for me I think

Looks like running is going to get knocked on the head for a bit in the not too distance future. Looks like it's about to get very cold here.

Edited: 26/11/2012 at 18:18
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.