2012 Marathon thread

5,721 to 5,740 of 6,126 messages
01/12/2012 at 11:28

Hello gang

5 days off, knee felt better, so I did a 9 miler this morning. Knee hurts again, although I think it's just sore from the fall, rather than anything else...

Love the dog, AGF

01/12/2012 at 11:48

Thanks Teknik, Look after yourself and your knee...

01/12/2012 at 12:30

Tek - Hope the knee is ok

AGF - Well done on your dogs win

---------

Mixed morning for me, 7.5 miles w/20.44 parkrun(1s PB), however I slipped and fell on the way home. Was a bit icy for my liking outside. Comfortably expect to beat that time in less frosty conditions.

01/12/2012 at 12:44
Well done on the PB Stuart... More to come too
01/12/2012 at 13:46
7.7 muddy icy miles today
Look after your knee Tek
Nice PB Stuart
01/12/2012 at 17:59

Hope the XC went well jason.

Stuart the bar was across my back and I think that I was sort of pushing my shoulders back and resting the bar on them which I shouldn't have done. Did not realise it at the time!  I think it's meant to be against my back? I'll be at the gym tomorrow so will check. Well done on the PB!

Great PB Lulu!!

Hope the knee is ok tomorrow Teknik.

13 miles for me today, really cold and icy in places.

I hope you're out of plaster by Xmas NP.

F

HM4
01/12/2012 at 18:23

Well done guys.

Hopefully I'll be getting out for some kind of a run tomorrow depending on the weather - you guys know what I'm like when it comes to icy weather, particularly after breaking a bone.  I'm planning dusting of my minimalist running shoes off so hopefully by the spring I'll be up to 3-4 miles.

01/12/2012 at 19:35

Stuart- well done on the PB. Hope you're ok after the fall

Full of cold here, not much sleep as a result and xc was hard work today- sweating buckets and couldn't breathe 160th in 47.34. Would have happily pulled out to DNF, but was 4th for the team so had to dig deep....Didn't help that I clocked it at 6.7m,when I was expecting 6!!

Comfort food tonight- pizza and red wine....

Nice slow 16 tomorrow to sweat it out

01/12/2012 at 20:13

AGF and LuLu well done on the park run and 1st dog.

Teknik well done on your run hope the knee is ok.

SM6 nice new PB lots of black ice here this morning.

OH nice running in the ice and mud.

Fiona great start to the month not nice conditions today, when are you starting your doubles? the Plaster should come off on the 13th Dec I cant wait as I have had enough of it..... and it stinks no mater what I use talc, aftershave or Febreze........

Jason hot toddy and bed mate well done today but go easy.

Just over 8 miles up and down my hill slower than the norm due to ice but still a great run.

02/12/2012 at 11:02

A six mile jog this morning. Happy enough

I understand why you took it carefully NP - Very Wise.

Jason - hope your feeling a little better today

Thats a super long run Fiona - your getting ready nicely for London Training !!

HM4 - I am sure that by the spring you will have built up to that

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 11:02
02/12/2012 at 11:09

hope ure all well and fit and hope u all had a good 2012 marathoning

good luck with 2013

HM4
02/12/2012 at 13:53

AGF,

I'm sure of that.

--------------

No running from me - now there's a surprise !  However I did walk to town & back & potter round a Christmas market they had.

02/12/2012 at 14:23

It's good to have a plan HM4.

Take care jason, you don't want that to get more serious and well done for doing the XC for the team!

NP I'm planning to start doubles this week so I'll be in a routine by January. Just a couple of short runs but one can be slow and the one a short tempo.  Nice 8m, I think the icy runs are good for core stability!

Did Lulu go for a jog AGF or was that too far for her?

All the best for 2013 mick & phil.

I had a bit of a niggle yesterday that was worse after my run (right glute this time!) so no run today but had a great weights session, about an hour discussing technique and different options with the expert at the gym. Then home for a turbo session, 1 mile each fast (low resistance) and standing (high resistance) to 10 miles.  Back to running tomorrow as everything 100% today but just being really careful after last year!!

F

02/12/2012 at 14:55

doing my first marathon , edinburgh next year, started training here in india ( work) get home thursday for 28 days of trying to run further, today completed my first ever 10 miles,(  pictures on teh edinburgh marathon fb page ) had to avoid lorries dust and a herd of goats, that belly from the reebok advert caught me a few years ago, away 10 bellies, hope to finish under 5 hours 4 and a half if lucky , i did 10 miles in 1 hour 46 is this any good for a begineer.

02/12/2012 at 15:06

AGF- nice jogging

Fiona- ta- I won't run if it gets onto my chest....hope your niggle is gone....

NP- well done on your hill

Andy- well done on the 10m. Pace is all very personal, but your main focus has got to be on steadily building your endurance at an easy pace- while avoiding the goats!

Started today's run at zero degrees, then the rain came and the temperature soared to 4 degrees.... At least I cleared my nasal passages from this blooming cold..... 16.00m in 1.51.09 (6.57 av) splits: 7:07 7:17 7:18 7:08 7:12 7:09 7:13 7:05 6:59 6:51 6:54 6:48 6:35 6:39 6:41 6:20 Happy enough given a) the time of year, b) the manflu and c) yesterday's xc 1m warm down to finish off

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 15:10
02/12/2012 at 15:27

cheers, it is the distance, and currently away at work so can only do max hour at lunch, but sundays i can sneak away  for longer without the client noticing, home on thursday, booked a 5k for next sunday , then tarin train train. 

02/12/2012 at 17:28

Stuart well done on the parkrun...hope you didn't suffer from the fall

OH well done on the 7.7m y'day

Fiona nice 13m and turbo

jason well done for slogging through the XC and nice 16m today. Hope that cleared the flu...

HM LOL hope you enjoyed the Xmas market

NP good 8m on the hills

AGF nice 6m jog

Good luck for 2013 mickn'phil

Andy welcome

---

11m this morning. HR still unbelievably high.  I also think I've now buggered my knee. It started to hurt towards the end, and now getting up off the sofa is painful.  Phoning physio tomorrow...

02/12/2012 at 18:03
Tek- hope it's a quick fix, but please don't do ANYTHING until it's right....
Fingers crossed, buddy....
02/12/2012 at 18:26
Mick & Phill all the very best for 2013.
Fiona think you made the right decision but it still sounds like you put in a great session. No getting away from the ice today either. I'm interested on how you will get on doing the double sessions.
AM6 well done on your run like Jason said we are all different with regards pace, what you need to do is build the miles up.
AGF nice six mile run.
Teknik go easy well done on the run but don't carry on if your in pai it will just make it worse a few days off and lots of stretching/foam roller.
Jason well I thought you would be out no matter what just take care mate but nice warm down mile.

As for me I did just over 12 miles and finished with a nice paddle for 10 mins up to my thighs in the sea, legs felt fantastic after that. Last weeks total 54 miles and a few bits two more weeks of per base building.
02/12/2012 at 18:37

thanks people - hoping ure ok

ive had a fairly poor year tbh, - just had a ( non malignant ) tumour removed from my lung - and i'm now in recovery- i'm not allowed to run until new year

but as Consultant and GP says - experience and fitness and pyscological strength are on my side when i return - i'm now newbie

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.