2012 Marathon thread

5,841 to 5,860 of 6,126 messages
10/12/2012 at 20:14

Indeed it does YC, well done on the weight loss and miles.

No point being too skinny at this stage, still got loads of training to do and lurgy to avoid! BMI dead on 20 so if I lose 2kg by VLM I'll be down to 19 and 7 st 12.

Well done AGF's OH!

4 miles easy tonight and does not feel like I ran yesterday. Think tomorrow will be a double, a short easy morning TM run and have been persuaded to run with a club tomorrow night - eek! Will possibly be a one off as never ready to run by 7pm and they are fast.

F

10/12/2012 at 20:23
YC- welcome back
Fiona- forget BMI- it's officially rubbish! Ask Usain Bolt, who is OBESE according to BMI! Body fat % is what you want to be aware of.... Joining a club is the BEST move you can make. I!m sure they aren't all faster than you! I know that my club has a huge range of runners....plenty faster than me and plenty slower
4m this morning just because I woke up early and the official 6.5 this evening. Bit slippery on both occasions....
HM4
10/12/2012 at 20:53

AGF,

Well done to Mrs AGF.

-------

Well done on everyone's training.

10/12/2012 at 21:00
YC nice to see your going well.
Fiona nice running that's what my recovery run felt like today as well,mouse will be fine with the club and you will enjoy it. My work spoils the fact that I end up working most training nights that one reason I left the club I ran with.
Jason I'm with you on the BMI, well done with your double run.
10/12/2012 at 21:37

I'm a typical accountant - as I'm lardy with high body fat % I go for the 'good' statistic regardless!  

Early alarm set for tomorrow's run and heating on extra early - if it comes on as still not fixed.  Heating bloke has been round 5 times now.

F

PS I do know that playing with numbers is carp as the proof of the pudding's in the running....run well and the numbers will follow.

10/12/2012 at 21:45
Fiona- heating bloke obviously fancies you
10/12/2012 at 21:58

10/12/2012 at 23:52

Jason - ha ha ha. You know that's going to be in the back of Fiona's mind the next time he calls to "fix" the heating

Fiona - well done on the race result. I wouldn't call your time poor in windy conditions. Splits were pretty consistent considering!!!

YC - go off road in the winter, more grip. Generally. And it hurts less if you fall over!

All this talk of weight loss, IDK. It's  Christmas

Plenty of time for hard work in the New Year

Sorted out the problems showing the images [turned out to be filename related].

View of Graig Fan Ddu [the initial ridge we ran along] from Pen Y Fan:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/298424/gallery/graig_fan_ddu.jpg?width=350

View of the remainder of the Pen Y Fan ascent [I was about half way I suppose]:

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/298424/gallery/pen_y_fan_ascent.jpg?width=350

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 00:06
11/12/2012 at 08:21

morning all, had a run sunday in saltaire with the 5km reindeer run, day off yesterday now a nice 3miler today, brrr been out for milk it was -2 

11/12/2012 at 09:08

Mrs AGFsays thank you.

Nice to see you have started running again HM4.

I have just bought some trail shoes for offroad runnning - so hopefully will be running is scenes similar to that JayC

Fiona..... enjoy the club run !!

11/12/2012 at 10:45
Fiona C wrote (see)

I'm a typical accountant - as I'm lardy with high body fat % I go for the 'good' statistic regardless!  

Early alarm set for tomorrow's run and heating on extra early - if it comes on as still not fixed.  Heating bloke has been round 5 times now.

F

PS I do know that playing with numbers is carp as the proof of the pudding's in the running....run well and the numbers will follow.

Fiona C wrote (see)

I do know that playing with numbers is crap as the proof of the pudding's in the running....run well and the numbers will follow

"Lardy with high body Fat %" so who was that slim women I met last year?.Watch out for that heating bloke lol.

Jayc great photos, been up Pen Y Fan a few times in the late 70's early 80's.

AM6 Well done for getting out nice and icy here...

AGF enjoy your off road running.

6 miles this morning Tempo nice to see the LH moving back.

11/12/2012 at 17:02
9 miles done today. 6 on my own followed by 3 with the dog. Feeling better for having a relaxing weekend
11/12/2012 at 18:44

Nice running AGF. Out myself for the second 6 mile run of the day .

11/12/2012 at 18:46

If you're "lardy" FC then heaven knows what that makes me at 85k
5.7 miles today avoiding Christmas shopping

11/12/2012 at 20:41

AGF - nice mileage; you'll enjoy getting off road, it fast became my favourite type of run.

NP - Good double session. I was *thinking* of possibly running to work and back tomorrow, be about 5 miles either way. Depends how icy it is for the bike in the morning; if it's too dodgy I may well run!

OH - Top way of avoiding the crowds

4.75 mile off road trail run with work colleagues at lunchtime [our 'Xmas off-site' run]. One of the girls brought her border collie Poppy along, who continually demonstrated how easy it is to run up and down hill

17.2 mile mountain bike ride this evening. Plenty of ice to break and temp down to -4.8c at one point. My mates freehub froze and there's only one easy way to fix that, and other than walking home you're left with little alternative

12/12/2012 at 17:15

Its cold today .........8 miles managed though

HM4
12/12/2012 at 17:57

AGF,

Thanks.

----------

Well done on everyone's training.

12/12/2012 at 19:29
Just over 12 miles on the trails for me good job I did a loop as it allowed me to change out of the new Walsh fell shoes, nice on soft ground but 3/4 of the loop was frozen solid so did the hast 8 miles in my normal trainers.
OH don't do KG's only lbs. well done on avoiding Christmas shopping.
AGF well done on your 8 miles
HM4 you not getting out?
12/12/2012 at 21:23
GRRRRRR,,,, no running yesterday! Got up at 6, but everything too frozen, work got in the way until 7 by which time it was lethal again!!! And I was knack erred to tell e truth.... Still slippery here today, but managed an easy paced 10m before tonight's sports massage....
13/12/2012 at 08:23

Love those photos jayc. I'm going walking in the Cairngorms on Sunday so think I'll see some snow there too. -7 this morning in town, very cold!

Good that the rest paid off AGF. jason I'm sure that a day's rest will be a positive for you.

Nice double NP - are you doubling up on the tempo runs again?

I did a double on Tuesday, 3 miles easy in the morning then out in the evening with the club. It was off road but not too bad, just trail. I always just use my road shoes but might buy an off road pair.  Did 7.42 miles  and had to put a lid on the numbers OCD since I was with company, can't wait to get that 0.58 done before the end of the week!  After the run went into the gym and did my weights session. 6.25 miles done last night on the treadmill with 5 miles at 7:26mm pace.

F

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.