2012 Marathon thread

5,921 to 5,940 of 6,126 messages
17/12/2012 at 20:11
Tek- well done
NP- nice crawling
Kaz- nice double
Spark- nice 10 m. Did you manage it as well? Lol!
Well, I felt better after a night's decent sleep. just as well - VLM 2013 training started today. 5.3m am and 6.5 pm - all nice and slow
HM4
17/12/2012 at 20:23

Well done on everyone's training.

If there is a thread started next year I'm not sure if I'm going to be posting on it as I have absolutely no intention of doing a marathon or half.  The furthest race I'll be doing is 10k.

17/12/2012 at 21:01

My first VLM training run too, 6 miles with 4 at 7mm (treadmill).

NP - yep! Hotel at mile 25 so showered, changed and out to cheer folks on. After watching some of them I realised where the 'never again' brigade came from!  

kaz you'll soon get back to it. Weather at the coast about a mile away was shocking, 100ft waves!

Didn't we have a 2011 Marathon Tread  - that was a good one!  Whatever we have next year it'll have lots of super fit canines.

F

17/12/2012 at 21:08

Haha yeah Jason, i managed fine. Longest run since the Glasgow Half mind. Double day tomorrow hopefully, 4+4.

18/12/2012 at 08:56
Spark nice running and enjoy your double today.
Kaz nice double.
Jason nice double.
Fiona nice double.

Great 3 miles easy last night at the Santa run and the runners collected over ??450 nice.
Double day for me today, looks like the doubles have it lol.......
18/12/2012 at 11:26

Kaz good running on the double

AGF nice 8 miler

Spark good dog run. Hope the double goes ok today

Jason glad you're felling better

HM stick with us - we'll all be posting shorter races too

Fiona nice going on the treddie

NP well done on the Santa run. Enjoy your double too...

----

6m this morning in the mud and hills with the club, plus a few short strides. All ok...

18/12/2012 at 11:47

6 miles this morning with 4 miles tempo

Teknik nice running in the mud

18/12/2012 at 14:47

Afternoon all, walk on moors with dog, then was meant to be a 3 mile run ended up being 7.59, in a 1hour 13 minute at a pace of 9'39 per mile,

got really achy legs and knee is hurting, on a plus point down 5kgs from when i weighed in at work.

anybody know if barefoot running shoes are any good,

18/12/2012 at 15:56

No double for me!

Just about managed to drag myself out the door for a 3 miler - just getting over tummy bug.
Lovely setting sun over Scapa Flow with sky changing all the time.

High winds forecast again which may well affect daughters getting back home for Christmas

18/12/2012 at 18:18

Tek- watch the knee in the mud! Nice run though

OH- sorry to hear about the bug, but glad you're getting over it

AM6- well done on weight loss. Take it that wasn't during the course of the run....

NP-nice tempo running

4m recovery this morning and 10m with 4m tempo lite this evening. Legs starting to feel better towards the end of tonight's run. 10.03m in 1.06.55 (6.40 av)

18/12/2012 at 20:15
Nice double Jason, shame can't be said for me, started getting a bit of pain in my knee this morning, gladly it's eased off tonight. Just took the 3 mutts a 3 mile walk tonight, 4 miles tomorrow morning. A lot to do tomorrow so need to pull myself out of bed.
18/12/2012 at 20:25
Spark- is pain in the knee, or below it? Problems above and below the knee are often due to tight quads.....bit of stretching/ sports massage will help if that's the case
18/12/2012 at 20:47

Just over 4 miles tonight on grass/mud legs feeling a little on the heavy side tonight.

Nice double Jason.( running on the grass and mud this time of year sure works the legs going to do more of this over the next month or so, it reminds me of running in the snow.....)

AM nice weight loss sorry cant help with the bare foot thing.

Spark lots of stretching and foam roller.

OH Lots of that bug here not looking forward to the wind and rain over the next few days

18/12/2012 at 20:55
The pain was to the outside of my right knee aswell as a bit on my outer ankle. I reckon it was due to running on the outside of my foot subconsciously as i started blistering on the inside of the balls of my foot as my feet got wet. Feeling a lot better now.
HM4
18/12/2012 at 21:05

Tek,

Thanks.

OH,

We've avoid the tummy bug at work it just appears to be the usual colds & flu.

19/12/2012 at 10:30

Andy nice dog running. Hope you shake the niggle and well done on the weight loss.

OH get well soon, and I hope the weather doesn't ruin Xmas

Jason great double

Spark hope the knee is better now

NP great double too

HM I've still got the same cold I had 6 weeks ago...

---

4m recovery jog this morning. 

19/12/2012 at 11:12
Cheers Tek.

4m slow in 34mins this morning, Didnt want to upset the knee again. No speed work or LSR this week for me. 4miles tomorrow, rest Friday. 7 miles slow Saturday and either another 7 slow or 2x4 easy on sunday.
19/12/2012 at 11:23

Ferries getting cancelled already in anticipation.

Daughters rebooked on plane for trip home (and financed)

19/12/2012 at 11:44

Just over 13.5 miles this morning in heavy rain and very strong wind funny but i loved every second of it

Spark well done for getting out hope the feet are on the mend.

OH hope the daughters are going to spoil you when they get home

Teknik your knee ok now?

HM4
19/12/2012 at 18:47

Tek,

I've still got my cough also!  However it has nearly gone.

Spark,

Well done.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.