2013 Marathon Thread

2,001 to 2,020 of 5,289 messages
11/04/2013 at 12:56

Tek - how does that MP run compare to pre Frankfurt ?

11/04/2013 at 13:07

Tek- nice one- heading up the mileage league there for a while

9m for me today, including my last track session pre VLM After a wind-free morning, it was, needless to say, gusting away by the time I hit the track. This, along with the ambitious pace, soon took its toll- like running through treacle down the home straight! lol! 9m total with 3x1m off 3min recoveries- splits for the miles tell the sorry story: 5.30, 5.39, 5.49. Still, not too shabby- think I should have carbed last night though- forgot my sweet potato! Running intervals fuelled by salmon and rocket not recommended

11/04/2013 at 13:15
Teknik nice running mate enjoy your recovery run tomorrow.
Mace hope you can join us for coffee and buns. I'm Firesac on Fetch.
Jason that's still great splits, you now have me eating baked sweet potatoes with rocket, tuna in spring water and beetroot for lunch snacking on roasted soya beans which are very good

Got a FIre Service fitness test tonight which will be followed by my tempo run, going to swim tomorrow but cut back to only 750m and will run the Parkrun at MP on Saturday.
11/04/2013 at 13:18

mace  look forward to catching up!

jason that sounds tough especially low on fuel.

A fitness test NP - really?!!  I suspect your results will be a bit different from the norm! Enjoy the tempo run.

F

11/04/2013 at 13:29
Fiona I beats me how some can fail it.......it's not that difficult.
11/04/2013 at 13:32

Fiona thanks

Mace I only did 3 subLTs pre Frankfurt, as my 75% pace dipped below 9mm which was my target...so I just carried on plodding. One was 8.15, and two were at 8:30. In the end I chickened out and decided to run at 8:45.  This time I'm going to trust Hadd...

Jason yup for about 2 hours. Well done on the 9m and the mile splits.

NP enjoy smashing the test

Edited: 11/04/2013 at 13:32
11/04/2013 at 13:47
NP- nice food, off beans here though Enjoy the fitness test lol!
Tek- you will be topping it again this month, I'm sure- especially with next week's stepping up of the taper and the following week's recovery for me. My target will be at least half of Tek's
Lunch here was piri piri smoked mackerel and rocket, washed down with a mug of green tea
11/04/2013 at 14:44
Just finished post lunch medicine ball session.... Ouch
11/04/2013 at 16:56

Feeling better today not as congested and cough has eased considerably, starting to feel a lot better about Sunday too

Jason, I'm only just into double figures for April, this is definitely going to be my lowest monthly total for quite sometime, speedy interval session even if you didn't hit 5:30

Tek, great MLR today your club likes the mud

NP, the fitness test will be a breeze compared to the tempo run I bet, hope you're enjoying the taper

Fiona, hope the hammy is not too sore

Mace, well done on the weight lose, I'm staying away from my scales, with ony 12 miles run this month I've bound to have put on a pound or two

SM6, how are you holding up only a few more days to go 

11/04/2013 at 16:58
Stewart- great news!
11/04/2013 at 17:01

Jason - Nice mile intervals. Foof sounds good too

Tek - You've fired in some great runs this week

Mace - Hope the sports massage done the trick

Stewart - Hope the illness clears, if you're still not well you'd be better not running today.

Fiona - Hope the leg is good, and the run goes well

NP - I assume you'll blitz that fitness test

------------

Leg is still sore, so I'm doing nothing until Sunday morning. I may need to do some praying to various gods on Saturday night...

HM4
11/04/2013 at 17:44

Well done on everyone's training.  Hope any niggles disappear quickly.

MG1
11/04/2013 at 18:54
Fiona start time is 10.30 with 14 degrees with 18- 20 dgrees around 2 pm, hope your legs still improving
Tek good one earlier
Stewart hopefully the bugs are going a bit so you can run
NP I guess the fitness test is not really a test for you at all
SM6 hope the injury gods are looking out for you

Mace good for you on the weight loss

Rest for me today, might go and run a 2 miler tomorow before setting off on Saturday
11/04/2013 at 19:49

MG - It's Rotterdom you're off to, isn't it? Weather sounds a bit warm for my liking! Saying that, I don't fancy the heavy rain and 23mph wind thats forecast for Fort William on Sunday much...

Stewart - Glad to hear you're feeling better. Can't believe that's Lochaber already upon us. Wish the niggly ankle would clear up, but I'll be standing on a wet shinty pitch on Sunday morning either way 

MG1
11/04/2013 at 20:34
SM6 yes off to Rotterdam, always prefer the cool conditions but can't change the weather so will just get on with it and see , as you say Fort W weather soundS pretty testing to say the least
11/04/2013 at 21:30
5 miles with 3 at 6:11 pace all felt easy even after the test which was easy enough.
Will swim in the morning and rest the rest of the day
Sc and SM6 fingers crossed you are both 100% for Sunday.
Fiona cotton wool now less is more no more miles than days to the marathon from here on in
11/04/2013 at 21:32

8 miles on a bright but cool windy evening after a couple of day's rest.

Still pretty cool here although forecast to get a bit warmer over weekend.

Wishing good speed and endurance to StewartC and SM6 in Fort William
(at least the wind should be behind you one way )

Hope all goes well for mace (Brighton), MG1 (Rotterdam) and Mabel40 (vienna)

.. a lot going on this weekend

Looking forwards to all the reports ...

11/04/2013 at 21:52
Good luck at the weekend races folks. Looking forward to the race reports ...
11/04/2013 at 22:04

Stewart really pleased to hear you are improving - just in time!

Stuart fingers crossed the rest does the trick. I really hope the weather improves for you guys.

MG1 you'll be done by the time the sun comes out!

NP hope you passed that test!  I'm just doing a few short runs now.

OH nice that you got a decent evening for your run.

6 miles for me tonight on treadmill with 4 at tempo pace. The hamstring/glute went tight but never got worse. I will take it easy, got the massage on Monday and may rest tomorrow, will see how it goes.

F

12/04/2013 at 17:50

Jason lol at "half Tek"

Stewart glad you're feeling better

Stuart fingers crossed still for that leg/ankle

HM hope you're ok

MG bags all packed?

NP nice tempo yesterday

OH good 8 miler

AGF hi

Fiona nice treddie tempo.  Hope the rolling/stretching / massage eases the glute & hammy

---

4.44m recovery after massage and hot yoga this morning.  Last long run tomorrow!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.