17/04/2013 at 20:10
No Pain wrote (see)
Added to list:

NN 7183
No Pain 30752

jason d 32025

Will be wearing blue and white TROTS vest and at the red GFA start

17/04/2013 at 21:32

jason 1:00:01!  Sounds like a tough run!

Looks like I'm the only one at green start......well the only one from this thread!

F

17/04/2013 at 22:22
Fiona- lol! It was silly rather than tough! Green is the best start IMHO. They keep the celebs separate by a piece of tape at the start until just before the off. This was when I and others moved forward to start right on the line. My chip time and Garmin time are the same
17/04/2013 at 22:24
Ooh, just watch out for the speed bumps early on- same for red start. Watch out for bollards then too.....
18/04/2013 at 07:22
Didn't get home and off duty last night until gone eleven so didn't get a chance to get on here. No cramp last night and calf is ok this morning just don't want a repeat of it on Saturday night. Well will start putting carbs in today but still not going OTT as I think my normal eating will be enough.

Fiona just a few last minute things to pack OH off today as well, our two cats stay at home and we have a friend who will come round twice a day to feed them.

Jason sounds like a fun run I must show you the video of my hill run in the snow and wind it's one I will never forget.

Looking at the weather it looks perfect so fingers crossed that there is no change 12c overcast no wind
18/04/2013 at 11:28

Hi Guys

I thought this would be the best place to ask. I am running on Sunday in London. I am trying to get everything in order and I am having trouble finding the info I need.

I have only received my running number through the post, and a ltter stating I have to attend the Excel on Saturday. Is this correct? Will they issue me with a timing tag there? I also don't know where the start is, other than somewhere in Greenwhich? Does any body know of what time I should be there and where exactly to go?

Help much appreciated

Thanks, Sophie

18/04/2013 at 11:41
Sophie you need to take the letter with your number on and sign it at the excel centre they will give you your number and let you know what start to go to. There will be lots of info available at the excel about how to get to your start point. The underground is free to all runners who show there numbers on Sunday, just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get there. Relax and enjoy your run, what sort of time are you going for?
18/04/2013 at 11:53

Okey doke, thanks for that. I will get my timing tag there too? It's just I have moved and I had to pick my last pack up from my previous address so I don't want to arrive in London without it if it has een sent there?

As for timing, well... was 3.45, but a poorly leg, and the final 3 weeks of my training being bumped, I am going sub 4, any thing quicker will be a bonus, And I will do it no matter what haha.

Excited now.

Thanks for the info

18/04/2013 at 11:58
All the best for Sunday we are always here why not join in the fun after London?
18/04/2013 at 12:12

I will do definatley. But I will need a week to chill, but I will be back

18/04/2013 at 12:42

Photos/video from Sunday .... there's some grim buggers especially hanging on at the end. I seem to have morphed into somebody i don't recognise by that stage

http://www7.marathon-photos.com/scripts/photo.py?event=Sports/CPUK/2013/Brighton%20Marathon&photo=SEBO0841&bib=8669

18/04/2013 at 12:54
You sure your names not the Black Mace? Great photos Mace, like the colour coordinating even down to the socks and trainers you sure your not a Goth?
18/04/2013 at 13:04

lol NP

18/04/2013 at 13:17

Stewart you can push the mileage so long as you take things easy - else do the 55m plan but use the 70m long run schedule...?

Stuart hope you get out but take it easy

Fiona nice 4m and glad the hamstring is holding up

Jason LoL that was some gale!  Well done on the 8m.

HM hi

NP glad the calf is better and lol at mace the goth

Sophie welcome and good luck

mace LOL great piccie

===

6.55m hill work with the club this morning, all fine but very breezy here.

18/04/2013 at 15:08

Good photos black mace

Welcome Sophie - hope all goes well on Sunday

- stick around
(but now you're here you'll have to submit a race report next week )

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 15:15
18/04/2013 at 15:24
Sophie don't forget to take photo id to excel- cant register without it
18/04/2013 at 15:42

Thanks guys. I get my timing tag there too right? And I will deffo report back.

18/04/2013 at 16:38

Fiona-I'm Green start too

18/04/2013 at 17:24

Good I'll not be alone BR!  So you and Sophie both have to pop back in here after VLM and join in!

Nice run Teknik; looks like you're the only one doing any running around here!

Must check the photos out mace.

Looking forward to meeting fellow threaders for coffee and cakes on Saturday.

Safe travels everyone.

F

MG1
18/04/2013 at 18:16
Nice photos Mace, ( the man in black ) my race photos are not available yet but will post a link so everyone can have a chuckle

Legs feel well recovered now so off to my training session in the gym, been away with work the last two days so have done nothing except eat too much so back to it again.

Looking at 9 or 10 m on Saturday to really get back into it )

Well done Tek on getting out

You VLM guys must be getting pretty excited, I know I would be - hopefully next year.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.