2013 Marathon Thread

241 to 260 of 5,289 messages
08/01/2013 at 22:03

Amazing tempo pace NP!

Another MLR AGF! Well done.

A bit breezy here too OH but dry now.

Nice gym work MG and hope the gym not too busy for you SM. Our gym has the usual January influx.

Good that you got out HM4.

7.35 miles av pace 7.17mm then weights. Nice to meet Stewart and his daughter.

F

08/01/2013 at 22:08

Thanks Fiona legs a little heavy for tonights run, MLR tomorrow. Great running yourself at 7:17 pace.

MG1
08/01/2013 at 22:22
Fiona C, yep the same influx of new punters all with good intentions I guess but will be back to normal in 6 weeks great pace on your run tonight!
08/01/2013 at 22:29

Teknik, good running, I'm glad the HR is improving

NN, that a good improvement over a short period of time, you're right to be pleased

Sara, Welcome and good luck,

OH, I'm terrible at getting out of my bed in the morning, but I really enjoyed running through the holidays at 9-10 in the mornings

NP, two 7 milers well done, can I ask what is the benefit of doing two 7's as opposed to a 14?

Fiona, It was good meeting you too  good pace tonight, I knew Craig group was quick,  were you off road?

A sandwiched JS session for me 2 miles too and from JS and an easy paced 5 miler with a little trip up a hill at Blackpark filling Station,

9 miles in total avgHR for the three runs were 132(70%), 140(74%), 139(73%)

08/01/2013 at 22:40

An hours badminton then watching the Polar Bears (BBC2) to finish off the day
Els and I often do an extra before the JS group here too

09/01/2013 at 07:14

Thank you all for the welcome and your advice! I must say I am currently of the same mindset as OH- is my idea of hell... But Fiona and NP make good points so maybe I should just suck it up and go for it.

NP my best half time is 1:48. I also can't imagine doing two 7 milers in a day at the moment- but would also be good training towards a four lap marathon I imagine!

Looks like I have some work to do...

Impressive running guys, hope training continues to go well for everyone!

09/01/2013 at 08:37

Stewart it was just out to Dochgarroch and back but so many puddles and everyone seemed to find the muddy bits quite slippery. That's a steep hill at Blackpark!

4 miles easy this morning, legs knew they'd run/done weights last night. Planning to get out later for something easy.

F

09/01/2013 at 09:42

Morning
No running done yet I am combining my midweek MLR 14 miler with club run later
Sara good luck with training for that 4 lapper 2 laps of anything would be enough for me, I guess the only way to train and get your head round it is, as you say do laps in training.
SM6 which plan are you following ? sensible decision to build the miles slowly if you haven done that kind of mileage before .

MG1 I couldnt believe then amount of people in my gym yesterday, 5 minute wonder without a doubt especially the women that manage to do a whole workout and leave without a hair out of place and full face of makeup unsmudged

OH  I am planning to watch that Polar bears programme on catchup this afternoon before running club and the Africa thing from David Attenborough.

Stuart nice low HR for the runs
NP and Fiona very impressive tempo paces,hope the side pain improves Fiona , it certainly doesn't seem to be slowing you down that's for sure, I am impressed by the way  you Jason and NP seem you get 2 runs done most days, how often do you have rest days ?

Edited: 09/01/2013 at 09:50
09/01/2013 at 10:45

NP great double yesterday

NN fantastic pace improvement in just 3 weeks..good luck on the MLR later

Sara welcome.  It's funny, I hate two lap courses (like OH), but I did a 17 lap mara in June and it was great - psychologically it was easier to count down from 17 than 26 ! Breaking a mara into 4 chunks sounds pretty good to me...

OH well done on the windy 7..5m

HM well done. How's the shoulder these days?

Stuart nice 3.7m - sensible decision on the mileage

MG good gym session

Fiona great pace on your 7.35m. Good luck on today's double.

Stewart well done on the 9 miles

---

3m poodle this morning.  Out tonight with the club for a MP run.

09/01/2013 at 10:59

Tek so you are now running doubles ?

09/01/2013 at 11:03

NN - Not usually - I normally just run in the morning. The Wednesday night run is a new thing, and I try to get a few miles done in the morning in case I CBA at 7pm...

09/01/2013 at 11:10

Ah I see !! its just that I see there are a few on here that do and I was beginning to feel lazy !! P&D  do have me doing a few doubles later in the scheule, I will try them but cant make out why they are there, when monday is rest day it seems odd to do 2 runs on the tues , why not run once monday and once tues , I guess there is reason in the madness

Edited: 09/01/2013 at 11:11
09/01/2013 at 19:06

Hello Guys. I have a bit of catching up to do as afetr running last night went for a meal with colleagues.  Thansk for the name change suggestions - I may well do something like that in the future ( watch this space )

Welcome Sara. Good luck with your Marathon training....

Nice to hear that Fiona and Stewart met up  and have done some good training there !!

OH - you do some good cross training with the swimming and Badderrs. I play with the wife sometimes and its enjoyabkle to do something different !

NN - hope the MLR went well with the club.

Jason - your mileage is immense this month already !! 

Hows the Wrist NP?

Tonight was a just an hour run with the dog - Lulu Enjoyed it and so Did I

09/01/2013 at 19:20

Fiona - Nice pace!

I manage to avoid the gym jokers by going at 8am, even in January it's still empty at that time.

Stewart - Good running

NN - Unlike most on here, I'm not doing a spring/early summer marathon (Loch Ness in Sept is my only marathon) so I'm just doing my own thing and trying to slowly build up for the next few months.

Tek - Hope you had a good run tonight

AGF - Nice running.

---------

Unexpected rest day here, through a combination of laziness and shopping needing done before work tonight.

Fast run of some description tomorrow

09/01/2013 at 19:22

NN know what you mean about these ladies that look like they have just left the hairdresser upon leaving the gym, I look like I got caught in a hurricane! I have a rest day every Friday but did nothing on Monday this week so will just add a few miles here and there! This is my first time of trying doubles and so far I'm enjoying it, my morning runs are short recovery then I can do a different session at night. Hope the 14 goes well and the club run Teknik.

Nice dog running AGF!

12 for me very easy, heart rate pretty low for 8:18mm pace.

F

09/01/2013 at 19:24

Cross post Stuart, I do like the relaxed running between marathons. Fast run of some sort for me tomorrow too.  

F

MG1
09/01/2013 at 19:25
Night Nurse, yes know what you mean, the young ladies who go home looking like what they they did when they arrived makes me smile , mind the blokes who go to lift weights and look at themselves can't run more than 200 m are just as bad, i go home looking wasted most times but feel like Ive done something
09/01/2013 at 19:37
No doubles for me today. But did a 15m MLR followed by another mile warm down? All ok
09/01/2013 at 20:03

SC Well done on the 9 miles, with regards to the 2 x 7 miles one is a tempo run the othe steady building to a tempo.

Fiona nice double again and 16 miles for the day fantastic.

Teknik nice morning run hope you enjoyed tonights.

AGF Nice dog run

Nice running Jason another 15 miles in the bank.

Just over 14 miles for me tonight on tired legs all done at an easy pace.

09/01/2013 at 20:07
NP- well done on the 14 my legs aren't particularly tired, but they are still recovering from Monday's massage
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.