2013 Marathon Thread

2,701 to 2,720 of 5,289 messages
18/05/2013 at 20:22

AGF, nice parkrun sandwich, looks like we will be running our marathons on the same weekend, well done with the 1000 miles

MG1, another good run there was a lot of rain about today

Jason, a speedy parkrun this morning and nice totals for the day too

Fiona, nice run earlier I should have ran this morning too the conditions were much  better, should be nicer for your longer run tomorrow

SM6, Good time at parkrun this morning, hopefully the legs will be ok tomorrow

Tek, will do, sounded like a tough run today, 

OH, hope the weather was not too bad and the race went well for you

------------------------------------------------------------------

Suprise suprise no cricket again today, hopefully the weather gods will start to behave themselves 

12 mile MLR and I kept a lid on the pace around 10:30mm, the weather was awful, rain and wind not what you would expect at this time of year, HRM data was garbage, I seem to have a lot of bad luck with these devices

Stats : 12.2mi, 2:07:38, @10:28mm avgHR ? but it felt easy

HM4
18/05/2013 at 20:30

Stuart & Tek,

Thanks & well done to you both.

Jason,

Well done.

19/05/2013 at 12:50

Stewart- nice work

My 2 hour easy effort this morning saw me cover 16.2m (actually 2.00.01 = 7.24 av). 30 min recovery run later

19/05/2013 at 13:04

Jason nice recovery last night, and great 16m easy run today

Stewart sorry about the cricket; great work on the 12m mlr today

---

I had a longer night's sleep but still decided to skip the long run: I did 8m easy instead - 75%max ceiling, 8:45mm. HR still elevated but breathing much better.

42.6m for the week, av. 74%maxHR, av. 8:44 mm.

Edited: 19/05/2013 at 13:08
19/05/2013 at 14:46

Hi Peeps went a bit awol for a few days, a bit down in the dumps with not running and the problem with the hip. looks like a lot of you are already back into the swing of it which is great to see.

After a few swims and turbo sessions the hip was still sore so I gave it three days complete rest. This morning I met up with a mate and ran 4 miles, the hip was ok but is a little sore now if it stays like this I will continue to train however I was blowing like an old man at the start and buggered by the end, funny when I look back on my training and olny two weeks ago I was 7mm in the Caymans no problems what so ever. So if I can get a solid weeks running in even if its all slow I will be happy as I'm sure the fitness will come back fast enough.

19/05/2013 at 15:08

NP- like I said earlier, don't risk making it worse! Go and get some physio and rest up until it's better. Otherwise, you could risk a LONG lay-off

HM4
19/05/2013 at 15:26

Jason & Tek,

Well done guys.

NP,

Take care of your hip.

----------

Hook 2.5 mile report:-

We got there in plently of time (nearly 2 hrs early).  The nearest car park is quite small so it's worth getting there at that time.  Killed time by reading a book on my phone then made our way to the start only to discover that I'd left my number in the car which Chris went back for.  The first 500m was very crowded which was a bit unusual as it's not been that bad in previous years and a watch check showed that I'd started off at about 11:15 min miles which was about were I intended to be as I wanted to have an easy start then try and run at a steady(ish) pace.  Once I'd settled into a rhythm I didn't look at my watch until the mile marker 10:25 pace.  I was secretly hoping to get round in 10:30 pace given the lack of training over the past couple of weeks while I had the lurgy.  This mile felt relatively okay so I decided to increase the pace a wee bit and did the next mile in 10:22 pace although a long and very gentle incline took it's toll as usual however the pace didn't drop too much.  Picked up the pace again for the final .5 miles and checked my watch just before the 100m marker and saw ave pace of 10:17 sprinted the last 100m which is something I've not managed to do before at this race and was really chuffed to see an overal ave pace of 10:12 (last .5 miles at 9:32 pace - not far of my 5k pace).

19/05/2013 at 15:56

just popping in to say my 10k race today went not too well; 7:40 average pace was okay (pb is 7:32 average) and it doesn't matter as the race length was reduced by a faulty swing-bridge which was meant to be used... so the race was about 8.8km (garmin said 5.48 miles) instead of 10km / 6.21 miles. Oh well. Well organised race but shockingly expensive and not value for money.

I'll aim to do a LSR tomorrow to make up for it!

HM4
19/05/2013 at 16:08

Iccle Jim,

Oh dear.  Good luck for the lsr tomorrow.

19/05/2013 at 17:15

Shame about the run yesterday Stewart, a nice day today after the mist cleared! Saw a few familiar faces down along the canal side and there seemed to be a Run4it event (small) at the Bught where they do the parkrun?

Nice pace for an easy effort Jason.

Teknik sounds like the right decision on the shorter run.

NP great to hear the run went ok. Lots of stretching required now! Fingers crossed that it settles down quickly. As you say you know the fitness will come back.

Great report HM4, well done.

IJ sounds like a rough deal for an expensive race!

An easy run for me this morning, 11.6 miles when it was still quite misty. Nice and sunny now.

F

HM4
19/05/2013 at 17:19

Fiona,

Thanks & well done.

19/05/2013 at 17:47

IJ- well run, but I agree with your summary! Sounds shocking!

HM4- nice report- well run

Fiona- nice run- could have done with some mist here too- baking hot! Still, shouldn't complain!

Recovery run done and dusted- 20.42m for the day and a weekly total of 80.61m in 10.14.41 Good start to the base building

19/05/2013 at 18:21

NP hope the hip settles down quickly

HM well done!  It's a great feeling to finish strongly.

IJ sorry to hear about the route problems

Fiona nice early morning 11.6m

Jason well done on the double.  Base build is going well...

HM4
19/05/2013 at 18:28

Jason & Tek,

Thanks & well done to you both.

19/05/2013 at 19:48

Good running folks. 

HM4 well done with the race !!

How was your marathon OH?

No running today - but the garden looks good and the red wine rack is a bottle down

19/05/2013 at 20:00

AGF Just the one?

OH????????????

19/05/2013 at 20:01

Got a promotional code for Sportsshoes.com but it ends TODAY for free delivery and 10% off: code is SP413PP. Just bought 2 pairs of Saucony jazz for 70 quid

19/05/2013 at 20:41

Just back through the door.
No mobile or WiFi where we were staying hence AWOL
Pretty pleased with Saturday's run - 20 minute course best at 4h46m26
Weather was pretty awful even by Orkney standards.
Heavy rain with a lot of standing water on unmetalled road and strong northerly wind.
Great week, more later ...

19/05/2013 at 21:00

OH- what?? 20 min cb in crap conditions??? WOW!

19/05/2013 at 21:25

Just the one Jason.

congrats on the course PB Oh. Super running. well done fella.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.