2013 Marathon Thread

3,341 to 3,360 of 5,289 messages
02/07/2013 at 22:15

NP I hope you held back on the concrete breaking!

MG1 scary stuff and it's not even dark nights! Nice tempo running and well done on the gym work.

Teknik nice long run. Nice number too!

Stuart good day for a shorter run.

OH the forecast is pretty dire for the weekend. Bad enough on the run but not looking forward to the ferry. At least I'll be easy to recognise, I'll be as green as a frog.

Nice way to get revenge on them IJ!

8 miles with the group tonight with 2 minute efforts on the way back. Good fun.

MG1 I bought Brooks Puredrift shoes at the weekend. Very light!! Paid £30 as they were down to £50 and I had a voucher from the Skye half. They have pink laces.

F

Edited: 02/07/2013 at 22:16
03/07/2013 at 07:19

Nice laces Fiona 

MG that's horrible  Last week a local boy of 13 went up on the roof of a derelict flour mill down the road from me. He was fetching his ball and ended up falling through the roof. Sadly he passed away a couple of days later  My boys aren't much younger and it makes you think.

Well all the great training from you lot is making me feel a bit guilty at the moment. Had a couple of near CNBA misses last week , struggled on the weekend long run, and this morning the CNBA fairy finally got me. I think I need a couple of days off.

03/07/2013 at 09:02

plan a couple of days off and it doesn't count as CBA, mace, so you're okay... sometimes we're a bit keen to overdo it!

03/07/2013 at 12:30

Stuart nice easy 4.6m - hope the legs are better today

OH LOL.   Sounds like you're enjoying your week away, despite the weather.

MG well done on the gym work.  I've converted to Brooks Ghost 5 for the last few months, so I'd be interested to hear how you find the new ones.

IJ nice hill running.  Hope the LSR goes ok today.

Fiona good run with the group last night.  mmm pink laces

mace - I agree with IJ

---

MaraHR run today.  I messed up the Garmin reset after the warm-up, but after tidying up the data, I averaged 8:02mm for 7m with the HR levelling out below 80%max - 3 seconds improvement and about 4 beats lower.

Edited: 03/07/2013 at 12:32
HM4
03/07/2013 at 19:19

Well done on everyone's training.

03/07/2013 at 19:20

HI guys, on my phone so hard to reply to all.

all is well but using time working away to get some miles in.  A few doubles sees me at 39 miles for the last 3 days... Now I need food

03/07/2013 at 19:42
No teashops today
knackered - day on Harris hills - Clisham horseshoe (not many paths up there!)

FionaC - if it's that bad there may be a few other green bods!
Reminds me of the Shipping Forecasts story of the North Utsierra football team who won all their home games!

good training Tek and Stuart
03/07/2013 at 19:47

AGF - Good running for the last few days

Tek - That's a good run today, things are moving the right way!

Mace - A couple of CBA days are needed now and then. 

Fiona - That looks a nice speedy session last night, well done.

------------

Seem to have hurt my back at work last night Probably ok to run, but decided to leave it tonight and watched the end of the tennis instead. I think that's 2 weeks in a row my 2 rest days have been used by Wednesday...

03/07/2013 at 19:47

lovely 10.3 this evening, though it was rather humid, my hayfever was screaming and my left hip and glutes not entirely happy either! did 10 mins stretches in the gym afterwards so it should be not so bad in the morning.

03/07/2013 at 21:06

mace agree with others, sounds like you need a few days rest to come back stronger.

Teknik nice improvement there.

AGF that's a lot of miles and a decent mileage IJ.

OH I used to be out in boats a lot when scuba diving so I hope I'm still ok but it's been a while! The 2 guys I'm heading across with have cooked breakfasts on the boat.  

Stuart, sensible move. I should have done the same. After the 10m with MP Monday and fast bits last night I felt like I could not move and HR was too high on my 'easy' 6m.

F

03/07/2013 at 22:16

MG, shocking! it is hard to believe

Fiona, nice to get some new trainers, sounds like you had a good js run last night, I hope the easy 6 loosened you up a little

Mace, having a day off is a good thing you be the fresher for it

IJ, nice 10 hope the stretching has done the job

Tek, a speedy MP run, looking good

AGF, a good three days worth of training, 

OH, Sounds like you're enjoying your trip to Harris

SM, hope the back is better and the rest has done it some good

---------------------------------------------

JS run last night took the 5 mile group, manage to throw in a couple of hills into the run brole it up quite nicely

LT run tonight 9 miles in total with a 2 mile warm up and cool down, first three miles of the LT section into a stiff breeze

Stats

Tues: 5.59mi, 59:13, @ 10:36mm, 145(77%)

Wed: 5mi 41:54, @ 8:22mm, 164(86%)

MG1
04/07/2013 at 00:13
Tek nice run at marathon pace, plus a tiny improvement
AGF great mileage in 3 days, well done
IJ as you say nice 10 miler
Stewart C good runs the last couple of days

Double runs today a 6 m first thing followed by 7 m this evening , tried my new Ghost 6 , have to say i am very impressed, very light and good support, the best Ghost version by a long way, hope so at the price !
04/07/2013 at 12:05

HM thanks

AGF nice block of running over the last 3 days

OH thanks, and well done on the hill walks

Stuart ouch, hope the back feels a little better today

IJ nice 10 miler. I'm suffering with the hay fever too.  Hope your glutes / hip feel easier this morning.

Fiona nice easy 6m - a good night's sleep hopefully will fix it

Stewart well done on the JS run and nice pace for yesterday's tempo

MG nice double.  I'm jealous of the new Ghosts now, having stocked upon the 5's.  As for the MP improvement, I'll take the 3 seconds a week - with 16 weeks to go that puts me in GFA territory !

---

Pumped up after this morning's LSR - 17.5m, av. HR 72% of max., drift manageable, and only blipped over 75% in the last mile or so - av. pace was 8:49mm

Edited: 04/07/2013 at 13:26
04/07/2013 at 13:58

A very good couple of runs there Stewart.

Good news on the shoes MG1, I might take a look at them. Also a very impressive double!

Also impressive LSR for a weekday Teknik!

Sore throat today and feeling off colour. Decided I'll rest tonight as no point doing another sub standard run and feeling bad. Hope the rest fixes it!  Got a whole new range of blisters last night. My orthotics are 6 years old and done every run so time for a new pair.

F

04/07/2013 at 15:38

still tight-ish hips and glutes today, but only walking round work; I've got 90 mins between work and the club run so hope to get to the gym (upstairs, between work and carpark!).

04/07/2013 at 15:39

17 on a Thursday morning, Teknik? wow! great running!

HM4
04/07/2013 at 18:30

(((Stuart)))

Hope that eases soon.

Tek,

Fingers crossed for a GFA.

(((Fiona)))

Hope that doesn't turn into a cold.  I think when I had nhs orthotics I was told to get them checked every 2 years.

------------

Well done on everyone's training.  I managed to get out for 2.45 miles after work today.

04/07/2013 at 19:33

HM - Well done on the run

Fiona - Sounds like a good idea to have the night off!

Tek - That's a great run this morning

MG - Good work on the double run!

Stewart - Couple of good runs there

IJ - Nice 10 yesterday

----------

6.3 very windy miles for me tonight. Should have been a faster run, but decided I'll just tear round parkrun on Saturday for my dose of speed this week.

04/07/2013 at 21:28

20 mins stretching in the gym then 9 miles XC with the club. Lovely!

MG1
04/07/2013 at 21:31
Tek your 17.5 looks good to me, nice one, bought the brooks direct from there website so paid the full price, maybe when there avaialble through other shops online the will price will drop

Fiona hope the throat is better, nice to have that rest day
Stuart well doen on the 6.3 , hope the park run goes well.

1 hr of bootcamp tonight in the park with 7 others which was tough but good, then 1 hr with the trainer in the gym so knackered now, rest tomorrow maybe then Lr on saturday morning
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.