2013 Marathon Thread

501 to 520 of 5,289 messages
20/01/2013 at 20:09
NP- Lol! My other half has given up!
20/01/2013 at 20:17

NP - did you chuck a few buckets of snow in

I did the same thing a few weeks back and it sorted me out as well .... not sure i could have managed a cup of tea through the screaming though

Kirsty - welcome  i rarely run without my HR monitor. Take a look at the HADD training thread.

20/01/2013 at 20:23

Where did we get Kirsty from Ksizzlepod

20/01/2013 at 20:56

Some great running considering the current conditons..

Nice 20s Fiona/NP / Jason.

OH/MG1 well done on the 18s...OH like you I too a enjoying cold...but snow free running at the moment

StewartC great weeks mileage ..in the 50s now..no going back..

Tek you too good weekly mileage

SM6 yes tiredness through lack of sleep will affect HR just like any other form of tiredness or stress. a good 15 miles for you despite all that..

I didnt have to do any mp miles today "just" the regular 20 LSR so after 4.5 hours sleep following my 3rd night shift (just to make it sound dramatic   ) a freezing cold 3 hours 6 mins managed to run a neg split of 2 mins with AVE HR 72.2% MAX which I am dead chuffed with..as hr was low 80s for that pace last time I trained for a marathon..

Edited: 20/01/2013 at 20:57
20/01/2013 at 21:04
Mace- sure it was Kirsty before Ksizzlepod
NN - great running
21/01/2013 at 08:27

Great running NN, nice low HR.

I think a cold bath would finish me off after a long run, always freezing by the end!

4 easy miles to start the week off this morning.

F

HM4
21/01/2013 at 09:17

Well done guys.  It appears the paths are very slowly starting to thaw, however it's still very cold.

21/01/2013 at 09:20

Actually HM4, they arent round here. We had another 6ish inches last night on top of what we already had. And it's still snowing pretty heavily

21/01/2013 at 10:00

Don't think I could cope with a cold bath after a run (despite often going for a cold swim before/after a run) Still no snow here

NN 20 miles after a night shift sounds hard core!

21/01/2013 at 10:04

Nurse, great run in the cold and on little sleep.

A bit of slush here so i'm optimistic i could find a few spaces to run in tomorrow  after doing a bit of a reccy on the way to work

21/01/2013 at 11:24
Fiona well done on the easy 4 miles, you just don't know what your missing the cold bath is well worth it.
HM4 you need to get out while its clear.
Welcome Carter.
OH think the snow is heading your way.
Mace sounds like a plan.

Snow still falling here recovery/easy day so 54x25m swim this morning will get out later for a run
21/01/2013 at 14:43

Well done to everyone for some absolutely terrific Running.  I think the vast majority of folk did some terrific Long running.  No only am I impressed with the long runs - but the speed people are running at in training seems superb - especially when they are doing speed work midweek too.

In particular Fiona and NN training seems to see them training at speeds and distances that indicate that they are on track to blitz their marathon PB's. mace looks like he will have a storming at his first Marathon. Tek is building well after injury. NP & Jason are running times and distances that I cannot imagine in training and are on track for excellent runs to beat PB's too. Everyone Else, ( OH, Stewart, Stuart etc) are also putting in the miles and looking good. 

I am pleased with my last few weeks training, but if truth be told - I am far to slow, have been doing very limited speed work and eating too much.  I think I now need to get some speed in the legs and if that means reducing the mileage so be it.  That said - I did a 10 Mile bumble in the countryside this morning with Lulu. She loved it and it was enjoyable. So maybe some intervals when i am away with work this week..... we will see how that goes.  Oh yes And I need to get another 20 under the belt next weekend as I have only done 1 so far !!

keep up the good work folks.....Hopefully we will have a good Spring

Edited: 21/01/2013 at 14:44
21/01/2013 at 14:43

Snow now falling but not settling ...

21/01/2013 at 15:36

A cute video for you ......Lulu out in the snow with the wife !!! ...

http://youtu.be/Leggcuv47qM

( sorry for the self indulgence )

21/01/2013 at 15:50

NN - Well done on the 20, nice low HR too

NP - Good swimming

AGF - Still plenty of time before your marathon to get more 20s and speedwork in. You're well ahead of me, and I think we're running the same day.

------------

Sounds wild outside today, glad I ran yesterday  I'll do 6 or 7 miles tomorrow evening I think.

21/01/2013 at 17:35

AGF - there's a reason I don't post my training times

21/01/2013 at 19:36

AGF now you have the miles up start adding some more speed before you drop the miles you will be amazed what you can do even if it's a tempo or 1 mile intervals with 3 min recovery. You have nothing tp loose. Also great running yourself looks like Lulu is so full of energy.

SM6 Enjoy your run tomorrow night.

Just over 6 miles in the bank recovery run with 90% of the pace faster than my 20 yesterday legs feeling ok again.

21/01/2013 at 19:45

AGF- thanks. Tempo runs are the key now, rather than raw speed IMHO. Lulu looks full of beans!

NP- well done on the fast recovery run

2 recovery runs here for 13.25m today, followed by sports massage. Just took great pleasure in turning off the 5.30 running alarm for tomorrow- only 1 run on Tuesday this week, being a recovery week 

21/01/2013 at 19:52

Jason enjoy your sleep in.

MG1
21/01/2013 at 19:54
Nice easy 5 miles recovery run round the streets and parks of Harrogate in snow again , quite enjoyable to run somewhere new.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.