2013 Marathon Thread

621 to 640 of 5,289 messages
27/01/2013 at 17:09

Lots of great running going on, some in awful conditions. Well done everyone!

No running here this week yet, but lots of brisk walking instead. A total of 57 miles for the week.

I would like  to think that I am nearly full recovered and ready for some easy jogging this week  but I will see how it goes.

27/01/2013 at 17:15

NP- Oh Yes

kaz- fingers crossed

Recovery week done and dusted- lets get back to it!!

89.13m in 11.51.21 (7.59 av)

27/01/2013 at 17:33

Spark welcome back. Sorry to hear about the knee - take it easy and I'd stick to the 10% rule when re-building

Stewart well done on the 13 miles. Head's ok (now) thanks

Fiona nice easy 5m

MG glad the roads are back to normal. Can't help on the Hell Runner, sorry

NP fantastic 22m

Stuart well done on the non-drinking.  Well done on that weight loss !!

Jason well done that sounded really tough!

Kaz glad you're out and about - 57 miles walking is superb

---

Just discovered the date thingy on the Fetch training log, so...

63.1m in 9h44 (9:16 av pace) (I passed the "half Jason" test)

27/01/2013 at 18:17
Managed to get out but probably shouldn't have.

Decided to run a loop as I wasn't sure how it would go even though I felt ok when I started. Spent miles 9-14 trying to find a loo for a trot stop, most of that was up and down hills into the wind. Then as I got to my house at mile 16 I popped a gel and took a drink, started feeling a bit dizzy then half a mile down the road bailed out .... just hit me .... I felt I couldn't run another 100 yards let alone the 4.5M left

Have felt all afternoon that my bones have been chilled !!
27/01/2013 at 19:27

jason you madman!

kaz 57 miles walking!!  Well done, bet you can't wait to get running again.

mace hope you are ok, stay warm and recover before getting out again!

Nice stats Teknik and jason, just did the date thing (still use a paper diary too so just checking! ) 70 miles, 9h16m av pace 7:57mm.

F

27/01/2013 at 19:48

Fiona - I certainly can't. But I think the dog will be happier so the doesn't get walked as much!!!

27/01/2013 at 21:21

Well did another 7 tonight to make 14+  for the day. Pleased with that after yesterdays 20. Tomorrow will mainly be a rest day - partially becuase I am at a conference and the days timing and location means zero change of running ( partial excuse for a rest day ).

69 Miles for the week. Think This week coming had better be a rest week as that is now 4 high mileage weeks in a row and somehow. Less is sometimes more - I must think of that this week

I promise not to post any more photos of Lulu...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/150846_10151368062188094_1575853986_n.jpg

27/01/2013 at 21:27

57 Miles walking Kaz - great job. Good to hear your about to start running soon again too.

Jason/NP, well done both of you for some more brilliant running !!

Mace. Well done for giving it a go. You never know if you never try. Your mileage has been great. Think this is probably the body asking for a few rest days and early nights.  Plenty of Vit C helps too.  By neext weekend I am sure you will be rocking and rolling if you take a couple of days off !!

Stewart - well done on the 13 miles - this training will pay off !!

Tek - 63 miles - super work mate, especially as you have a few extra weeks until your marathon!! - You will arrive in very good shape if this continues !!

Hi Spark - sounds like a tough one. Hope the knee improves

Stuart - thats good dedication sir. I need some of that weight loss...It will certainly help come race day !!

Fiona - super mileage - but the really impressive thing is the speed for those miles. Very very good work !!

Hi MG - Hell runner sounds to tough for me - sure you will go smash it !!!

27/01/2013 at 21:31
AGF- great photo If you have just done 4 hard weeks then, YES, a recovery week is called for? At least, I wouldn't do more than 4, and often when things get speedier, 3
Edited: 27/01/2013 at 21:31
MG1
27/01/2013 at 21:37
AGF - Lulu looks gorgeous ! Nice training partner to have.
27/01/2013 at 21:55

Lulu is beautiful and please do keep posting photos of her.

F

HM4
28/01/2013 at 06:59

AGF,

That's one cute photo & dog.  Agree with Fiona .

MG,

Good luck.  The Hellrunner races are meant to be tough.

-----------

Well done on everyone's training.

28/01/2013 at 08:42
Kaz1 fantastic walking sure the dog will be glad of the rest.
Jason that's still more mile than me in your recovery week
Teknik that's a great weeks running.
Fiona 70 miles is great running taking into account the weather in Scotland
AFG another great weeks running and a great photo of Lulu but its about time you took your Christmas tree down
HM4 are you running today?

78.84 miles running and 1.84 miles swimming so just over 80 miles for the week
28/01/2013 at 11:14

AGF we like the pictures of Lulu!

last XC yesterday. Quiet running fortnight ahead (determined by work) although hopefully will get out next weekend again

28/01/2013 at 13:33

Jason - Well done on the race+extras, sounds a tough course

Mace - Well done for at least getting out there. Sounds like a few rest days are in order though!

KAz - 57 miles walked is seriously good going!

AGF - Good running, and nice picture of the dog

NP/Tek/Fiona/AGF/Jason - nice mileages for the week

-------------

17.3 miles @ 9.17 for me today. Would have been slightly easier if I hadn't eaten a mountain of porridge 45 minutes before going out...

47.5 miles for the week, aiming for 53ish this week including a 20 on Sunday or Monday.

28/01/2013 at 17:42

mace - sounds like a proper lurgy - rest up mate

Fiona super mileage and pace!!

jason sound advice

Kaz lol

AGF nice double (esp after the 20 miler); great week's total and I love the Lulu piccie. 

NP super week's mileage in and out of the pool

OH well done on the cross country

Stuart nice long run - good week's total

HM Happy Anniversary

---

Went out this morning for a slow 4m in case I CBAd on tonight's run to and from yoga.  With the rain and howling wind outside...sofa calling...

HM4
28/01/2013 at 18:11

Tek,

Thanks.

NP,

Yes.  I got out before all the rain - it's been raining constantly from about 1pm.  My legs were feeling quite heavy this morning, however 3 days in a row after 3 weeks of not running isn't a very good idea.  Depending on the weather I'm going to try & get out tomorrow as I've also got that day as holiday.

28/01/2013 at 18:27

A 5 mile brisk walk this  afternoon with a 1 mile jog tagged onto the end. All ok, no pain but it was only a mile!! But its a start.

28/01/2013 at 19:35
SM6 well done on the 17 miles and 47.5 for the week
Teknik well done on the 4 easy
HM4 happy anniversary and well done on getting out.
Kaz1 well done

54x25m swim and 4 miles easy with 8 sets of strides in it
MG1
28/01/2013 at 20:17
Nice hour and half of gym work, cross training , core and leg work.

Sm6 good run today and an impressive week
Tek nice little stroll for you today
No Pain, all that swimming is impressive.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.