2013 Marathon Thread

661 to 680 of 5,289 messages
HM4
29/01/2013 at 19:28

Tek,

Definately have done.

-----------

Well done on everyone's training.  Didn't manage to get out today as it's been really wet & windy.

29/01/2013 at 19:28

Teknik that sounds like a great midweek morning running club all the best with the charity work

SC Might jump in a cold bath later I have a little niggle in my right calf and the cold bath will help. Kettle now on the boil.

NN well done on the LT run and miles, I know what you mean about the rain but no macho me here 

29/01/2013 at 19:30

Forgot 4 miles recovery in the wind and rain. 14 tomorrow hope that wind drops.

29/01/2013 at 20:32

Not a good forecast here for tomorrow.

And heres the boy who's  been getting all the exercise.  He is 4 today!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/581164/gallery/joop_and_fender_(2).jpg?width=350

29/01/2013 at 20:38
Wow, what's the birthday boys name Kaz, ? He looks a happy boy with all the walking etc Bet he loves running around on all his walks !!
29/01/2013 at 20:43

Blimey I wouldn't want to feed him for a month..he looks huge

he is gorgeous Kaz 

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 20:43
29/01/2013 at 20:48

He is rather big! His name is Joop(kidz named him after aftershave). A very happy boy, and very much likes running around on walks but we have to be careful because people are rather intimidated by him!! He would never hurt anyone thou, and is just a big softy. Very much like Scooby Doo in mannerisms

29/01/2013 at 20:52
Happy BIrthday Joop
29/01/2013 at 21:11

Flying visit- only just got back in! Happy Birthday, Joop!

Had to juggle my schedule a bit- cos didn't get home from work until 7pm and tbh my legs are still feeling the effects of the enforced race on Sunday! so 5.xx and 6.5m recovery runs today- no chance of doing tempo run- but figure i did that -effort wise at least- on Sunday.

Eat and bed now- catch up tomorrow- good running all

29/01/2013 at 21:27
He looks lovely Kaz.

He even looks like scooby brilliant.

"I don't know" (scooby accent with shoulders moving )
MG1
29/01/2013 at 21:41
Just back from session with trainer in the gym., more leg work and interval speed work on the treadmill, legs feel sore but all for the cause I guess .

Kaz joop is one big unit of dog, looks like he can run and run and run!!
29/01/2013 at 21:45

Love the dog kaz!  He must be so happy with all the walks he's getting.

Well I think the 50mph winds have hit here, never run into such wind and the rain felt like it was taking my skin off - really sore!

Nice double NP, I see the wind got up for your recovery run! A good recovery double jason, not surprised the legs are feeling Sunday's race, that was a tough one!!

Good luck on the charity effort Teknik, that's a big number running for it.

NN fantastic pace on the LT run.

Pretty strong wind and rain here HM4, hope it calms down for you tomorrow.

Did 7.4m tonight with first half into the strongest wind I've ever run into and the rain . We binned the pyramid session on the way out as just impossible, getting blown about all over the place. Flying on the way back tho'!  

F

29/01/2013 at 21:46

Well done on the gym work MG1. I tried to get my weights done after the run but weights room was full, will try again early at the weekend.

F

29/01/2013 at 21:47
Kaz, he looks like a gentle giant,
NP, good recovery run enjoy the14 tomorrow, it's going to be a bit windy tomorrow according to the forecast
NN, you hit the pace well done, would have been tough in the wind
Jason, rest up you've been working hard

Tonight JS run was a 5 miler and it was blowing a gale here, kept the run flat as it was going to be hard enough.

5.19 miles 54 mins
30/01/2013 at 10:06

HM hope the weather's not too bad down there

NP nice recovery - hope the 14 goes ok today

Kaz wow what a great dog !

jason good double recoveries

AGF lol

MG well done in the gym and on the treddie

Fiona well done in the wind - tough stuff

Stewart well done on the 5m in a gale

---

Breakthrough run here this morning - 4m at 70%max, got below 9mm at that HR for the first time this campaign. Feeling good!  MP run tonight...

30/01/2013 at 11:00

50kts gusting over 60kts here
(just as well I'm grounded)
Well done to all those battling the wind StewartC FionaC
Tek - sounding good and on track

30/01/2013 at 12:54

Hi Everyone. A couple of days of non running is over and I jogged with the dog this morning. So I am back on it. Legs feel rested but I am tired after two days or drinking late into the night !!.....I am not as young as i used to be  Good fun though!

Well done on the breakthrough Tek. 

Be careful in the gusty wind folks !!

30/01/2013 at 13:00
Jason well done on getting the runs in yesterday
Fiona well done on yesterday's second run the wind here hasn't dropped its got worse
Teknik well done on the below 70% run.
OH this wind will keep you out of the water.
AGF well done on this mornings run not sure I could do the drinks thing.

Just under 14 miles for me this morning avg 7:45
30/01/2013 at 13:28

Well done Stewart, last night was tough!

Teknik nice breakthrough on the HR.

OH must be pretty wild with you, gusts of 129mph recorded not so far away from here!

AGF I'm sure the rest will have done you good.

NP same here, wind seems worse than last night (although not as bad as through the night) but hope it calms down for later. Well done on the 14.  Meant to be a longer one for me tonight but will see how far I manage in this weather, might just run at an easy pace.

F

Edited: 30/01/2013 at 13:29
30/01/2013 at 17:28
Fiona, there is no easy run in this wind, god luck this evening
Tek, Well done on the 70% breakthrough, enjoy the MP run tonight
AGF it takes me a couple of days to recover from a heavy drinking session
NP, another good run

Not sure if I should go to the gym or go for a run, it's rather windy at the moment.....I'll wait and see if it calms down before deciding
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.