2013 Marathon Thread

701 to 720 of 5,289 messages
31/01/2013 at 19:52

Tek- nice long run and mileage

AGF- good running too

NN- same to you- hope the car isn't too costly

Fiona- hope the rest and roller have done the job

Ended the month quietly here too with a couple of sloooow recovery runs

Monthly stats: 454.41m in 58.21.09 (7.42 av) Nearly 50m down on last year, but quite a bit quicker- not training for an ultra this year!

31/01/2013 at 19:53

Jason - Nice running last night

Tek - Great running the past 2 days. You're gonna be in great shape come marathon time. Nice totals for the month

Fiona - Well done on the treddy 6, rest day today sounds wise!

MG - Good luck with the LSR

AGF - Mighty running this month, mate

NN - Thats a good strong 14, and again, a great months running!

NP - Well done on the run in terrible conditions!

--------------

11.35 miles @ 9.35 for me today, felt good until the last mile and a bit when the heavens opened and the wind picked up! Rather glad I woke up 2 hours earlier than originally planned

Assuming I've loaded all my runs for the month onto Fetch, thats 166.3 miles @ 9.20 ave for me in January. Not too bad as I barely ran in December, and only decided I was doing a spring mara 2 weeks ago.

31/01/2013 at 20:19

NN is mum and dad paying enjoy your run.

Jason snap two easy runs today here as well great month of running for you sir 

SM6 Great running and a nice total for the month

Wind dropped for the second run of the day but the heavens opened total stats for the month are: Run miles 351.62 avg pace 7:39 time 44:51:55 Swim 7.01 miles  got to be happy with that Rest day  tomorrow.

MG1
31/01/2013 at 20:33
NP that is seriously impressive mileage and pace, good for you !!! Oh yes forgot about your swimming..
31/01/2013 at 21:35

Great stats jason, Stuart and NP.

For me 300.32 miles  (how the heck did that happen!?) ,40:48:44 av pace 8:09mm. Also did some weights. 

F

31/01/2013 at 22:26

NN, A cracking progressive run and for a low HR

NP, Wouldn't have thought a cold bath would be needed in that cold wind yesterday , great swiming and runing totals for the month, enjoy your rest day

Tek, another good run and totals for the month well done

AGF, some more good stats for the month well done

Fiona, hope the foam rolling does the trick, hope the run tomorrow goes well, great stats for the month and a very good pace

MG1, Glad the legs are on the mend

Jason, awesome mileage

SM6, another good run and totals for the month

10 miles for me tonight 3 miles to the gym and 7 with JS, ran an extra mile with another member as she want to get to 100 for the month, so being the galant lad that I am I said I would keep her company.

My stats for the month:

213 miles in 38:28:xx @ 10:51 77%

185 miles in 34:26:xx @ 11:11 75%(Dec)

Edited: 31/01/2013 at 22:27
01/02/2013 at 10:48
Fiona Fantastic stats for the month
SC great stats for the month and very gallant sir

Rest day today so 54x25m front crawl first time no pain in the wrist but a bit stiff after will get out later for an easy recovery run. I have that 10k trail race that has been rescheduled for tomorrow so will do it as a training session and see how I get on.
01/02/2013 at 16:46

AGF great month's total - well done on a new record!

NP lol. Nice double yesterday and a great month's tally (quicker than jason?). Good luck for the race tomorrow.

NN well done on the recovery run. Hope the service wasn't too costly!

HM thanks

Fiona hope the knee's better.  Wow 300m!

MG good luck on tomorrow's 20

Jason huge, huge total. Great running

Stuart nice 11m yesterday and well done on building back the miles

Stewart nice 10 miles yesterday, and a good month's total too.

---

My legs are mashed after yesterday's 19, plus massage and (too) hot yoga this morning (I was late and had to stand by the fire).  Nearly CBAd but managed a very stiff-legged 4m recovery this afternoon.

01/02/2013 at 16:50

I would like to congartulate you all on your monthly mileages and totals. Some very high totals and very good speeds. Brilliant work Everyone. 

Teknik - get those compression tights on to sort them legs !!

Good swimming NP - good to hear about the wrist..

stewart - I assume Galant = shes good looking !! 

A jog this morning and a faster run this afternoon so looking forward to a fish supper !!

01/02/2013 at 17:29

Stewart - Great total for the month!

NP - Nice swimmimg

Tek - Well done on getting out

AGF - Well done on the 2 runs, enough your dinner

---------

Legs are pretty achey today so non-running day, went to the gym instead. Weighed myself, and my weight seems to have risen this week, but I'm not concerned as I don't think that's completely right.

Parkrun is cancelled tomorrow So 10 miles or so on my lonesome in the morning. Maybe throw in some tempo if my legs feel upto it.

01/02/2013 at 18:38
Teknik watch you don't burn your bum on the fire well done with the recovery run.
AGF I thought the same lol great two runs enjoy your fish supper.
SM6 enjoy your 10 mile run and well done on the weights.

6 mile recovery run this afternoon.
HM4
01/02/2013 at 19:03

Well done guys.

It's not worth putting up my mileage total as it's under 10 miles for the month however it's miles on the board.

01/02/2013 at 19:48

Nice stats Stewart.

Fantastic that the wrist was a bit better NP, it's certainly long overdue!

Teknik I think I'd fall asleep if lying on a yoga mat next to a fire - sounds great!

AGF I hope the fish supper was good.

Stuart if the legs are achey take care on going too fast in tomorrow's run.

Miles are miles HM4 and you can build on that in February whereas the rest of us might be back a bit with it being a short month!

Did a 6 mile run today and although I can still feel the knee all the time it was fine when running so will just carry on with the stretching and foam roller and training.

Hope everyone has a good weekend of running and racing, enjoy the trail race NP.

F

01/02/2013 at 20:15

There was some serious mileage run during Jan thats for sure.

NP impressive swim miles too, good luck for your race...and yes mum paid, but of course he will pay me back...I wont hold my breath...lol

Stewartc what a gent getting that extra mile with that lady..your mileage is creeping up too

AGF enjoy that fish supper ..when is Brighton ?

SM6 its probably muscle don't fret over a few pounds

Tek not surprise your legs are tired after yesterday 19 well done on getting a 4 mile recovery done

HM4 10 miles is more than 99%   of the population have run..nice well done

Fiona..it HAPPENED  because you are motivated , fantastic running indeed

I Had a lovely hilly windy 11 miler late afternoon on one of my favourite routes, its been too dark to run that route recently when I get up, but it looks as if the days are gradually getting longer..I had to peg it a bit the last couple miles as it seemed to suddenly draw in and I had no head torch..

11 miles in 1.40 ave hr 72% nice and low so pleased considering the hills and wind

01/02/2013 at 20:35
Well done night nurse, especially for beating my jan mileage

Fiona, watch that knee and take some cut back soon. Less is sometimes more

Stuart, you have more muscles
01/02/2013 at 20:47

AGF WHEN IN BRIGHTON ?????

lol I wrote it in capitals as you didn't spot it last time..my son is doing the half there in 2 weeks I take it the marathon is later as you don't appear to be tapering 

01/02/2013 at 20:53
Lol, sorry night nurse. Brighton is 14th April. So 10 weeks I think. This means only 6 weeks of proper training when you take into account taper and a week in the sun for my wife's birthday. Good luck to your sun.
01/02/2013 at 20:56

The week in the sun will be a nice recovery week for you..what will you do will lulu ?

My son is hoping for under 1.35..its really annoying, this time last year he couldnt keep up with me, today I get a text saying he has just done 41 min 10k training run...oh to be 31 years old ...lol

01/02/2013 at 20:59

Had intended a pool swim following work after my SLOW "wooden legged" 5.5 miles with JS last night, but work had other ideas.
Weekend off now ...

No month count for me (I never do!) but some impressive totals around

AmGettingFitter (AGF) wrote (see)

stewart - I assume Galant = shes good looking !! 

LOL

Edited: 01/02/2013 at 20:59
01/02/2013 at 21:02
I am hoping the sun may help too Lulu with be with the sister/brother in law. We have had lots of folk offer to look after her

I think you have 1:35 in your locker NN . Just point your sun to your WAVA and sit back with wry satisfaction. Great to hear he has improved tho. Bet your proud of his improvement...
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.