2013 Marathon Thread

801 to 820 of 5,289 messages
MG1
05/02/2013 at 21:10
Cross trainin session tonight in gym for me and a little of strength work, was intending to go out but the weather was not good here (wimp)

Other H nice 20.44 in the conditions
NN good work with the two runs
Tek you just keep banging out those runs all very impressive

Away with work tomorrow so a rest day then hit road again on Thursday
05/02/2013 at 21:56
NP, snow here was slush by mid morning all gone by this evening, sounds like an enjoyable run this morning and the recovery sounded tough, I hear what you're saying about mp paces I'll just have to work out what mine will be, I'll edge on the side caution and go slow for now.

Kaz, that's encouraging getting no pain it is a good sign

Tek, thanks for the advice it is always appreciated, endurance is the key thing to work on and 4/5 20's will do that. A good 11 in the bank shame about Salzburg

Mace, welcome back hope you have recovered from your illness, a good 20 in the bank too

NN, well done on the double, first of many no doubt I'll be pestering you all for advice frequently

Only 4.5 miles tonight and in truth that was enough, I've been feeling a little under the weather, thought it was just in the head but the chest felt like it was burning,

Hopefully I'll be ok but I will rest tomorrow if I am still feeling crap
05/02/2013 at 22:07

Shame about your parkrun Stuart.

Hi to the new folks.

MG1 that's a lot of good gym sessions you doing. Finally got back to the weights tonight aftr my run.

Great that you are signed up Stewart and good to catch up tonight.

jason fingers crossed all goes well and so pleased you are not benched!! (touches wood).

NP nice snow running, as you say makes you stronger.

kaz great that the run did not cause any pain. Take care in the build up.

Tek why did you ever favour Salzburg over Milton Keynes in the first place!

NN nice double day.

mace hope you make a full recovery soon and get well soon HM4.

OH know what you mean, windy here tonight but great fun!

No running for me yesterday or this morning. Did a hill run tonight (mast run Stewart) and it was the muddiest I've ever seen with all the rain that fell on the snow, just mad, mud up to the ankles in places but great fun!! Toiled through it in the old road shoes but then had a blast on the downhill

Can feel the knee but considering the battering it took on the downhill not bad. Think I'll cut the doubles and opt for a low mileage week but get one run a day.

Just seen your post Stewart hope you feel better soon.

Off to watch NP's clip...

F

05/02/2013 at 22:24

Fiona look after that knee...your run sounds fun..I love running down hill

StewartC hope you feel better soon ..have a rest

Edited: 05/02/2013 at 22:25
05/02/2013 at 22:33
Just man flu, I'll be fine, hope the knee niggle clears up soon, just seen the route Ben posted it up on Facebook, it sounded brutal but fun well done
06/02/2013 at 08:48
SC well done with your run yesterday as for the man flu I'm sat in the Doctors waiting to see him about my wrist but I'm surrounded by all these people and there germs coughing and spluttering and all I want to do is run out of here

Fiona great hill work last night hope your enjoying your cut back week.

15 miles for me as soon as I can get out of here.......
06/02/2013 at 08:50

Don't breathe!!  Hope you have a good run NP and that the wrist is improving.

Enjoying the lie ins but getting a bit anxious about the low miles!

F

HM4
06/02/2013 at 09:01

NP

Your link didn't work for me.

Fiona,

Hope the knee improves soon.

-------

Well done on everyone's training.  I'm feeling a whole lot better than yesterday however will take things easy today.

06/02/2013 at 12:41

NP - i managed to view it ... the ol boy done good, and i'm guessing he's you  well done

Fiona - you've got plenty enough miles in you to deserve a bit of a rest, enjoy

15 MLR this morning .... jeez the wind really sucks doesn't it !!!

06/02/2013 at 12:50

Hi guys,

Well ive finally got the all clear from the consultant to get back to work and resume training again.Heading to the gym later for some "easy" aerobic stuff on the bike and some circuits as well(no squats ,boo)

Its been quite a quick six weeks tbh and at the moment ive no other focus than just to get some form of fitness back.Still been doing my core/medicine ball work at home but its no substitute for getting the old lungs really working again.

Alloa half in March is cancelled for me,id probably get round the course with no problems but this was one of my  "A" races for the year so im not going to enter unless i feel i could do it justice.

Still a bit of discomfort in my foot but apparently a metatarsal fracture takes 10-12 weeks to fully recover,so in the meantime its on the dreaded bike i go#arsecheekscuttingteeth

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 12:51
06/02/2013 at 14:35

HM4 Go on you tube and type in Born2run-Gosford six minutes into the video im the old guy trying to catch the young lad before the finish line.

Fiona tried holding my breath but after waiting over an hour I turned blue lol, you have no need to worry about low miles our doing great so far and a recovery week wont hurt As for the wrist well no change in the past 5 or 6 weeks.

Mace yep red vest over a red teeshirt and wearing shorts and gloves.

HI YC thats good news but the bike/turbo will keep your fitness up and it wont take long for you to get back into it. I know as thats what I did after the stress fracture last year.

15 miles MLR with 4 miles at LT and 1 mile MP in the VLM Bank

06/02/2013 at 17:13

NN nice (first) double day yesterday !

mace- well done for struggling through the lurgy and nailing that 20 miler on Sunday.  Good 15m in the wind today...

NP love the video. Hope the wrist gets better soon. Well done on the 15m + fast bits

HM glad you're feeling a bit better

OH awesome "exhilarating" 20 miler. Lol re MK

Kaz hope you're not too battered by the weather

MG nice gym work and enjoy the rest today

Stewart well done on getting out yesterday and hope you shake that bug soon

Fiona LOL.  Nice hill run last night; hope the knee recovers on the cut-back week.

YC welcome back mate. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

---

Really happy with the run this morning - 1m warm up then 9m at 80%-83%maxHR as a MP test - came out as 8:22mm on a 'rolling' tarmac route, and I only got up to c.80% for the last 4 miles.

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 17:15
06/02/2013 at 18:10

YC glad to hear you're back on the go if (predictably) not as fast as you'd like
Tek managing to hammer out a daily run
NP - nice long run
- are you throwing any more foul weather in our direction yet?
mace - try looking on it as a challenge (and forget the clock)

Nil for me today and not much for next 6 days (due to work)

HM4
06/02/2013 at 18:53

NP,

Great clip.  Well done.

06/02/2013 at 19:08
Thanks peeps, enjoyed that race as the last 10 k I had no pace what's so ever and when I tried to stay with people I normally can beat and couldn't it was a horrible feeling. But I felt I was back to where I should be on Saturday

Teknik great running and nice to see your back to where you want to be as well.
OH that was a great long run the other day missed it in the cross posting. Hope the wind is now going to start to drop
HM4 thanks
06/02/2013 at 19:26

Flying visit- I GOT THE JOB!!!!

Back running tomorrow- I've got a hilly half marathon on Sunday and will be nice to run it on fresh legs

06/02/2013 at 19:33
Congratulation jason what is the job?
06/02/2013 at 19:51

Jason - Congratulations 

NP - Nice wee video, Strong finish You also have an impressively low HR!

OH - Great long run, and good work not hitting the half mile

Tek - Great running, another big PB coming up? When is MK?

YC - Take it easy while getting back into the swing of things

Mace - Good run in the wind, it isn't pleasant at all!

Stewart - Take it easy til your feeling better

Fiona - Well done on weights and running

----------

Rest day yesterday then 4.01 (Would have been 3.9x without the traffic dodging) miles @ 9.20 for me tonight. I seem to up the pace a bit much on these runs on the flat (last mile was 8.30) need to remember to slow down as that's likely to be more like MP than easy pace.

Was going to have a recovery week, but legs felt ok tonight so think I might instead move upto 6 running days this week (~56 miles), then have a recovery next week.

With no parkruns to deal with I think I'm just going to ignore fast running, with the exception of Alloa, until after Lochaber. Less hard miles will hopefully mean less recovery needed Also means I have no excuse not to do a MLR on a Saturday.

06/02/2013 at 20:10

HM4 glad you are feeling better, hope you are too Stewart.

Love the clip NP! Good MLR from you.

mace nice MLR, the wind makes it really tough.

Great to hear you're back YC!

A pain when work gets in the way of running OH.

Teknik nice MP test, great result you must be pleased!

Congratulations jason!!

Good mileage there Stuart, a good sign if you're running at MP when it should be easy.

13 miles for me on muddy trails for less impact but no pace. Went ok, feel the knee but think it's a bit better, certainly no worse.

F

06/02/2013 at 20:19
NP, nice video a good strong finish to the race, nice 15 today, looking good for vlm
YC, welcome back
Tek, another good run looking good mate
OH, I also missed the 20 miler you did, hope the six days fly by so you can get back to it
Jason, congrats with the job good luck for the HM at the weekend
Fiona hope the knee is good
SM6, good run, sounds like a good plan enjoy the extra run

No running for me today, not feeling as bad as yesterday but I got bit of a cough, not chesty but thought rest was the prudent thing to do. Hoping to be back tomorrow, 11MLR probably 5 with JS and 3 either side
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.