2013 Marathon Thread

841 to 860 of 5,289 messages
08/02/2013 at 15:58

NN nice easy 5 yesterday and very well done on that 20 miler - nice low HR despite the headwind

HM hope you're felling better and enjoy the lie-in!

Stuart good easy 12m

NP well done on the 8 yesterday.

Fiona nice turbo - good decision to give the knee more time - looks like it did the trick...well done on the easy treddie 4m

MG glad you avoided the moron. Hellrunner is added now - good luck for tomorrow. Well done on that quick 6m last night.

Stewart LOL re fish finger sarnie. Good to hear you've shaken the man-flu. Nice 11m MLR yesterday.

AGF great 19m LSR and great HR print.  I hear you re hard/easy - my schedule will sort itself out soon. Enjoy the week-end race / tempo

---

Hot yoga this morning and a 4m recovery this afternoon. Left calf is cramping, hopefully the roller will fix it...

08/02/2013 at 16:00

new page, new Feb list...

09/02/13 Hellrunner   MG

10/02/13 Wokingham HM Johnas

10/02/13 Tregaron HM Jason D

10/02/13 Dursley Dozen Jaycmoore

17/02/13 Bramley 20  Teknik

17/02/13 Plymouth Hoe 10 Night Nurse

24/02/13 Malta    Emmy

08/02/2013 at 17:56
Fiona great running last night sounds like your enjoying the hill running nice early 4 miles today you going double? Knee 100%
SC 11 miles is 11 miles well done sir
MG1 nice 6 miles into the bank Hell runner sounds good.
AGF well done on the 19 miles and all the best for the 10k this weekend.
NN another fantastic 20 into the VLM bank
Teknik hot yoga again and 4 miles hope the foam roller did the trick with the niggle.
Well missed my swimming was up half the night with stomach problems think is was something I ate, anyway did 6 mile progressive on the treadmill at work late this afternoon up to 6:20 pace now feel 100% and fresh as a daisy hill run tomorrow.
MG1
08/02/2013 at 20:13
NN good 20 miler with a good steady pace
Tek hopefully the roller has worked.
No Pain you are a machine ; ) even when I'll, great pace on treadmill

Rest and hydrate for me tonight , get the race number on the shirt , timing chip on trail shoes and look forward to the mornings entertainment !
HM4
08/02/2013 at 21:11

Fiona,

Not a chance as after work tomorrow I need to go into Portsmouth.

Tek,

Thanks.  I will do.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.

08/02/2013 at 21:45

AGF, well done with the long run and a low HR, good luck with the 10k race this weekend

NN, Another good 20 in the bank, and it would have been an effort finishing into the wind

Tek, hope the roller sorts out the cramping calf, well done with the recovery and yoga

NP, glad the tummy issues are sorted, a good treadie session enjoy the hills tomorrow

MG1, good luck can't wait to hear all about it

I felt tired all day today and the motivation wasn't quite there, and I had a 8 mile with 4@ LT planned for this evening.  Got home and changed and gritted the teeth and went for it, 3 mile wu @11mm and in truth I wasn't looking forward to the tempo part of the run.  splits for the LT section were 9:01(81%) 8:56(85%) 8:58(86%) 8:52(87%).

Happy to get through it, went to Body balance after and I'm now feeling a lot more relaxed.

08/02/2013 at 23:56

AGF & NN - Great long runs

NP - Nice run, 6:20 is fairly tanking it!

MG - Enjoy tomorrow

Stewart - Nice run, good LT pace.

------

Planned to do 4 miles before the gym, but gave up at around 2.7, legs felt like lead. Lack of sleep today being the likely cause, think I'll be fine for a MLR tomorrow if i get a good sleep.

Quick gym session of chin ups, dips and lunges. Couldn't believe how busy the gym was on a Friday evening

09/02/2013 at 06:51

Good luck MG1, look forward to the report!

No double for me NP but hopefully back to normal from today.  Good to hear you got over the bug thing quickly and good TM run, that must be your first in a while?

Stuart nice gym sesion.

Stewart well done on toughing it out. It sounds like a lot of us are feeling tired at the mo, the training does take it's toll.

Teknik I hope the roller sorted things?

Off to get organised for my run....

F

09/02/2013 at 12:02
That up early Fiona. Hope run went well.
Well done for getting through it Stewart.
Good luck in today's race MG.

I missed the race. Conditions put me right of it. That said went to gym and dud 7 general aerobic + 10k tempo. Pleased with tempo as is an unofficial Pb and there's was more to give under race conditions
09/02/2013 at 12:36

Fiona sorry I thought you where doing a double yesterday, think it was something I ate as I felt great once it was through my system as for the treadmill going to be doing a few sessions again now I'm back at work. Which will ensure I can get some good running in at the one pace, 4 more weeks of 80+ miles now and going to start to add more tempo runs into the mix. Then 3 weeks of 60 to 70 mile weeks with even more tempo and MP sessions then its taper time

MG1 good luck with the race dont forget the report

SC well done with the LT running they are not easy.

HM4 you getting out for a run over the weekend?

SM6 Sounds like a rest day or recovery day wont hurt

AFG Conditions is the one thing thats out of our control but well done on the 10k PB.

Fiona hope your run went ok.

8 miles  today 4 up and 4 down, 73.78 miles for a cut back week for me

09/02/2013 at 12:49

NP speedy treddie run yesterday, and well done on the 8 mile hill run today. Well done on the mileage.

MG looking forward to the race report

HM hope you're ok

Stewart well done on the tempo run; glad you enjoyed the gym class

Stuart hope the legs are better. Well done on the gym work and hope the MLR goes ok

Fiona glad the knee's better. Hope the early morning run went well...

AGF super running on that treddie 10k

---

12m for me this morning.  Calf was ok until until I stopped, then the cramp struck again.  More rolling required.... Hope I'll  be ok for the Sunday club race.

Edited: 09/02/2013 at 12:50
09/02/2013 at 12:57

Teknik a pal of mine advised me a few years ago regarding cramp if you carry a sachet of vinegar and you start to cramp drink the vinegar. Cramp is caused by an electrical signal which is sent to the muscle when it's already contracted the acid will help to stop it and also stop the pain within the muscle after the cramp. I thought yer right thats going to work then I started to take a cramp during the night in my right calf the first couple of times it hurt like hell for a couple of days after. So I tried the vinegar one night and in a matter of minutes the pain had gone and I never suffered the after effects that lasted days before. Give it a try it could also work for you great 12 miles in the bank.

09/02/2013 at 13:01

thanks NP - I'll give it a go

09/02/2013 at 13:34

Great confidence boost to get an unofficial PB AGF!

Still slacking a bit yesterday NP but should be back to the doubles next week.  The treadmill is great for keeping the pace and great mileage for a cutback week.

Teknik hope the vinegar sorts you out.  Having said that I eat a lot of beetroot in vinegar which is great.

22 miles done here, ended up 8:04mm pace overall and a nice morning for a run - fog, still and no rain.

09/02/2013 at 13:50
Fiona that another great 22 miles in the VLM bank fantastic running.
AGF I put your new PB time into the calculator and it gives you a 3:15 marathon
09/02/2013 at 14:09
Super 22 Fiona.... All under 3hrs= very impressive.
Well done NP... Your well set up for your speedier weeks
Rest well Teknik.

We will see NP;)
09/02/2013 at 16:15

AGF - Nice 10k time!

Fiona - Great pace for that 22. What time are you aiming for at London?

Tek - Hope the calves aren't too troublesome. Well done on the 12m

NP - Good run, and nice total for a cutback week!

----------

11.33 miles @ 9.34 ave

Felt lazy this morning, took me nearly 4 hours from waking up to getting out the door. Felt fine once I did. I seem to have run 60 miles in the last 7 days, which I think is a record for me.

6 + gym tomorrow, 17-18 on Monday. Then recovery week, which I actually plan to go through with this time...

09/02/2013 at 16:16
SM6, good session at the gym, I needn't do more gym work
AGF, an official PB is just round the corner, well done
NP, Awesome totals for a cut back week, and a good hilly session today
Tek, another good run, hope you can get round the cramping, I cramped up at body balance, but I wasn't long finished my lt run, and I didn't rehydrate after.
Fiona, what a great run and speedy too, how's the knee holding up

Just a 4 mile recovery run for me today, a gentle plod on the riverside, 16 miles with 10@ MRP tomorrow, it will be a group run, but I'll do a few miles before and after.
HM4
09/02/2013 at 17:24

I'm fine guys.  Had a really busy today with work & then shopping in Portsmouth.  I'd like to get out for a run tomorrow but haven't checked the weather yet.

Well done on everyone's training.

MG1
09/02/2013 at 19:13
Well done everyone today on the runs and gym sessions.

Ran the Hell Runner in the middle today at Trentham park,nr Stoke onTrent.
Didnt really know what to expect other than it was going to be tough and boy I wasn't disappointed.

Woke to find it was snowing and sleeting which didn't exactly fill me with joy, event organisation was very good with chip timing and plenty of marshalls, the total distance was around 10 miles but the terrain was hard including 5 hills that were so steep that running up them was extremely tough, had to walk up three and going down was very tricky.

.There was also two crossings of the river Trent with water up to my chest which just froze the legs and a nice wade through a lake for good measure.

Trials were mix of mud and grass with a few bits on gravel trials. Definately the hardest race I have done with legs feleling wasted but good training all the same and no injuries so pretty happy, have to wait to see where I finished although not that important.

All in all would recommend to run at least once for challenge if nothing else.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.