2013 Marathon Thread

941 to 960 of 5,289 messages
13/02/2013 at 18:13

Forgot 15 miles easy/steady in heavy rain

13/02/2013 at 18:26
No Pain wrote (see)

Forgot 15 miles easy/steady in heavy rain

A bit like giving birth then ! you forget how bad it was .....at least I shall be able to forget when out with the gilrs tonight..steak followed by chocolate brownies for me..salad for that lot and  ""oh no pudding thanks !!" well they arent having any of mine !! I earned it.

13/02/2013 at 18:31
LOL it's great been able to eat what you like, watch you for my little pony turning up on your plate
I've still got a few pounds to lose before London but starting to get close to racing weight, you know your heading in the right direction when people tell you you need to put weight on
13/02/2013 at 18:35
That reminds me. A few years back me and a few mates had a discussion in the pub about characters in our town. Such as an old boy who is always out on his bike and is seen in random places like the central reserve on busy dual carriageways. Then we spoke about the nutter who we always saw out running in all weathers.

That nutter is now me lol.
13/02/2013 at 18:48
Not sure how that's only just posted as I composed it after my post earlier this afternoon ... Ho hum !!
13/02/2013 at 18:56
Tek, Pammie - thanks for the comments re intervals, makes sense.
13/02/2013 at 19:12

mace one night it was teeming down with rain really horrible. A friend said to me the next day You weren't that nutter out running last night

NN 22 years - will be 7 years for me this October. I dread what i do if i got a day job

HM4
13/02/2013 at 21:02

Well done guys.  Will be glad to see the back of this snow as we had snow showers on & off today.

MG1
13/02/2013 at 21:08
NN another good 15
No P your relentless
Fiona C nice 6 this morning

Dug out my Garmin heart rate monitor tonight and did a 4 mile run including 5 hill repeats in 36.32 at 9.07 , heart rate av 144 .

Will wear for the long run on sat to gauge HR over 20 m
13/02/2013 at 21:11

Fiona- nice MP run there

NN- Good double on the treadie and pilates session. As for feeling tired- don't forget that rest and recovery are as important to training as VO2 workouts! it's during the recovery phase that you actually improve- so you don't get faster while doing tempo runs, but you do while watching Corrie afterwards. So recovery days and recovery weeks are both important. most training plans will incorporate a recovery week after 3-4 weeks of increased training, before picking it up again.

Stewart- nice 5m

Tek- Ok, so you didn't hit pace- but it's still miles- similar story on my MLR today- wanted to run the last section a good deal faster, but Sunday's half and the AWFUL conditions meant it was a no go- miles in the bank though, like I say

Mace- nice VO2 session there!

NP_ Good luck with the 10k 2 weeks out! I would be terrified of a tweak or a trip or anything along those lines with NO chance of recovery. Not worth the candle of 18 weeks of training IMHO. Everything I run in the build up to the mara is exactly that- a build up- but that's probably why my 10k time is so crap lol! 

6.5m recovery for me this morning before a 15m run tonight in rain that was so cold it was impossible to believe it wasn't faling as snow. Guess who made the decision to run in shorts- BAD one! Got it sorted, but legs were very heavy still after Sunday's hilly race so couldn't run the last section as fast as I planned- that and the fact i couldn't feel anything below the waist and I was uncontroallably drooling because I had lost the use of my face muscles through the cold Still, like I said MILES IN THE BANK  

13/02/2013 at 22:02
Jason that's a massive days training, no chance of you getting into a cold bath to warm up a bit well after last year I'm throwing the kitchen sink at this one with plenty of speed work thrown in so will give the 10 k a blast two weeks out.

MG1 nice hill session.
13/02/2013 at 22:54

Tek, great pace for a low HR I'm blowing out my a** at those paces

Pammie, a good start well done

Mace, cracking pace for your 800 repeats

NN, good that you're sticking with pilates class, and a tricky 15 in freezing wind, well done

NP, well done with 15 in the pouring rain, I'm going to download the book onto my kindle

MG1, a good hill session, I alway wear my HR monitor, It's one of the things I like about running is all the stats that it generates

Jason, a grueling session this evening hope you've defrosted.

Tonight session for me was a 10 miler with 5 @ LT, conditions were poor to say the least, very windy and it was raining too.

Started with a 3 mile warmup folllowed by the 5 @LT and finished with a 2 mile cooldown.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/696098/gallery/13feb.jpg?width=350

A tough workout but felt strong in the last mile of LT, helps to have the wind at your back .

13/02/2013 at 23:28

"rest" day for me ( as far as physical exercise goes )

NN LOL love the sentiments on food

Well done to all those running in the rain today NP JSN ...

14/02/2013 at 06:49
Jason - sounds like a tough 15 lol @ the dribbling

NP - hope you get through the 10k alright. You're a brave man !!

Stewart - well done on the LT. I was thinking similar after my VO session yesterday, how some on here are hitting them paces on long runs. Really makes you appreciate their talent. Then you look at the top of the tree and see the elites doing 26 consecutive at 4.4x ..... Mind blowing !!!!
14/02/2013 at 06:51
MG - what's your max HR ?

OH - enjoy the rest
14/02/2013 at 08:10

SC nice running and good LT miles. You will enjoy the book.

7 miles easy/steady done atdark O'clock

14/02/2013 at 11:57

Pammie there's quite a few Hadd followers here - AGF, me, NN, mace, StewartC...

NP - got the book! Now just need to find the time to read it...Well done on yesterday's 15 miler, and the early 7m today.

NN lol hope you enjoyed the choccie brownies

HM thanks.  It's warmed up here today - snow's gone

MG well done on the hill session

jason thanks. Awesome running yesterday - hope it's warmer for you today!

Stewart well done on the LT run

OH hope you enjoyed the day off training

Kaz  Are you any better?

----

Awful run here this morning - cut short the planned 14 to 10.66m as I felt tired and sick.  I'll be taking it easy for a couple of days...

14/02/2013 at 12:59

Sorry to hear that Tek, take care

I set the alarm for 5.45 today intending to do a 6M recovery before work but it was blowing a gale and peeing down ... quick check of the weather forecast showed it'll be much nicer this evening so i turned over and slept for another hour .

OK, OK i bottled it but who wants to be running a recovery in that rubbish .... roll on this evening

14/02/2013 at 18:20

SC- good tempo running

Tek- take it easy, mate....

mace- Bottling a run??? Are you a man or a mace?

NP- nice dark running

No running in the dark for me cos it's my week off 6.5m run as dawn was breaking- lovely morning, and a similar distance this afternoon in SUNSHINE! Legs are starting to feel better which is just as well cos I  have a 20 with 12 at pMP planned for Sunday. The last 10m will be in a race which makes it easier- the plan is to pick up my number, set off for first lap of the route with last 2m at pmp- get back to the start line for the start and run the 10 at the same pace. I work out that if I set off at 8.49 I should get back 1min from the start

HM4
14/02/2013 at 18:35

Tek,

It's been really good down here.  It was a shame I had to do the weekly shop, otherwise I would have got out for a run.

--------

Well done on everyone's training.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.