2013 Marathon Thread

1,041 to 1,060 of 5,289 messages
MG1
18/02/2013 at 19:39
AGF - hope you are on the mend plenty of lurgy around right now
NN - nice bit training , it all helps I am sure
SM6 - super 20 and a good weeks effort for the whole week
Tek - steady little jog tonight,

1 hour gym session for me including 35 mins of the step machine which certainly got the legs moving again.
18/02/2013 at 20:23

Hi, everyone! Sorry I havent posted in a while, had a bit of problems with my ITB. Sports Massage on my thighs, a bit of taping and plenty of squats and lunges has seemed to have done the trick. Had a few recovery runs last week and a steady run on saturday and a tempo run today and im feeling in top shape. The sports massage has really helped imo, my legs feel much looser. The physio said my quads were very tight and i had weak muscles in my bum lol. Looking forward to getting my teeth back into training. Hope everyone is doing good .

Darren x

18/02/2013 at 21:10

Good luck to your mate Stuart!  A good week's training. I normally have a gel at 8/10 and one at 14/15 miles, seems to keep me going.

AGF good to hear you are on the mend. No run for me today.

Make the most of the rest day mace.

Nice recovery runs NN, Teknik, NP and gym session MG1.

Good that you are back training Spark.

Legs feel fine but thought the knee might appreciate a break so a 10 mile turbo in 28:40. Back to it tomorrow.

F

HM4
18/02/2013 at 21:37

Well done on everyone's training.

19/02/2013 at 09:07
Some nice cross training with weights and turbo sessions
Up early at dark o'clock for an interval/LT session only to find thick fog and black ice so had to settle for 7 miles steady, will get a session in on the treadmill later, hope everyone has clear paths to run on.
19/02/2013 at 10:03

AGF, hope you have recovered from the flu

Fiona, MG1, NN, looks like Monday a good day for cross training 

Spark, welcome back 

SM6, can't believe there is only 8 weeks until Lochaber, it's getting close, well done on the 20 and in good time too, re nutrition I used jelly babies and a 500ml water with a Zero tab in it, I'm going to try a couple of gels next time to see if there is any difference

Tek, nice recovery run

NP, temperatures have dropped here too, the tights will be back on tonight that's for sure, I've been reading the book, up to chapter 3, it is well written and it is an interesting read.

This week according to P&D is a recovery one, so I decided to rest yesterday after Sunday's long run, today was also scheduled for rest or cross training but I would prefer to run so I'll  move one of this week's runs forward and I'll bank the rest day 

19/02/2013 at 11:32

Thanks for the best wishes guys. I am still snuffly - but coming through. Plan a small jog tonight.

I will not be around much for next couple of weeks as I am either busy at work or away to celebrate the wifes Birthday.

Keep up the good training

19/02/2013 at 11:45

NP nice training yesterday, well done on the steady 7 - shame about the temperature dropping again.  I skimmed through the book, shutting it quickly after noticing the "fartlek" and "hills" in bold...it's back on the "to do (later)" list.

MG nice gym session

Spark welcome back

Fiona well done on the turbo. Hope the knee's ok this morning

HM thanks

Stewart I like your thinking

AGF hope tonight's jog goes ok.

---

13m this morning including some miles with the club - aaaagh fartlek session!

19/02/2013 at 12:38

Afternoon,

Tek have a good run at least the weather is kinder at the moment which does help make the harder sessions a bit more enjoyable

NP well done on the early run.

SC you are as bad as me I struggle with rest days and only have one when I am knackered as long as you take it easy a nice recovery jog isn't going to hurt

Busy morning for me had to squeeze everything in as on an afternoon shift and wont get home till 9 tonight .

Schedule today was 10 miles GA so made it a bit more interesting, I did 1 mile warm up then 7 miles MP ave 8.09s then 3 miles @9s...quick shower then pilates class, which is harder than anything else I do, my balance is crap but guess it can only get better.

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 12:39
19/02/2013 at 14:10

Good to see you back Spark

Tek - i'm sure the HR monitor makes a run harder anyway, if only because of the bloody stressing

Nurse - nice to see you're mixing it up

NP - black ice sounds nasty, take care 

Well after the weekend's racing i've got all excited and whacked myself in for a couple of races  

Thanet 20 ( 3rd March )

Lydd Half ( 10th March )

HM4
19/02/2013 at 19:08

NP,

Paths are clear here at the mo, which is just as well as I'm going to get out for a run tomorrow.

---------

Well done on everyone's training.

19/02/2013 at 20:15
Late on here as more people where out looking at the house, I have never known the housing market so bad......
SC the books a good read and there is lots to think about and use, hope your run tonight went ok.
AGF hope your run went ok and it's not long before your fully fit again.
Teknik well done on the 13 mile run and a few Farlek sessions within it, you know it's the only way to get faster
NN great running and pace well done with the Pilates.
Mace nice to see you doing some races.
MH4 hope you get out into the fresh air tomorrow.

Well second run of the day was an interval session on the treadmill during lunch time at work, half mile warm up then 7 x half miles @ 5:24 pace with half mile recovers @ 8:20 pace in between and 7 miles in total. Enjoyed this after the first one and felt as if I could have done more and a bit faster so very happy about this.
19/02/2013 at 21:47

A quality double NP.  Great to feel the legs still have something in them at the end of a tough session.

AGF good timing on the hols after the flu.

Stewart were you at js tonight? Very foggy out there!

Teknik unusual having a club run in the morning, do lots go to it?

NN nice MP run, good to make things morre interesting.

mace great to have some races in the diary.

I hope the weather is nice for your run tomorrow HM4.

4 miles easy this morning and 7 miles with the group tonight. Very foggy and some ice up the hill so easy paced all the way.

F

MG1
19/02/2013 at 21:52
Training session with trainer tonight on core and legs which was tough, looking forward to running tomorrow.

NP another great days training from you!!!
NN - nice 10 miles
Tek 13 into the training bank, well done
19/02/2013 at 22:02
AGF, glad you're getting better hope the run this evening went well
Tek, a tough session by the sounds of it well done
NN, great running glad you're sticking with class I am enjoying the body balance class
Mace, go for it I'm sure you'll do great
HM4, enjoy you're run tomorrow
NP, the run went well, another great double day of running, and its a good sign feeling you could give more at the end of it

Tonight's JS session was a 5 mile easy run with a hill in it, ran the hill hard and felt good for doing it.
5.6m in 58mins @10:20mm
19/02/2013 at 22:17
Fiona another great double day in the VLM bank.
MG1 sounds like a nice core session enjoy your run tomorrow.
SC nice hill session, hills will make you strong.
19/02/2013 at 23:04

SC yes learn to love the hills ( I bloody hate them ) I get overtaken all the time on hills, When it comes to down hill though look out no one and I mean no one will catch me I really can fly down them,so I make my ground up then,

Mace nice to get some races to look forward to to break thing up a bit, I would love to get a 20 mile race done but the nearest to me is the Duchy and on the same day as my half, there is the Gloucester 20 on the 17th but its a 2 hour drive,

HM4 enjoy your run tomorrow 

MG1 I bet its a quality work out and no slacking doing core work under instruction well done,

Fiona I take it the knee is ok ? nice double day 

NP nice interval session there, I may resort to the treadmill for mine tomorrow , its so undulating round here and hard to find a nice long enough flatish stretch unless I go into town and use the track...now theres a thought. will avoid the club session though as it tends to get too competitive and  end up tasting blood and feeling sick 

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 23:05
20/02/2013 at 07:56
Blood/sick. Surely that's what intervals are about NN

5miles this morning tells me that things are improving.... But mega busy at moment so not sure when next run will be. Will squeeze in somewhere...

Thank you for the get well wishes... Is appreciated !!
Edited: 20/02/2013 at 07:57
20/02/2013 at 08:08

MG good core work, hope the legs are not too tired today! I did weights last night after the run.

Stewart hope your son is home now. We went to the mast but it was a nice easy pace.

NN sounds like I need to push myself more on intervals! Makes sense to use the treadmill for consistency.

AGF good to get the run when you can.

Knee always reminding me that it is not really happy, alarm went off this morning and I did get changed for my run then decided to save it til later as MLR planned this afternoon. Might start to turbo in the morning instead of the short runs, mileage will be less which is not great but I'll still get some cardio and maybe help the knee....not sure? 

F

20/02/2013 at 08:27

....or run the easy 4 miles at a slower pace Fiona.... ( Gobi used to run recovery at 9mm ). Hope it improves for you....

1,041 to 1,060 of 5,289 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.