2013 Marathon Thread

1,301 to 1,320 of 5,289 messages
04/03/2013 at 21:23

Sorry mace left off the congratulations for you too - well done on beating your target.

04/03/2013 at 21:33

Stuart good 10 miler yesterday. Hope the 20 went ok

Stewart thanks

Jason well done on last night's recovery / sprint and nice double again today

AGF based on that sub 1:30 you must be hovering near 3:15 now.

mace your Thanet 20 was the run I should have done. Great running and, as AGF says, plenty in the tank.

NN oh no! Wish you well very soon

NP well done on the swimming, domestic cross-training and recovery run

OH LoL yes, and compulsory tattoo for all the finishers...hope you shake that niggle soon.

MG well done on the gym work.

Fiona nice recovery and speedwork double today.

HM thanks hope you're ok

---

No signs, fortunately, of any bad effects from yesterday's stupidity.  4m recovery, legs ok.

04/03/2013 at 21:49
NN, hope you're feeling better now,
Jason, good too see you back at it,
NP, well done with the swim and recovery run, can't believe you're cutting the grass already
OH, well done with the 6, it's encouraging that the foot is no worse, some of the paces being run here I couldn't hit in an interval session,
MG1, well done getting a good workout done
Fiona, great double today after yesterday's 21 mile run

6 mile recovery run for me this evening, kept the pace about10:30mm until the last mile, finished with a 9:30min mile
04/03/2013 at 21:50

nice recovery run Stewart

04/03/2013 at 21:50
Xpost
Tek, glad there are no ill effects from your race yesterday, well done with the recovery run
Edited: 04/03/2013 at 21:51
05/03/2013 at 08:41

Teknik and Stewart, nice recovery running.

Up early but decided that stretching, foam roller and core work probably of more benefit than a recovery run. Will be out later.

F

05/03/2013 at 10:16

Nurse - get better soon, sorry you had to miss out on the nippers

Tek - good to see you've come out of the 20 ok, a good sign

Fiona - nice work .. i'm really getting into the foam rolling, they're super gadgets  in fact i've done a lot more stretching and flexibility stuff lately, and have realised how beneficial it is. Core i've never had a problem with but the rest i've neglected which is a big mistake.

NP - book arrived yesterday ( art of running faster ) ... interesting read. concentrated on my "pulling" today

Great training everyone

What a beautiful morning !!! First run in a single layer since i've forgotten when

10M w 6 x 1000 @ 5k ( 2min recoveries ) .. intervals run along the seafront promenade as the sun came up with a perfectly still sea.

Aimed for 6:30 and did ... 6:30, 6:30, 6:26, 6:30, 6:28, 6:29 .... was working fairly hard to make the last one.

Overall the intervals had me sweating, puffing and spluttering a bit and i had a very pleasant ache in the legs on the cool down home

05/03/2013 at 12:03

Still not too good, bit better but no way well enough to run or do much  really pissed off as its a beautiful day, and would love to get out for a run.

Mace fast reps so close to that brilliant 20 miler well done..it is indeed a gorgeous day , the best in ages and I am in bed !!!!!

Tek and StewartC nice to get some easy recovery runs done after a hard weekend 

Fiona you know whats best for you have a good run later, I must get a foam roller, I dont feel I suffer any aches and pains but feel as if I a missing out on something by not having one..

05/03/2013 at 12:14

Nurse, mine was £15 off Amazon , excellent buy.

I was getting some soreness in the top of my legs and after having it for a couple of days i found some really tender spots really high up the thigh around the groin area. I rolled them and was close to crying  ... next day i rolled again and it was uncomfortable .... the day after i felt NOTHING !! 

Since then it's really helped with various tight spots

Money well spent i reckon.

Hope you can get out soon ...

Edited: 05/03/2013 at 12:15
05/03/2013 at 12:14

Fiona good work on the roller - enjoy your run later

mace super interval session - great splits

NN sorry you're still not right

---

13.5 miles this morning, with the middle 6 with the club.  Bright sunshine, but still a little chilly here.

05/03/2013 at 12:16

x-post, cheers Tek, nice 13.5

05/03/2013 at 13:57
Mace enjoy the book
Fiona nice to do the other stuff.
Teknik nice running sir
NN get well soon but the rest won't hurt.

Up and out at dark o'clock very cold here and lots of ice so did 1 mile warm up 2 tempo 1 steady 2 tempo 1 steady. Happy with the splits for this and driving that lactate level back some more
05/03/2013 at 16:59

It sounds like a few of us are "suffering" from tough runs at the weekend. Althogh I am very impressed with some of the tempo/intervals that were run yesterday.  Well done guys.

I did a couple of very short jogs yesterday and plan the same today. This will be a low mileage week I think as legs are very heavy after the weekend run !!

HM4
05/03/2013 at 19:05

NP,

I started week 2 yesterday which was a total of 25 press ups.

Tek,

I'm fine.

---------

Well done on everyone's training.

2.46 miles done this morning.  If I can get out again this week then I'll start a 10k plan.  I've also entered my first race which is in May (Hook 2.5 mile race).

05/03/2013 at 19:17

NP- cold here this morning- minus 2 and I was scraping ice from the car in a pair of shorts- lol! Nice tempo intervals

On the roller front, i've got The Stick

Tek- nice running again

NN- hope the recovery continues

Stewart- nice recovery

HM4- well done on the press ups and the run

6m recovery run for me this morning- started at 5.45 and for the first time this year, i could turn my headtorch off for the last 2m 10m with 8x100 strides this evening in 1.13.28 and my legs are starting to feel looser again

HM4
05/03/2013 at 19:39

Jason,

Thanks & well done to you.

05/03/2013 at 19:45
HM4 well done on the press ups and run nice to have a plan.
AGF enjoy the recovery runs today more speed by the weekend.
Jason snap scraped mine off before I went in for my shower, well done on your run.

Second tempo run of the day done this time on a treadmill at work 1 mile and cool down at 8:00 pace and 5 miles at 6:15 pace. Legs feeling good and could have done more at this pace.
05/03/2013 at 20:30
Mace. Don't tell the wife that you have been practicing you pulling technique

NP, tonight's run was bad... Needs a days rest. Fair enough. Well done on your runs though..

Stewart/Jason/Tek, good running !!

I too use the stick. Like it portability... ( I also like the carrot)
Edited: 05/03/2013 at 20:37
MG1
05/03/2013 at 20:39
Up against time tonight so a treadmill run and got the roller out as muscles were felling a bit tight, seems to be working for me but can be a painful in particular spots

Nice efforts Tek, NP, Jason

Shame no chance of getting out today as the weather was super!
05/03/2013 at 20:56
Just finished inflicting pain on myself - first with medicine ball and then with massage stick.....
1,301 to 1,320 of 5,289 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.