07/03/2013 at 08:42

Tek,

Thanks.

AGF,

Hope you recover soon.

-------

Well done on everyone's training.

07/03/2013 at 10:00

OH I can't believe it's Loch Katrine already!  Hope the weather doesn't turn out as cold as forecast...

HM what's the press-up challenge this week?

Fiona nice 12m yesterday in the freezing cold.  Lol at the packing - enjoy the conference

NP good news!

Jason you're right. Stoopid idea.  I'll try to get the LSR run in on Saturday and leave the tempo alone.  Well done on the 12m last night.

AGF you deserve those days off - plus you always seem to bouce back so much faster after each short rest!

MG hope the legs are feeling better

Stewart big session last night - well done on the tempo miles

mace are you racing Lydd, or using it as a MP part of a long run?

---

I've had a few weeks of a hard Tues MLR / Wed 10m @MP / Thur LSR back-to-back, and I'm glad I scrapped the LSR today.  My head is in a happier place, and I felt much better today after just doing 5m easy.

Edited: 07/03/2013 at 10:01
07/03/2013 at 10:29

I know how you feel Tek, I've also been feeling tired, this week's training has been hard , recovery run this evening with JS probably around 5 miles, I'm planning to be at the back of the group

07/03/2013 at 11:41

Nurse - i'm doing Brighton  

AGF - not surprised you're feeling it, that HM was immense

Tek - 'kin el  that's a tough Tues, Weds, Thurs , you deserve an easy run. Lydd will be 18 w 14 @ MP .... i haven't decided what MP is though as although i've been talking myself into being careful, i've now got a devil on my shoulder telling me to go for it. It didn't help yesterday when i did 15M of the Thanet 20 course and averaged 8:14 ( a whole second quicker than Sunday ) @ 72% which was 8% better than Sunday.

Stewart - i'm feeling on the tired side as well, but i guess that's to be expected. Sleeping like a baby at the moment .... once i can get to sleep that is, after having yet another hour thinking about what my MP should be

Nice traing everyone 

07/03/2013 at 11:42

Stewart - i keep meaning to ask, what's JS ?

07/03/2013 at 11:50

mace nice running on that 15m - what HR% were you from 11 to 15m?

Stewart thanks, enjoy the slow recovery tonight

07/03/2013 at 11:59

Tek - i haven't got the numbers on me at the moment but i think ( from the brief look i had post run ) it was around 78% last mile ... but that mile has a climb of about 100 ft and i gave it a bit of welly last 200m. I'll have a look later this evening and get back with some numbers.

07/03/2013 at 15:49

Mace, JS = Jog Scotland, and still a good HR with a hill and a sprint in it

07/03/2013 at 19:33

AGF hope the rest day has helped.

Fiona so long as you packed your little black number Sounds like your planning a few miles.

MG1 hope you have also had a good rest day.

SC well done on the LT run these sessions will help push your lactate level back so you can run faster for longer before it builds up to much hard but well worth the effort. Firesac on Fetch.

Teknik back to back hard days are hard work you will benift from the recovery run.

Mace well done on the MLR yesterday

6 miles easy/recovery this morning at dark o'clock and 5 miles progressive Tempo up to 6:00 pace Tomorrow is swim and 6 easy/recovery, as I'm working tomorrow and tomorrow night I'm going to give a park run a blast just as a speed session

07/03/2013 at 19:37

Been a few days since I've posted, looks a excellent training happening.

Had a disaster on my LSR on Monday, felt really ill. Short run and swim on Tuesday. 10.3 miles @7.56 average tonight. That should be about MP, despite my HRM claiming its more like HMP... 

07/03/2013 at 20:50

6 miles done tonight with JS group. Wet cold and windy. Last run before mara - foot no worse.
Tek - good decision on the easy
mace - good pace on your 15
NP - Good training.  still not thanking you for sending us your weather

07/03/2013 at 20:54
OH getting. Bad again here cold and wet.
MG1
07/03/2013 at 21:06
SM6 good run tonight
NP another quality day from you , super effort
Tek well done on the easy hope the batteries are recharged.

Did a nice 30 mims treadmill run followed by a hard gym cardio and core session with the trainer, now looking forward to my long run on Saturday morning
HM4
07/03/2013 at 21:16

Tek,

Did wk 2 day 2 this morning, which was 5 press ups 90 sec recovery, 6 with 90 sec recovery, 4 with 90 sec recovery, 4 with 90 sec recovery then the max I could do which had to be at least 7 & did 10.  So a total of 29 press ups.

-----------

Well done on everyone's training.

07/03/2013 at 22:54
NP, nice double today and a speedy tempo run, I do agree the LT sessions are hard but I do enjoy them,
SM6, great run tonight, quick too
OH, good luck for the race at the weekend
MG1, good running and cross training a good days training
HM, good work with those press ups

Tonight's JS run was 6 miles at a comfortable pace with some hills in it, 10:30mm and I felt good all the way round, rest day tomorrow so a little gym work followed by body balance.
08/03/2013 at 12:18

Mmm
gale foce easterly winds was not what I had in mind for and overnight boat trip to Aberdeen

08/03/2013 at 14:12

Feeling alot better and managed to get out for a 7 miler last night at just over 8.30s..heart rate fine and legs ok, so picking the schedule up again properly sometime over the weekend, between babysitting and working !!

OH oh how exciting someone off the thread doing a marathon this weekend, cant wait to see how you do, what time are you hoping for ? hope the weather improves for you, a bit of rain is ok even a chill, but you could do without the winds

08/03/2013 at 15:55

mace - tap, tap, tap...numbers?

NP nice double yesterday

Stuart sorry to hear the LSR went badly...well done on the 10 miler

OH glad the foot's no worse.  Enjoy the boat trip!!

MG well done on the treddie and gym work - good luck on the LR tomorrow

Stewart well done on the JS run and enjoy the cross training

HM it's amazing how quickly those sets build up over the weeks - well done

NN glad you're up and out there - nice 7 miles

----

Enjoying a cut-back week...massage and 90 minutes hot yoga with ten sweaty women, then a 3 mile recovery waddle. 

Edited: 08/03/2013 at 15:58
08/03/2013 at 16:15
Oh.... Hope the trip and marathon goes well. Good luck.

Tek/NP/HM4/Stuart/MG, well done with your yoga/press ups runs etc

NN, glad you back at it.

This weekend I will be mainly tipsy in the big smoke of londonium legs feel a little better but not sorted . Hoping to run Monday.
08/03/2013 at 16:16

Racers this weekend

10/03/13 Loch Katrine                   OH

10/03/13 Lydd HM                         Mace

10/03/13 Cambridge HM                sevendaughters

1,341 to 1,360 of 5,289 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.