2013 Marathon Thread

1,401 to 1,420 of 5,289 messages
10/03/2013 at 18:13
Mace fantastic PB by 11 minutes that's brilliant.
Fiona we still need to see the Photo snowing again here
OH great running in very poor conditions but I have to ask have you every swam when it's been snowing? Hope the legs don't take too long to get back to normal.
SM6 think there is a man suit that needs zipping up
HM4 well done on the mile run.
10/03/2013 at 18:44

Quck post meant to be working...MACE wow..welldne you  !!!

10/03/2013 at 19:49
Only 1 missed run this week, so mileage getting back up there 103.1 for the week ave pace 7.30
10/03/2013 at 20:40

NN nice 20 miler - good splits, well done

MG thanks

NP well done on the 22 in the cold/wind/ bomb scare

Jason fantastic splits on that 24 miler!!  Well done on a three figure week

Mace . I can't believe how quickly you're improving - 11 minutes HM PB while running at planned MP!! Enjoy stuffing yourself

Fiona thanks

OH WELL DONE Terrible conditions, glad everything survived.  Lol at the swimming. 

HM well done for getting out there, and thanks

Stuart blimey, hope the weather settles down so you can run.

10/03/2013 at 21:27

TBH I quite enjoyed the conditions.
The rate limiting factors were more my left foot and the "undulating" terrain.

NP yes  - add in after dark and F9 (onshore) gale albeit in company and not having just run marathon

10/03/2013 at 21:51
OH yep your mad lol
10/03/2013 at 22:11

Got outside for about an hour. The snow has frozen on the ground, and its bloody dangerous out there.

I really need to melt before I go out tomorrow afternoon, or i might have to seriously consider a treddy LSR. That appeals to me slightly less than being repeated punched in the face by Mike Tyson

10/03/2013 at 22:54

OH just seen your post, sounds like a damn tough run in bad conditions and its amazing that you still manage to  appreciate the scenery well done

fab long run Jason and NP (as usual ) NP do you go up to 24 ?

SM6 that is exactly why I went and got mine out the way today, even after a late night and having to work this afternoon....the weather looks even worse tomorrow, enjoy your long run wherever you do it. 4-5 on a treddy I could cope with but a long run !!

Once again well done Mace on that 11 min pb...thats just silly.. but brilliant..

Edited: 10/03/2013 at 22:55
11/03/2013 at 10:59

SM6, I'm normally a zombie with a hangover so well done getting a tempo run done with one

MG, another 20 in the bank well done

Jason, great running at the weekend and your totals for the week are awesome

NP, great running again, and adding a bomb scare into the run alongside fighting the elements, awesome stuff

NN, a strong 20 in the bank, well done

Fiona, Arctic conditions out there probably a good 

Tek, A good weekend of running for you, congrats on the 1st place

Mace, Congrats a new PB, brilliant news

OH, the conditions sounded horrendous, well done surviving the course

HM, well done getting out for a run

I was planning a interval session this evening, but there is snow on the ground and it is freezing out there so I am in two minds, especially with the HM on Sunday.

I'm going to try and get some faster sessions in between now and Thursday and look to lightly stretch the legs on Saturday, does this sound like a sensible build up to the race?

11/03/2013 at 11:09

StuartC , if you are going to do an interval session at all this week do it today or tomorrow, no later if racing Sunday. Have you got access to a treadmill to get the done today ?

No snow here but its bloody freezing and VERY windy..so just a little recovery run on treadmill later for me.

11/03/2013 at 11:43

NN, Yeah I could do it at the gym if needs must

11/03/2013 at 12:04
Sm6 well done for getting out, still bloody cold and windy here....
NN no last year I did 3x 23 mile runs but don't see any great need now to go past 22
11/03/2013 at 12:06
SC ditto what NN has said takes 4 days to recover from speed sessions.
1 mile swim this morning out later for a recovery run
11/03/2013 at 12:45

Would doing a tempo run on the Thursday be ok, looking to build up to HM pace or is this too close too?

11/03/2013 at 15:10

NP just asked you the same question on the other thread....phew I was thinking  maybe one more 22 myself...3 weeks out would that be ok ?

SC I wouldnt do a tempo that close if you are racing all out..maybe just a few MP miles ..thats what Fiona did ...and I copied her..

11/03/2013 at 15:20

Wow - A weekend away and some fantastic running has been going on elsewhere.

Firstly congratulations to OH on an excellent marathon. Well done sir in very testing conditions.

Secondly - brilliant running mace for a 11min PB. It was a soft PB based on your brighton goals and training this year - but nethertheless the run was very strong and sets you up for brighton Nicely. be proud and go into brighton with Confidence

Eevryone else seems to have done some fantastic running too. For fear of repeating myself well done on all your long runs. Some very good faster stuff too. Most folk on this thread really sound like thier training is coming together and can go into April Marathons with some confidence.

Well after 5 days of no running I Ventured out with Lulu first this for a waddle around the racecourse in snowing conditions. All Fine tho so ran at lunchtime too. 6 miles are MP. All good. Nice to be running again

11/03/2013 at 17:59

Stuart well done for getting out yesterday.  Hope you manage the LSR somehow/somewhere today

NN enjoy the treddie recovery

Stewart if you're looking at racing the Half, I'd just take it easy this week

AGF welcome back. Nice Lulu run and well done on the lunchtime 6 @ MP. Are you still running the Warwick Castle half or have you binned that now?

OH how do you feel today (warmer, I hope)?

---

Cold and windy here. Snow didn't settle.  4m recovery, all fine

Edited: 11/03/2013 at 18:00
11/03/2013 at 18:08
Yes, still doing the half Teknik..... But as part of a long run
11/03/2013 at 18:13

SC Thats up to you.

AGF Nice to see you back and so is Lulu

Teknik just done mine in the snow bloody freezing again here.

5 miles easy/recovery and a 1 mile swim

11/03/2013 at 18:37

17 and wee bit done. 1st 8.5ish were uphill and into the wind, not fun at all. The 8.5 home wasn't too bad though.

Given my lack of LSRs recently, I think I might not bother racing on Sunday. Might do 13.1 w/10@MP, then 18-19 on Monday. I have a 10k the following week, so I might just give it a thrash then.

1,401 to 1,420 of 5,289 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.