4 half marathons in 7 weekends

2 messages
02/05/2013 at 11:57

Morning all,

Having run the Ldn marathon last year, and Paris this year, my aim for the autum season is to get my half time down to 1.45 from 1.55. To do this I have entered 4 half marathons (starting late Aug) in seven weekends, with a weekend off between each event.

I have got my training plan sorted for the run up to the first event, but what should I do between them? At the moment I am running 50-60km a week but guessing I should lower that a bit?

12/05/2013 at 21:13

Your mileage is fine unless you feel overtired.

Basically, I would pick 2 of your races that are most PBable and focus on them. The other races will just be quality training, maybe hitting goal pace for a chunk of the race, finishing fast or even adding a bit on the end, possibly.

Which races are you doing?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.