5K improvement

1 message
02/03/2013 at 12:56

I'm trying to estimate what improvement in my 5K time I could expect? I have a month to set a time (for Marathon Talk's Jantastic, incidentally). I've just run a PB of 26:05 at Marple parkrun: the course I will be targetting a new PB on the last Saturday of March. Today's run was pretty flat out (for me!) - struggling to hold on for the last mile or so. I have reduced my times consistently by 20 seconds or so every week for the past 6 weeks or so.

I'm going to follow a brief Smartcoach schedule (1 speed or tempo session; 2 shorter easy runs, 1 long run, 1 or 2 cross-training sessions a week). What I am wondering is what might be feasible in this relatively short time. Could I take a minute off in that time?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.