9 weeks to marathon or 14 weeks for sub 1:30 half

1 message
31/01/2013 at 21:12
I have been running fairly regular now for just over 12 months covering 1300 miles last year. My half marathon PB is 1:36 last July. I got injured in September and reduced my mileage and speed for the end of the year. I have ran 180 miles this month with a lot off road fell running and just ran my first 13.1 miles since September in 1:50 (fell running) and a 43 minute 10k (road). I am 42 male and 136 pounds. I have two goals which I'm battling with, a sub 1:30 half Sheffield in May was my original aim but very tempted to enter Blackpool marathon which is in 9 weeks if so would aim for 3:30. Which is more achievable? I feel I could run 26.2 miles at 8:00 mile pace but upto now 15 miles is my longest run. I would be joining a 16 week plan at week 7 but don't look to have missed to much as a fairly high mileage in January anyway. Or would I be best to up the speed work give my self a bit longer and try to break 1:30 for the half. Any advice on which one to do best way to train for it would be greatly appreciated
Edited: 31/01/2013 at 21:14

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.