Althetics club for 8 year old ?

4 messages
11/07/2006 at 15:44
Does any one have any connections with athletics clubs for juniors in this area?
My friend's son is a great runner and would benefit from a bit of training and guidance.

Any help would be gratefully received.

JJ

11/07/2006 at 15:54
Epsom and Ewell Harriers have juniors but I think it may be from age 10 and there is a waiting list. Both my girls are on their waiting list my youngest being 9. Why not email them

Kath
11/07/2006 at 15:59
Hi Green eyes.

I was thinking about the epsom and ewell harriers. I'll pass their web site on to my friend.

I went to my 8 year old daughters sports day today and to say she is NOT a runner is a severe understatement :-)

Ah well, my son seems to becoming a bit sporty so I'll have a traing partner there in a few years.
11/07/2006 at 16:03
My 9 year old daughter did the Claygate 5 with me on Sunday. I was soo proud of her cos she's only ever run a mile or so before. We came in in about 58 mins and I think there may have been Allsorts behind us as well. I was one dead chuffed mum I can tell you:-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.