any good training tips

2 messages
dp
08/09/2002 at 19:14
just completed my first ever run(glasgow 1/2)done it in 2hrs 14min but would like to improve for my next run anyone got any good training tips for me to run at a better pace for longer distances...
08/09/2002 at 21:14
after my 1/2 debut in '99, completed in 2hrs 10 I increased my training and did the same 1/2 the next year in 1.57. The next move was the best one I made, I joined a club and as a result learnt loads about structuring my training to include tempo runs, fartlek & long runs and importantly recovery runs. Before I joined the club my training was haphazard. Now I can also try to catch that club mate in front of me. My 1/2 PB now stands at 1.41. So if you're not a member of aclub join one.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.