Anyone heard of "harvards"?

6 messages
26/09/2008 at 22:17
Reviewing a rowing website they mention "harvards" amongst the weight training exercises they do but I've never heard of them and am having little luck googling them.  Anyone know what they are and can point me in the direction of some online resource about them?
27/09/2008 at 15:31
This is really bugging me now.. I have searched everywhere on the interweb and not a scrap of info about these things.. that is so frustrating!
27/09/2008 at 16:23

Found this easy peasy

Exploding Harvards
Reps: 10 jumps each leg; gradually increase to 20 jumps each legPurpose
  • Introduce athletes to plyometric training
Equipment
  • Box or step to create knee angle of 80-120 degrees
Teaching Steps
  1. Take "hips tall" position facing box
  2. Step one foot up onto box; weight is forward and over flexed leg on box
  3. Arms are in sprint motion
  4. Powerfully push down leg on box, bring hips directly over leg on box; maintain "hips tall" position
  5. Return to starting position
  6. Repeat quickly

Points of Emphasis:   

• A knee angle much less than 80 degrees puts undue stress on knee
  • Obtain maximum height
When to Use: Start in second week of training; stop two weeks prior to major competitions

27/09/2008 at 16:23
where'd you find it??
27/09/2008 at 16:25
27/09/2008 at 18:14
Shelf Side wrote (see)

Found this easy peasy

I can visualise from the description, I think, what they are, a varient on step ups.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.