As John Lennon once said

5 messages
05/01/2003 at 10:56
After an eight week lay off due to a strange knee/calf problem I'm just back from my first "trot" (cos that's all it was!) It lasted all of 15 mins and I felt quite wheezy when I finally settled back down on my return.

I'm planning a 10K on Feb 16th in Grangemouth, I hope I can build quickly enough cos this feels like I've never ran before in my life!
05/01/2003 at 12:59
Gusher,
Just take it steady & all will work out fine.
Trogs    pirate
05/01/2003 at 13:01
I'm sure there's enough time between now and your 10k to get back into it. Just don't try to push too hard too soon cos otherwise your knee/calf problem may return with a vengence.

Happy running.
05/01/2003 at 13:05
All sound advice. I think once your body gets used to running again you'll be surprised how quickly that feeling of being wheezy will disappear. Good luck in your build up, as the others said take it easy!
05/01/2003 at 15:56
Thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement.

I'll tell you what, mentally I feel on top of the world knowing that I got up this morning and ran in the snow and ice after all the over indulgence and long lie ins during the last couple of weeks especially!

I'm now working on a plan to hit my 10k goal using the Excel Spreadsheet highlighted on [url=http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=1&UTN=6498&SP=&V=6] this post [/url]

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.