Base Training

11,421 to 11,440 of 11,716 messages
30/07/2006 at 21:22
What's going on here then?

I've been away for a week on my jollies and not a single post?

Where are you?............
30/07/2006 at 23:54
Heeeeereeee

How were the hols Susie?

Results of the MRI tomorrow...

Hope the results are conclusive as, at the moment, I am more focused on being able to walk again never mind run...
04/08/2006 at 18:41
Good luck David. I hope it all gets sorted out - you've had it tough!

I've just done 2 80-mile weeks with some very hard sessions. Not exactly BT anymore, but most of my runs are still nice and easy.
04/08/2006 at 20:52
David - I hope the results are OK and that you can finally begin to move on.

My hols were absolutely fantastic - a week in the Lakes - not a single step run (unless you count trying to catch up with a toddler who had escaped from its grandparents in Kendal High St - pleased to say he didn't outrun me!!)

Have done 1 run since I got back but am still suffering with Achilles Tendinitis. It better hurry up and get better - I've got a month of races in September!
05/08/2006 at 12:58
David
where is the news!

I was sad enough to do hgalf a mile 2 days agoo by running up and down the hotel corridor

didnt want to break me streak
05/08/2006 at 17:37
Hipps....news was not so good.

MRI sent back to consultant with cover letter. Letter said no obvious signs of damage to meniscus but possible thinning of the articular cartilage on femur (at knee).

However, consultant showed me the MRIs and said that he was not convinced that thinning was necessarily the problem.

I asked for advice as to the way ahead. he stated that - as I was paying for the treatment myself - he thought that I should wait for NHS arthroscopy. The reason for this is that he was 95% sure that an arthroscopy would not show anything that he could treat.

To be fair, I think he was trying to save me money. So I have contacted the physio at my local hospital (who I managed to see last week) to ask that he refers me to a NHS consultant. I have also made another appointment with my GP and Mr Leach (my private consultant) has said that he will write to my GP stating that I should be referred for an arthroscopy.

Meanwhile, I can barely walk. I can only go 10-20 ft before my knee locks. This is driving me nuts. I can't do the most basic things (such as run after my 3 year old son when he strays towards the road).

I may end up going back to private consultant and telling him to go ahead anyway.

Sorry to be such a moan.

Hope your hols were good.

d
08/08/2006 at 22:26
David - with news like that I think you have every right to moan as much as you like, after all, people on here understand the frustration even if not the exact pain you are going through.

What about pool running - could you try that?

Hipps - did you have a good hols?
09/08/2006 at 09:22
hi

back form hol-v limited internet access

David
that just isnt bloody good enough

Quite clearly
SOMETHING has happened to you knee
and you need solutions

hm

time for second opinion??
09/08/2006 at 14:53
DF -this sounds incredible. I can't understand how they can't figure it out. The knee is a pretty simple mechanical device and with all the technology you'd expect an answer.

Second opinion from a sports smart Doc sounds a good idea though.

I can't even begin to imagine how it makes you feel, but stick in there.
24/08/2006 at 08:45
Boing!

I was looking to re-read the original Hadd article but the link on the first page of the thread doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know if it's moved, or is this just a temporary thing?
24/08/2006 at 08:59
SVT

I cannot get the original page open, but there is a copy of it here:

Hadd copy
24/08/2006 at 08:59
ah good morning basers
24/08/2006 at 09:06
Cheers DR (and good morning Hippo)

I've worked out that my best way to maximise my training in the time slots I have available is to get out early and do 8 miles or so every day - I wanted to re-read Hadd to remind myself why this is a good thing!
02/09/2006 at 11:07
I have come to the conclusion that no-one must be base training any more - hence no posts.

I've still been running although I've tried to limit it a bit whilst I've got Achilles Tendinitis - yet again - although I realised on Thursday that the slower I run the worse it hurts but then if I try to run faster then I just can't breathe and keep going.....problem really.
02/09/2006 at 12:40
Day 153

882 miles
Susie-take care of that tendon
are you having any treatment for it

03/09/2006 at 16:00
I would be base training ....if I could..

well done on the streak hipps..

d
04/09/2006 at 21:12
Day 2
19 miles

(I rested on Saturday)

Sorry I missed you at Wolverhampton Hipps.

Hope the tendon sorts itself Susie

Still no luck DF? (I've not been on the daily training thread for a while)

04/09/2006 at 21:41
No. Left leg/knee is a disaster..
05/09/2006 at 09:57
Day 8
45 miles

Struggling the last 10 days with a running nose, so kept the mielage lower and a very close eye on the heart rate monitor.

DF, sorry to hear that you are no better. What is next for you? Can the docs do anything to help?
05/09/2006 at 20:58
David, That's rubbish. Sorry to hear that. Good luck is all I can wish you really.
11,421 to 11,440 of 11,716 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.