Bleep Test

4 messages
06/11/2003 at 20:11
Has anyone done a bleep test lately?

I did one a few months after taking up running and managed level 9. Then 6 months on I made 11, a further 6 months and I was up to zero shuttles at level 12.

Now after 9 months training since my last test I did another one a couple of days back and I really struggled to make exactly the same level as last time. My general speed has increased a bit (based on 10k pace and other measured routes). But does this mean by VO2 max has just peaked for the moment? I was marathon training until late September so all the long slow training may have led to a loss of pace and fitness.

So what level on the 20m bleep test can everyone else get?
AndrewSmith    pirate
06/11/2003 at 21:14
are you doing any specific training for it?
06/11/2003 at 21:22
I have heard about the bleep test but must confess I have no idea what it is or how you go about testing yourself. But I would imagine if you have been doing lots of long steady runs for marathon training it would affect pace over shorter distances.
06/11/2003 at 22:07
i HATE! the bleep test! lol. its not really the best test anyway if your a distance runner - maybe all the stopping and starting doesnt suit you, or you overheat indoors or something? Why don't you try the cooper test instead - its much better as test for runners. All you do is time how long it takes you to run one and a half mile - you can work out your VO2 max, etc from your time :) The bleep test isn't so good for endurance runners because of all the stopping and starting - your body won't be used to it if you train over long distances

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.